main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Morrowind Chronicles: An Introduction To Morrowind And A Collection Of Your Lore and characters.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Rabid_Balding_Ewok, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DUM4

DUM4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2000
    Picked up the Collector's Edition along wity The Morrowind Prophecies Official Guide. :D Now I just need to find time to play all of these games. :(

2. Morrowind

Morrowind Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    Whee new thingys!

A plug in from bethsoft is done already hehe YOU CAN PLAY DRUMS!

Go get it :eek:

3. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Just saw screenshots for the X-Box version... YOW!!! I'm thinkin' this thing will be involving enough to make up for the fact that (at this point) the X-Box can't do plug-in expansions.

Can't wait for this baby to come out... sounds like a week or two.

4. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    I don't see why it wouldn't. Let's not forget about that trusty hard drive. They could always make an expansion disk and put it in the OXM, much like DOA3's expansion disk. :D Besides they held back it's release on Xbox for M$ quality assurance perhaps they added it in. Supposedly it gets released tommorow, finaly.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

5. Patrick Russell

Jul 9, 1998
    Tomorrow??? Really! Hmmmm... ;)

I agree... the X-Box hard drive is a serious bonus for this type of thing, and I can see that it would tend to make it possible to actually provide plug-ins down the road.

Here's what I'm wondering... the thing has a DVD drive. It can read CDs as well, from what I understand. So, what's to stop them from releasing online downloads of plug-ins for the X-Box version of Morrowind which one can then burn onto a CD and load into the X-Box that way?

6. Patrick Russell

Jul 9, 1998
    Just took a peek on Amazon... looks like they've got May 30th as the release date for the X-Box version.

Oh well... what's a couple more weeks? This thing looks fantastic!

7. Patrick Russell

Jul 9, 1998
    Just talked yesterday to a friend of mine who works for Microsoft's game division, and he told me that it's still up in the air as to when the official ship date for the X-Box version of Morrowind will be. Apparently the bugs have been tougher to work out than expected, so it's tentatively supposed to release at the end of the month, but that could change.

IMHO, Bethesda should hold onto Morrowind as long as they need to to get the bugs out. If they have to push it back to Fall, so be it... as long as the final product is in top-notch shape when they do finally release it.

8. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    Totally agree, although I'm ready to play now. After daggerfall they should take all the time they need to make sure that it's done right the first time.

9. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    A quick heads up. Preordering Morrowind for Xbox is now $39.99 at circuitcity.com . I was gonna wait but now I get it shipped in 1 day for less than I was expecting to pay at the store with tax.

Release date is now 6/10/02.

"someone got a bug problem here?"

10. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Currently playing a Thief. Pickpocketing is surprisingly rewarding, especially when your Sneak level is at 100 ( max )... ;)

11. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
  12. Patrick Russell

Jul 9, 1998
    Was just coming in here to mention that, Tenor! Really looking forward to this... I'm sure it won't be AS incredible as it sounds, but it'll be a lot of fun!

13. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    Finaly picked it up. Unfortunatly I haven't had much time to play it. :( But from the little amount of time I did play it, all I have to say is wow. The atmosphere and detail of the game really surprised me, dispite everything I already knew about the game. I was climbing out of some ravine in the dead of night with my character amidst a thunderstorm. Rain just pouring down on me, sound cranked up with the noise of the rainfall and thunder bouncing off my walls. When I saw these huge giant mushrooms towering above the valley below. My jaw just dropped from the sight of them against the horizon. Can't wait till I get some more time to play it.

-----signature-----

14. Patrick Russell

Jul 9, 1998
    Just picked my copy up too. NICE!! This is gonna be one game that really gives me my money's worth. I've played for a few hours, mostly around the first little port town, and so far so good. I'm running a Breton thief, which I expect to eventually train in some magical arts. Got caught picking a lock on a house... luckily the fines don't seem bad in the little port town there.

One thing I can't seem to figure out is how to rent a room at the trader's/inn. I've got townsfolk telling me that the guy rents rooms, but I'll be damned if I can see an option for it when I talk with him.

Great stuff, though. I was one of the folks who thoroughly enjoyed Aidyn Chronicles on N64, and so this is just a total treat.

15. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    I'm pissed. Mine hasn't shipped yet and Blockbuster doesn't have it to rent. :(

What's the deal?

16. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    I just got Morrowind and my first realization is that I need faster computer. My current one barely keeps game going.

But first impression of the game is quite good. I've lot to learn about how to stay alive but thanks to quick-save I've managed to get my wood-elf ranger to Balmora alive.

17. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    I'm using a Wood Elf aswell. Custom class "Night Caller", basicly an Assassin with the Conjuration and Mystism schools. Finally experianced my first Dust Storm. Their pretty cool. I was exploring some ruins in the mountains to the west of Balmora with a nice clear blue sky overhead. Then bam, the storm was on me. The sky had this blood red tinge to it with sand and dust whiping all about me, great sound effects aswell. I always play in the third person perspective when I'm traveling and was quite surprised when I saw my character raise his arms to shield his eyes from the storm. :D

-----signature-----

18. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    Can anybody tell me if there's any difference whether you choose male or female character?

19. Patrick Russell

Jul 9, 1998
    I don't think you can choose a female character. My understanding is that Bethesda was planning on it, but they chose to limit it to playing a male character rather than limiting other aspects of the game. (I can see that... this game just seems PACKED with stuff as it is. They've got to be pushing the limits of the storage medium on this one.)

I seriously love this game, by the way. I mean, I haven't even considered the actual storyline yet... I'm just out there doing jobs for the Thieves' Guild at this point and it's keeping me well occupied. Great stuff!

20. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    At least in the beginning when you create character you have option to choose sex. I choosed female but so far in the game it has not made any differences.

21. Boutros-Boutros

Boutros-Boutros Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2001
    The not being able to play as a female thing is for Project Ego. As far as I can tell, short of how you look when you take your clothes off, there's no difference between playing as a male or female.

22. Patrick Russell

Jul 9, 1998
    Gotcha. I'm thinking I was confusing a lot of earlier reports about Morrowind with a lot of early reports about Project Ego. I think Project Ego is the one where you actually age as the game progresses, you retain scars from battle, etc. Right?

Even so, Morrowind is just as good as the hype suggested. IMHO.

23. virtualoctopus

virtualoctopus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    I know with the editor, you can give males and females of a race different base stats. So I don't know if the default races are like this too.

24. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    There are differences between males and females. I don't think they're listed in the X-box version's instruction manual, but they are listed in the strategy guide. Usually the males and females have six attributes that are the same, and then two that differ by 10 to balance them out.

For instance, for Dark Elves it's:

Male Female
    STR 40 40
    INT 40 40
    WIL 30 30
    AGI 40 40
    SPE 50 50
    END 40 30
    PER 30 40
    LUC 40 40

Also, every race and every gender has a 40 luck to start.

I play a Dark Elf of the made up Detritus class. I focused on medium armor, long blade, marksman, armorer (I thought it would be more useful), and heavy armor. I minored in athletics, acrobatics, destruction, mercantile (I recommend speech craft instead) and... I forget, so it must have been a poor choice. My sign is the tower. I highly recommend athletics and acrobatics as minors for the simple fact that I go up levels simply by constantly jumping as I travel. It might look silly, and it might dry up your fatigue meter quickly, but it doesn't take too many jumps to boost acrobatics. Plus acrobatics comes in handy when jumping lava in some caves (Unless you have Icarian flight). My character wasn't made the best since it was my first attempt. When my wife went to make a character for us to play together, we created a female Argonian born under the sign of the Lady. The Lady nicely makes up for the race's weakness in Endurance and Personality. With her skill in speechcraft, and her 55 starting personality (30 to start, 25 boost from The Lady) a lot of NPCs jump up quickly in liking her. It's handy.

25. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    I went with a Redguard (resistance to those typical ailments is a nice thing to have), and a custom class (and in a moment of uninspired boringness) I named Ninja. Stealth school, strength and intelligence with Destruction, Enchantment and Restoration as my main magic focus. I chose the Lady. Heavy and medium armor long blade and typical stuff.
    I chose stealth cause I thought it would be a nice mix and an interesting way to play and then straight off the bat I stole an entire set of imperial steel armor, tower shield and all, and put it on. So now I'm a Ninja who's wearing 100 pounds of steel covering every part of my body clanging around making alot of noise and I can't use stealth mode. Yet I didn't want to give up my armor for something lighter. However now that I'm at level 5, I think I can survive without my tin can so I'm going to give it a go.

However, the suit did let me survive my first real fight, which was with a Vampire, albeit a weak one. I stumbled onto the ancestorial cave that you have to go into on the main quest. Not a good idea going headfirst into a dungeon in this game. I also unwittingly took out the egg poachers doing the same thing. Then turned around and killed the queen that lays the eggs so the mine workers were still screwed. [face_devil]

Is there a teleport spell like in daggerfall where you can set an anchor? Cause running around gets kind of old after awhile. Also I miss the 3x spell points. That kicked some major ass but the 2x spell points comes at too great a price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.