main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Morning Routine: First Sentence Challenge response; Jacen, Jaina, morning breath.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Oddball_62, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oddball_62

Oddball_62 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2007
    Alright, this is a (very) little ditty I wrote in response to the First Sentence Challenge . The first sentence is in bold.

Title: Morning Routine
    Author: Oddball_62
    Timeline: Around 24 ABY
    Genre: Humor?
    Characters: Jacen, Jaina

The purple moonbeams on the sleepy garden walls were beautiful, completely at odds with the monster that slept within.

Suddenly, a blaring alarm pierced through the silence.

Jacen Solo awoke, groggy from the short night's sleep, and rolled off his sleep couch.

Messy, bed-headed, and half nude, he stumbled through the hallway to the refresher. At the sink, he splashed his face with cool water to wash the sleepiness away. Looking into the mirror, he surveyed his own stubbled, baggy-eyed face.

Am I really that fat?, he asked himself.

"Yes, you are."

He jumped back in alarm and looked in the direction from where the voice had come.
    His sister, in a bathrobe, stood in the doorway, leaning against the frame.

"Kriffit, Jaina, stay out of my head!"

"Sorry," she said, sauntering over to him. "It's just so much fun to aggravate you."

Jacen blew out a breath, trying to quell the adrenaline rush. Running his hand through his hair, he realized he didn't have a shirt on.

"Don't worry," Jaina said, reading his mind again, "I brought this with me."

She handed him his own bathrobe, and he put it on, aware of her watching him.

After looking at each other for awhile, he asked, "Are you...waiting for something?"

"Hm?" She looked as if she had just come out of a trance. "Oh, I was just thinking about how cute you used to be. Then you got old and fat.? She smiled.

Ignoring the insult, he smiled back. ?And you used to be the nerdy, scrawny preteen, and now look at you. A beautiful, spunky, and -dare I say it- sexy adult.?

At this retort, she punched him on the shoulder. Not hard, he noticed, just playing around. ?Come on, little brother; don?t kid around with me like that. You know and I know that I?m the most Hutt-like female this side of the Hydian Way.?

?Well,? he said, pretending to think, ?You are pretty Hutt-like.?

?Hey! You?re supposed to be a good brother and say, ?Oh, no, Jaina, you?re the prettiest!? or something like that.?

?Sorry, but lying is bad.?

This time, she really punched him.

Laughing, he pushed her out of the room. ?I need to take a shower,? he said, trying to close the door. She pushed against him, trying to bother him. Both were laughing uncontrollably. ?I stink,? he pleaded.

?Yea, you really do,? she said, freeing one hand so she could plug her nose.

?No, you?re supposed to say, ?Oh, no, Jacen! You smell really nice!? or something like that.?

?Sorry, but lying is bad.?

Slam.

2. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    LOL. Some people's kids! :p

What a wonderful little look into a morning routine. Great banter. Easy to read. Super great flow.

You write really well. Thanks for the PM! :)

P.S. You ever get to writin' anything else, you just let me know. ;)

3. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    [face_laugh] I really like this story Odd. It's a clever idea, showing what they do in the morning. :D

4. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Cute and funny, a good combination for a nice little vignette.

Very nice Oddball_62. That's 2 First Sentences under your belt. Woo hoo!

5. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Very good banter! Loved it. Hey Jedi kids have to fight too. It's just in every child's nature!

6. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    LOL that was awesome! Now why can't it have been like that for real?!? Not fair [face_talk_hand] Still, that was an adoreable moment!!!!

Huggles,
    [face_good_luck] Irish

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.