main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Moriband? Korriban? Don't care?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by darth_mccartney, Mar 17, 2014.

?

Moriband? Korriban? Don't care?

1. Moriband

13 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. Korriban

51 vote(s)
    51.0%
  3. Don't care

36 vote(s)
    36.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

But they still felt the need to address this in the episode itself when Anakin says something about ships so small usually not having cloaking devices. So, regardless of the absolute size of the ship, Filoni apparently still saw the need to address the perceived contradiction and then still implies that even the stealth ship is smaller than most ships that would carry such a device.

2. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    All that does is emphasise that the MF, which is smaller than even this outlier Republic vessel, isn't even in the same part of the size spectrum as other ships with cloaking devices. That seemed less like an attempt to address a perceived contradiction than an attempt to impede the introduction of other relatively small ships with cloaking devices. It was a moving of the goalposts. Stealthy ships introduced from now on have to be much larger than the Republic ship rather than just larger than the MF.

Naturally, Filoni went the extra mile (or 66 metres even) to keep the uniqueness of the small, cloaked MF intact.

3. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Indeed. And much of the expression of, "opinions," in this thread is vitriolic when concerning Lucas or Filoni. Or in simple terms, crying about it.

I can only image what's going to happen if Moriband is used on screen in ep.VII. Heads may explode.

Pfluegermeister and V-2 like this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    They might. I don't know. Nor do I really care. People can be bothered by whatever happens to bother them.

But I'm sure you're aware that vitriol and tears do not usually go together after about second grade.

So...nobody's crying about it.

5. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    But going by the meaning of 'crying about it' used in general parlance, yes they are.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    For some reason you all are insisting upon using a verb to mean something that does not fit its dictionary definition. I have no idea why, but I'm also not going to spend time arguing with you over what the word "to cry" means.

Shall we move on to why we're discussing other fans in the first place? I think that's the larger issue here anyway.

7. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Oh you'd like to change the subject? Why have you been discussing other fans so much? Why is it okay to criticise people who do that now that you've abruptly stopped?

Worse than [Removed. For obvious reasons. ~Sx3], you are. :p

8. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Looks like this thread has run its course.

V-2 and Circular Logic like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.