main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tips & Tricks More trooper mods

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by christoff88, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Dude no! Don't tell them, we Canadians have to hog them all for ourselves, since we missed out on them last time!

:p

2. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Sorry Fett... I beleive in open source... in True free trade... and that fans give in to fans what they know...

Though maybe next time, I'll just announce we have something for sale though...

3. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Hey Grey :)

The Sniper plate came out great, although I rushed it a bit since I was trying to get everything done in time for a show but I didn't but the next few I plan to do will be perfect . . .

Take Care

John Laurel
    TD7012

4. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Any pics of the Plate?... too bad you didn't get it done for the show...

Sounds like I'll get my clone armour this weekend!... sweet... Just maybe, I might get it ready for my next event!...

5. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    Hey Grey, the only pic I have is here

[image=http://www.southtxsquad.homestead.com/TS1.jpg]

But I have a question for you - I got the Tie Mic that you posted about and I was wondering if you guys are having feedback problems like I am ? ? ?

All I know is that once I put the thing on - it sounds like Mariah Carey caught in a bear trap. So if you guys know of a way to fight the feedback please help a Trooper Brother out !!!

Take Care

TD7012 - OUT !!!
    John Laurel

6. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    It's been sounding like I have the only working white amp out there... I had NO problems... I'm sorry to hear yours is a pain...

But there's some good news... the Good Amp is back!!! I bought one from Radio Shack just last week... BUT... available in Canada only so far... just 50 bucks Canadian... PM me and I can see about getting you one if you'd like...

That plate looks good to me!... How'd you mount it?... a rivet in the center?.. I've finally got the dye for my pouches... so that's my next job... and the Electrobinoculars are on their way!... AND I've a trade happening for a backpack!... so I'll soon have everything but a Heavy blaster and those plates!...

There's links to pics of my suit on this thread (in a parade no less)...
    http://boards.theforce.net/Niagara/b10319/15880613/?6

7. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Armor looks great Grey Star! Are you going to go total Sandie? I took the leap right off the bat and dirtied the armor up good! By the way....did you get the blaster in time last week?

Hey John...hows it going? I have not posted here in awhile...

Jess
    TD/TI-5151
    Mountain Garrison

8. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Thanks... My armour is pretty dirty as is... but it's a safe bet I'll be going only as dirty... It's so much easier to just stuff all the armour into itself and having no worries of scratches and stuff...

Depends on which blaster... the one I was carrying was a Kenner sprayed black the night before... I picked up a short range blaster that day, but after the event... I gotta say... I liked having the TV camera's on me!... *LOL*...

9. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    I think I figured out how to fix my chest armour... currently it fits like... CRAP... you may have noticed in some pics the oh so lovely gap... but if I let the shoulders out... I bet it sits better!... I'll check this out.. then I'll have to drill out a few rvits and add a strap or something... maybe I'll vac up new shoulder strap pieces...

10. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Grey Starr...I meant the Short Range Blaster....I was hoping you would have got it by the time of the event ;)

Jess
    TD/TI-5151
    Mountain Garrison

11. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    The Short Range blaster is AWSOME... and it did beat me there... but I wasn't able to pick it up for the parade... which sucked... but I'll now have it for the next event here it Toronto, June 6 (which, BTW, will have over 17 501st present)...

I think I'm going to mod the gun a bit and add sound... maybe a little super brite in the barrel... and I guess I might as well get a holster made when I get the chance!... *L*

12. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I am glad you are happy with it! I will be working on some different ones soon. MG-34's, MG-15's and Lewis guns.

13. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Sweet... I need me one of them MG's... then I could have a Short Range on the hip... and an MG in hand... *drool*...

The blaster was very good... I was on it as soon as I noticed I saw the pic in the book you had showing with it... damn accurate looking...

14. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Check out the link at the bottom of my previous posting to see more blasters I have done. It is the webshots one.

15. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Damn... your good at it!... That MG-15 is beautiful!!!

I've a couple of friends doing up that clone gun... the ummm... ummm... damn... But in any event... they're the best... It'll be awaome to have with the clone armour!

16. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I am trying to work the Clone gun out myself....got me a set of clone armor too....I just need to make some time to work on it

17. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    Hola my Brothers and Sisters that visit this thread :)

Grey - on the knee plate, I ended up plumbers gooping it since I couldn't find the screws that I wanted to use on the plate - but the ones that I plan to work on in the future will have the option of the screws or just to goop it . . .

Jess, good seeing you postin on here Bro !!!

I plan to see about insulating my bucket to see if that will cut back on the feedback, the amp works great just that since the mic is powered it's gonna feedback unless I filter out in some way . . .

Take Care Friends :)

TD7012 - OUT !!!

John Laurel

18. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Bump... I tried out that Krylon Fusion on my amp... painted it pretty white to match the armour... and it worked Perfect!... many people didn't notice the amp, and had to look for it...

Things still to do.. Dye my pouches black; Mod the armour over the shoulders to fit; Finish my Kenner blaster mods...

AND the Clone armour is being done by Fett Jr... and his brother is on the Helm... God bless them... I'd never get the time...

19. BASSOFeeSH

BASSOFeeSH Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2000
    Woah!
    http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/sdshelmets.htm

New helmets from the guys who made the REAL ones!?

But would a styrene helmet "go" with ABS armor? [face_plain]

20. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Woo Hoo... new shoulder straps!... now to find the time to attach them... *sigh*...

21. BASSOFeeSH

Nov 10, 2000
    My armor finally arrived & I've got a few helmet questions.

Regarding lenses, I'm going with flat lenses & don't know when I should glue them one. Should I do it before or after the helmet assembly? I'd guess it's easier to do it first, but it looks like the faceplate will require some bending to fit it correctly.

Also, I'm going Sandtrooper & have a frown question. I thought I read somewhere that Sandtroopers's frowns were different, so is there a tutorial somewhere about how to cut it out?

and here is a site I'm working on while I build my armor.

22. BASSOFeeSH

Nov 10, 2000
    Aerator mod

I ran across an interesting aerator mod on the sandtooper.net forums & thought I'd give it a try. You basically gut the aerators, cut a hole behind them, & use them for air intake.

23. Grand Moff Jerjerrod

Grand Moff Jerjerrod Jedi Master star 3

Jul 14, 1999
    That's an interesting mod, but I know lots of us use aerators as speaker mounts, so that wouldn't work if you go for the full working com deal.

GMJ
    TK2517

24. BASSOFeeSH

Nov 10, 2000
    Yeah, but I'll probably put the speaker somewhere else anyway. At worst I can easily "plug" the hole & place aerator speakers in there.

25. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    But how does it work for an air intake?... do you have a fan drawing in air... and a fan taking it out the "mouth"?...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.