main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Morrowind Chronicles: An Introduction To Morrowind And A Collection Of Your Lore and characters.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Rabid_Balding_Ewok, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    For those of you who are unfamilar with this title you might want to check it out. This game is going to rock the PC and trash all that has passed before on the consoles.

The game takes place on the land of Morrowind. More info on it's history can be found here.
    [image=http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/images/concept22.jpg]

500 hours of gameplay. 50-100 hours just for the main quest which leaves around 400 hours of gameplay when you factor in al the sidequests.

400 dungeons to explore.

1000 scripted NPC's to interact with.

Anything thats not bolted down can be picked up. Plates and cups on a villagers table, books on a book case all can be taken.

Tired of being forced to play the good guy? In Morrowind your hands aren't tied. You can do anything and everything you want. Just don't expect a warm welcome from the law or the populance. You can even purchase your own slaves to do your bidding. :D

There are various guilds to join like the mages guild, Thieves guild or the assassins. [face_devil] There are also different factions to join.

10 races to choose from.
    - The Nord - High Elfs
    - Britons - Dark Elfs
    - Orcs - Argonian (Lizard people)
    - Imperial - Khajit (Cat Like People)
    - Redguard - Wood Elf

Various weapons and armor to use. With their own individual feel and look per race. An Argonian Long Sword will look diffrent compared to a Dark elf Long Sword.

13 Schools Of Magic
    Fully customizable spells. Bored with the games magic spells? Make your own.

[image=http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/images/editor2_800.jpg]

Game Editor (PC only at this point) So when you get tired of the huge gameworld you can add to it or download someone elses creations.

Vampirism: You can go off and do battle with the undead but beware if they should bite you, you might end up with their curse. From there you can choose to join various vampire clans or seek a cure. Either way you will be hunted down by Vampire Slayers.

Various skills to choose from. They range from thievery, magic and combat to commerce and persuasion. Just a small selection of the skills available: Armorer, Sneaking, Mercantile, speechcraft. You are free to make yourself a diplomat, thief, assassin, Mage, warrior or whatever type of character you have in mind.

The game can be played in the 1st or 3rd person perspective. This should accomadate the various types of gamers out there.

Some Screens:

[image=http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/images/image77_800.jpg] [image=http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/images/image41_800.jpg]

Combat is handled in real time. It requires the player to move the mouse/controller to swing a weapon. So don't expect to be spending mindless hours of selecting a text message to confirm your attack in a slow turn based fight. There is a lot of room for battle tactics and overall strategies.

It should be released on the PC today or tommorow and on the Xbox on the 17th. Wether it's for the Xbox or the PC this is a game no fantasy/adventure fan should pass up. And for those that like RPG's, untill Neverwinter Nights comes out it won't get better then this. :D

A Video preview and trailers can be found here.

Edit: LOL, the other thread must of poped up while I was making this thread. So to avoid the Redundant Police I guess I'll change this thread into a chronicle of Morrowind stories. So for those who are picking up the game post your experainces and in game stories here and what type of character your going to make.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::

2. Morrowind

Morrowind Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    my story so far!

PC for me, those bastards at EB lied to me today hah was funny when I gave him crap

me: So, when do you get morrowind in?
    eb moron: Well, see there was a big bug in the game so they recalled it all.
    me: Right, right, so what bug is it that caused all the copies to be recalled?
    eb idiot: well something with it wasent working right
    me:so whens it gonna be in then?
    eb tard: well about a week we think.
    me: who is 'we'?
    eb dumbass : the store.
    me : why dont you stop lying to me?
    eb dolt: um what sir?
    me : why dont you just say they had a problem with the master cd and it delayed shiping one day instead of this week bullcrap you are giving me? Hmm? anyways cancel my preorder, give me the $90 now please.
    eb tool: I cant do that.
    me : alright, your manager is in the back office ill go talk to him then.
    eb f4g : no need sir, just give the preorder slip and ill ring it up for you.

on the way out i went and saw the manager anyways =P told him they lost a customer who buys 2-4 games a month because he cant have employee's that tell the truth, end result he gave me a $50 store credit for nothing =)

Morrowind collectors edition here i come!

anyways, heh i am going to make a battle enchanter =)

also get that boba fett armor RBE , it looks sweet , link in other thread.

TESIII: Morrowind
    Custom Character

Name:
    Race: Nord
    Birthsign: The Warrior

Class: Battle Chanter

Major Skills:
    - Heavy Armor
    - Long Blade
    - Enchant
    - Acrobatics
    - Alchemy

Minor Skills:
    - Mysticism
    - Marksman
    - Armorer
    - Blunt Weapon
    - Athletics

Class Description:

Kick ass and chew bubble gum, also ability to enchant own weapons for maximum kill power.

3. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    Well I think I'm going to buy it on the X-box for a better framerate and a big screen. I broke down and reinstalled Daggerfall a couple weeks ago. Unfortunatly I could never get the patch to download so I did without. It's fun using open on a weapon shop late at night. They throw you in jail for trying to pick a lock but use magic and you're suddenly a rich man. There was one time I came across a puzzle where you threw switches to raise and lower bars. I thought I'd be clever and anchor my teleport in the middle so I could skip a bunch, unfortuantly I got stuck because of it and had to reload from a much earlier save point.

4. Morrowind

May 2, 2002
    In morrowind you can also get stoned as well/be a drug dealer like in dagger fall :D

oh and its more then 1000 npc's ;) make it 2-3 times that much =P

5. Morrowind

May 2, 2002
    SINCE OUR LEADER JP LOCKED MY THREAD I HAVE TO COME SULK IN HERE :(

6. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Yeah, I'll be snagging the X-Box version too. Any word yet as to when that version will be released? Every mention I've seen online of that is hazy at best as to a specific release date.

7. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    It's going to be the 15th, 16th or 17th. One of those days it should arrive, but as much as I want it I don't care if they push it back a whole month if it means they get the bugs worked out for once. No more falling into the cracks (literally) for me!

8. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    I'm all for a later release if it results in a better, tighter, more bug-free product.

9. Morrowind

May 2, 2002
    atm its pretty bug free, xbox version is just going through MS quality assurance whatever blah blah basicaly micro$oft doesnt want a buggy product going out (yes i know......)

10. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    As I'm sure Rabid knows, I'm definitely looking forward to Morrowind. Have been ever since I found it was going to be made. Bring on teh sw33t, sw33t g4ming.

11. Morrowind

May 2, 2002
    i still have a 66mhz comp to play daggerfall.. you lose

12. Mercilor

Mercilor Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2002
    *cough*I*cough*already*cough*have*cough*a*cough*copy*cough*

=/ I know. It's illegal. It's evil. But, damnit, it's MORROWIND!!! I couldn't wait. I'll buy it when it comes out in the stores, but there's nothing wrong with getting a little head start, is there? =)

13. Jahnis-Khand

Jahnis-Khand Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    Doesn't it have 10 billion different classes? At least, thats what my brother told me.

14. Morrowind

May 2, 2002
    ya, i almost downloaded the warez version last night =/ but it wasent worth the trouble of it when I can get it today.

and he was wrong :( ONLY 300 billion possible class types(HOW I DONT KNOW) but i guess they take in the artwork of your character and your skills you take.

15. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    [image=http://members.rogers.com/alienacid/booty.jpg]

[image=http://members.rogers.com/alienacid/weapons.jpg]

im a bad ass imperial

///leaves again

16. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    Your bad ass needs to be able to shoot fireballs from your arse or buy a tourch cause I can't see anything. It's too dark.

17. Morrowind

May 2, 2002
    heh, im a imperial knight/theif/mage

and I can shoot fireballs, I spent enough money on trainign and i can do 10 dmg with one!(really crappy) but each successful cast=teh win, ups your skill in it, takes about 10-20 shots to do it.

18. Morrowind

May 2, 2002
    My stuffs

try that now... i found some torch's and lamps laying around the town,

and that orangish armor i got from a NPC i made in the game that is supposed to attack me, its level 15 :p to bad the guards whacked it before I could get a swing in =/ but cool armor and sword hehe.

I can kinda work the editor, as you see i changed the room a bit, i lost the firepit and added a table :)

19. DUM4

DUM4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2000
    Just about bought the Collector's Edition today, but decided to wait. Now that I watched the trailer that's at Fileplanet, I wish I would have gotten it.

20. Ender

Ender Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 12, 1998
    I'm trying an Imperial Battlemage out. Might start over though. The gameworld is huge. You guys install the EB artifact plugin?

21. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Well, I got an illegal copy a few days ago, since I couldn't wait until the delayed release here in Norway. So I'll be playing that until my Collector's Edition arrives on my doorstep.

Freaking sweet game, I love it. Currently playing with a Redguard melee guy.

22. Morrowind

May 2, 2002
    I like my new home, to bad the deady body at the bottom of the stairs, but its cool, i redecorated it with the editor, added some chests for my armor and such

My new house

23. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Cool. I like that green sword. :)

I've been kicking around the idea of a Wild Elf, Assasin/Mage. With the mystism, conjuration and alchemy schools. And the Alronach birth sign. I figure I'll use summon creatures to distract my targets while I sneak up behind my victim and slit his throat. [face_devil]

So for those that have the game what has been the best fight you've gotten into so far?

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

24. Morrowind

May 2, 2002
    I have 2 enchanted glass daggers, 1 unenchanted one, a enchanted glass jinksword, and a enchanted glass longsword, non enchanted longsword and glass claymore

all those put together are worth over 100,000 in morrowind :p

thats not even getting close to my deridic weapons(best in game :)) I have a long sword, katana(my fave) and a dagger)

(they are the ash/red colour swords :))

25. Morrowind

May 2, 2002
    My best fight was my level 12 fighter owned 3 level 15 orcs on the topmost part of the island

they=pwned

took me a hour to haul all there booty with me back to where i wanted it , ended up getting 90,000 gold for all of it if i sell it, right now its in storage mmm orc armor.

nice if you use medium, i use heavy, so i wear right now a hodgepodge collection of ebony, steel, and imperial, and that cool mask thing i found (it has a +30 constant effect to personality)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.