main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Morrowind Chronicles: An Introduction To Morrowind And A Collection Of Your Lore and characters.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Rabid_Balding_Ewok, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I will try that Theron thanks! I didn't even think of that.

2. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    [image=http://img2.uploadimages.net/233579Morrowind_Character.JPG]

I bought the Game of the Year Edition before Christmas and I'm going to start again properly. I had a Orc Barbarian and I was leveling up too early because of the skills Acrobatics and Athletics. The game is so massive that I think it will take me one year to explore half of Morrowind.

Can anyone of you experienced Morrowind players give me any suggestions about my character? Thanks. :)

3. Charlie81

Charlie81 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    the game will get boring, you will play it for 2 months and then find something better to do with your life.

4. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    lol or not. Just fiddle around with everything. Its fun

5. eequo

eequo Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2004
    eh. I never really liked this game.

6. Jedi_Learner

Jul 10, 2002
    I've got to Level 18 already without starting the main quest. I'm exploring around Ald'ruhn at the minute. Two things tick me off about the game. I have all this expensive armour and helmets which are worth around 15,000 gold pieces but I haven't come across a merchant that have more than 4,000 pieces and that is Creeper in Caldera. I've stocked all my expensive items in a house in the cantons of Vivec for now. The Journal is fine but I don't like it when it adds quests when you don't want them. I rescued a few prisoners from the Caldera mine and I got a quest telling me that the mines will be shut down for a few days for some House. What?

7. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    I'm thinking of buying Morrowwind GOTY edition for the XBOX, so is the game really that good like everyone says it is?

8. DarthWraith06

DarthWraith06 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2005
    Yeah it's the best game you will ever play. + it would last you longer than 20 games and I aint kidding.

9. Jedi_Learner

Jul 10, 2002
    I wouldn't say it was the best game I have ever played but it gives you plenty of choice in what you want to do. I can see how some people won't like the game though. If your use to conversation interfaces like Planescape Torment and Baldur's Gate II you'll be disappointed in the Morrowind conversations. Most conversations boil down to "Yes" or "No" answers which is disappointing.

10. DarthWraith06

DarthWraith06 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2005
    Yeah but the enviroments and creatures is what got me hooked on it.

11. x2themax69

x2themax69 Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2005
    hey ive been playing this game for a while now and im hella hooked(i bought the GOTY version) but im confused...
    1. is my short blade skill supposed to max. out at 100?
    2. for some reason i cant level up my intelligence past 100 when i gain a level, the only way to , lets say, summon a storm atronarch is to fortify my int.

is this normal?? cause..What The HEll?!

12. Jedi_Learner

Jul 10, 2002
    I think x2themax69 the maximium level you can get for any skill or attribute is 100 without using a magical item to increase a skill or attribute.

13. alne6gri0wa

alne6gri0wa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    of coursse that limit is extremely malleable, unless you have the GOTY edition.

I'm afraid you're doomed. Try getting Items that constantly fortify that stat.

doing the smae with skillz is harder. you have to do the threads of the webspinner quests...

I'm afraid that my character would own you all.
    I wish morrowind had a 2-player combat mode.

JAy

14. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I've gotten readdicted to this seeing as I'm supposed to be doing revision, and I've decided to do the Pilgramage this time, so, question; I've gotten the "Grace of Daring" for completing the second pilgramage, and... well... I can't stop flying, It is possible to stop flying, is'nt it? :p

15. alne6gri0wa

Mar 8, 2005
    no, you have to wait 12 hours for it to wear off, it's annoying, because you cant sleep. you can take the silt strider/boat around and that'll cause it to wear out quicker.

JAy

16. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Ah the Shrine of Stop the Moon, one of my favorite places in Morrowind, seeing as how travel was so annoyingly, frustratingly, teeth grindingly, hair pullingly LONG. Unless you can fly.

But yes, after 12 hours it wears off. I suggest you use those 12 hours well and when they near completion you don't wanna be 6 million miles in the air.

Hey, I know there is a way to mod this game, since the program to do so comes with the game...but are there any really good mods for the game out?

17. Darth_Devilkin

Darth_Devilkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2003
    Currently playing a Level 40 Wood Elf Thief. Can't wait for Oblivion, only reason I'm buying a new PC.

18. alne6gri0wa

Mar 8, 2005
    there are some official mods at www.theelderscrolls.com, there are also links there to unofficial mod databases.

Devilkin, I'm playing as a level 77 breton mage. dont ask my stats, you dont want to know.

JAy

19. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Morrowind separates the men from the boys. One of the greatest RPGs of all time. But it is hardcore, and it takes a loooong time to get anywhere. Having said that, when you get up to the higher levels, you're practically a walking god.

Make sure you get the Game Of The Year Edition. It's only $19.99, and you get at least two hundred hours of gameplay, easy.

Hola, Connemara!

20. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Hey! I dunno, what bothered me about Morrowind was it's repetitiveness. Here are all these villages and hundreds of sidequests, but after playing them for several hours, they all kind of end up feeling the same. And I hate hate hate the character artwork. Uggh. I like my wood elves to look sexy!

21. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    What -- you're saying Galbedir, of all people, wasn't seXxy enough for you?

Spiteful trollop that she was...glad I ransacked her desk at the Balmora Mages' Guild.

22. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I'll post up some of the better graphical improvement mods later, if I can remember where to find them all.

23. Jedi_Learner

Jul 10, 2002
    Does anyone know how to remove Quests from your Journal? I have several that I have completed, like the Barbarian quest near Caldera where you have to get his CloudCleaver axe back but the quest hasn't been removed when I know it has been resolved. I killed them both and took the axe for myself!

24. alne6gri0wa

Mar 8, 2005
    your jouranl is permanent, its the way the game tells what you have and have not done. most significant happenings are triggered.

here is a mod database.

and here are the official mods.

JAy

25. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Galbedir is a real bitch, and you know what the true aggravating joke is? You steal that stuff from her desk, then you discover you can't DO anything with it because no one has 60,000 spare whatever they use for money around to buy the stuff with! And even more annoying is the creeper, the only guy that you can manipulate into giving you a decent price on your uber expensive stuff, doesn't accept soul gems!!

But yeah, I think the game had a tremendous amount of potential that went unfullfilled. Granted as it is it much have been a huge undertaking, but wouldn't it have been so cool if there had been ore depth to the side quests and the characters, more nuances to the main quest? More towns that weren't exactly identical to all the other towns?? I think it was while playing Morrowind that I realized I would love to be a game designer...because there is just so much there I could build on make better.

Mods are great though. Maybe I'll check some of those out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.