Morrowind Chronicles: An Introduction To Morrowind And A Collection Of Your Lore and characters.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Rabid_Balding_Ewok, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    so i finally hauled this bad-boy out of mothballs in the last two nights. i've spent many listless hours drinking coors light in my attic and chopping away at morrowind, and now, finally i'm getting somewhere. i started out using a dark elf then i tried that for awhile, the knight class seemed good but didn't give me all that i wanted. then i made up a wood elf and got into custom classes so that i could long-blade it and have the marksman skill. this worked out for me much better. i like all of the options and things that you can get into. and after i started a few characters that i didn't particularly like i was at least familiar enough with the game's mechanics to make a character that i did. so last night i finally got to balmora and met my connections, i joined the thieves guild and the fighters guild and now i'm supposed to go kill some lady's rats. yipeeeee! no, i'm still excited about even that, all kills are leveling-up potential.

although i think morrowind could be more, it really is a lot and very satisfying in this, the age of dwindling RPGs. i think that it was deffinately worth the $20 i dropped on it last summer.
  2. Dart-Dragon Jedi Knight

star 3

The game has a lot of potential because of the
    Construction Set...I can get all the best weapons of this game sent right to my doorstep in the game!:D
    I yust put the Puzzle Box inside a created NPC and killed him!

To get god like strength: DO NOT CURE CORPRUS DISEASE!
    4 every day that goes by you`re Strenght increases by 1...
    My Character`s strenght is 700! My class is custom class: god!
    WARNING: Personality,Inteligence,Willpower and Speed DECREASES BY 1 for every day!...No problem since you can restore them or increase them by using Cheats...

QUESTION: How do I open the door to enter Dagot Ur?
  3. Ben-Starweilder Jedi Knight

star 1
    so here's the deal; i've started this game over about 2 or three times now just trying to get a character that i can really relate to. first i made a dark elf that was a knight, then i made a custom wood elf that could swordfight and use a bow (marksmanship), and now finally i've made another dark elf custom thats got swordsman skills and some magic i.e. destruction. i think my biggest problem is that i see what i've made up for myself and then i think i did it wrong, i'm just not happy with my skills. and as you all know, girls only want a guy that's got some really good skills. so what i'm thinking is making the top five longsword, heavy armour, destruction, athletics, and sneak. then the minor skills would be; mysticism, alteration, alchemy, acrobatics, and something else. is enchantment really worth it? i've been thinking about enchantment. first i thought restoration was where it's at, but then i realized that most everything you can do with restoration can be handled quite easily with potions and alchemy.

another question i had was about the high elves. when you pick them it says that they've got various weaknesses to different kinds of magica. does this mean that they are weak to it, or that they have the ability to weaken others?

also, my wood elf had a hell of a better personality than the dark elf, but all of the dark elf's other abilities seem to dwarf this small lack. (aside from sneaking) is this that important?
  4. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    it's a shame that i didn't start playing this game 2 or 3 years ago when everybody wanted to talk about it. i was hit by teh slowness.

of course two or three years ago i didn't even have an x box, nor did i post up. i guess i'm the big sucker here.
  5. Dart-Dragon Jedi Knight

star 3

3 morrons talking about a dead game (Self included)

Some ANSWERS: If you can`t cast it,it`s a weakness!
    Enchantment is really good if you want 2
    enchant you`re weapons and arms with resistance and
    elemental+poison damage...And other enchantments like summon
    a Golden Saint and what not...WITHOUT PAYING. It`s allways
    good 2 have a good healing spell 4 emergencys.

I`ve yust used cheats to my great advantage...Soo good 2 go
    on a rampage and KILL EVERYONE!...Then reloade.

QUESTION: AS THE BRAIN DEAD FOOL THAT I AM,I STILL CAN`T
    FIGURE OUT HOW 2 UNLOCK THE DOOR-MECANHISM 4
    DAGOTH-UR...Any tips,hints or an answer would be
    great...
  6. macevspalpy113 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Look to the left of the door for a crank like the one you used to get into the Dwemer place in the early missions.
  7. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    yes, good... now, about all those other questions up there. (especially the one about the high-elves)

also, what are the enhanced features found in the game of the year version, and can you just pop that disc in the x-box and use your same old character?
  8. Dart-Dragon Jedi Knight

star 3

AXLE:...Huh? I thought I answered the weakness Q
    Were my answers incorrect? If so I apologise.
    You get Bloodmoon and Tribunal free with GOTY version...
    I don`t have the old version,but they fixed some bugs and
    glitches...And I think you could not see you`re opponents
    health in the old one,you can in new...Did that help?

CONTAINS SPOILERS...AND QUESTIONS

WOOHOOO!!! FINALY OPENED UP THAT S*N-*FF-A-*ITCH!!!
    THANKS MAN!...The ending was O.K...But...IS THAT ALL
    THE CHARACTER GETTS!? One ring...Worth 3,000...You could
    get an item worth 60,000 in the very beginning of the game
    without sweating it!...No real respect frome the "gods"...
    No contribution or celebration...Not much has changed...
    Sigh...A bit dissapointing.

I think you can yust pop in the newer version without any
    problem...But I don`t know.
    I bought the newer version and I can`t play Bloodmoon
    because:

8 is max in TRUNK_WEAT_ID (using 10)
    TRUNKATED TO "[ ]"
    Continue? Yes No (Yes)
    NONE OF THE CLIMATES IN Bloodmoon = 100%
    (Wich means I cant play it...For these reasons that
    I cant even understand...WHAT DO I NEED 2 DO HERE?

I have no idea what that means but I can`t play the
    Bloodmoon expansion because of it...I`m missing
    out on a lot of extra stuff like bears and snow...
    THIS GAME IS NOT VERY USER FRIENDLY...
    It Stops,slows down,saves can get corrupted,errors occur.
    It annoys me but not as much as the complisity of the
    construction set.(Yes,I know how to decrease the slow-down
    and stop...I`ve already done all that...I think.But still
    happen at times.)
  9. Sapphron Jedi Padawan

The error your describing happens when you install Bloodmoon , and then Tribunal with the GotY edition. Just Install Tribunal, then Bloodmoon, and it should work.
  10. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    well, i guess you sort of answered my question. but you didn't at the same time. i realize that if you cannot cast it that it must be a weakness. but i don't know if you can cast it or not because it's just part of a list.
  11. Dart-Dragon Jedi Knight

star 3

SAPPHARON: BUT I YUST FINISHD DA GAME!!!
    Uninstal,then reinstal...My missions
    That I did in Tribunal will probably
    corrupt my game...Well I half-ass
    finishd the game so...Thanks.

AXLE:
    I think at the beginning (can`t remember)
    That you can see all theire weakneses and strengths
    ...Try infusing a weapon with it...If you can`t
    then it has 2 be a weakness!

I`ve moven on 2 Guild Wars,so I figure this 2 be my last
    post here...

THANKS 4 ALL THE HELP THAT HAS BEEN GIVEN ME!
    BYE,AND GOOD LUCK WITH DA GAME!
  12. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    there goes the only man that posts in this thread. besides me.

farewell, old friend.
  13. Vezner Force Ghost

star 5
    I actually started playing this game a couple months ago but have since uninstalled it. It's just too dated for me to get into. I'm really looking forward to Oblivion though. :)
  14. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    dated!?!?! aw c'mon man! it's still a solid game. you could get into it, get yerself a strong wood elf, steal from the rich, kill a few orcs.

oh, does anybody know what the weakness of those grey spindly tounge-flickin' guys is? one of those dudes about kicked my ass the other day when i was playing. i used all my spells and enchanted weapons and it said that he was resistant to all of the spells?!?!

also, is there a level cap in this game, or is there nowhere to go but up?
  15. Sapphron Jedi Padawan

Could you describe that monster in greater detail? I do play the game a lot, but I can't really tell what that is from the description you gave me.

There is no level cap perse, but at around level 70, all of your major stats max out, so you can't level up regularly. You can however, get arrested and go to jail, since your major stats will lower, and you can raise them up again, to gain more levels. You can do this as many times as you want.

If you want to talk about the game, there are still many bustling forums, like Morrowind Summit, that you can post at if no one posts in this thread.
  16. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    wow, thanks a lot dude.

um, the monster i'm refferencing particularly is a greyish spindly little guy, well, he really is rather tall but he's just hunched over. he appears on one of the loading screnes and has a puckered up mouth as if to whistle. he uses several forms of magic and is nigh undefeatable. i ran into it when i was exploring those ruins next to that harbor town on the western cost. it's got those two orcs in it. rather amazing really.
  17. Sapphron Jedi Padawan

Oh, those are called Hungers. I know you probably mentioned this earlier back, but what level is your character? Hungers are actually pretty weak, but they are resistant to shock, poison, frost, and fire, so the best bet you have is to use a damage health spell on them.
  18. TC-47 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hungers are stupid but fast. I hate them. Die Hungers.
  19. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    just a generic "damage" spell? where would a man encounter a spell of that kind? i've been looking for something like it.

hey, would a silver blade work or am i just dreaming?
  20. Sapphron Jedi Padawan

They usually sell a damage health spell at any Mages Guild, but for a specific location, Orrent Geontene in the Ald-ruhn Mages Guild sells "Black Hand," and that does damage health. If you're any good with alteration, you should get absorb health instead (I believe that spell is an alteration one), since it damages the enemy's health and replenishes your health.

And, you can damage Hungers with a silver sword (silver, ebony, glass, daedric, and maybe adamantium [I'm not too sure on that one] weapons can all damage daedra and undead), if you're any good at wielding a sword.
  21. TC-47 Jedi Knight

star 2
    adamantium works on Deadra and undead
  22. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    so i killed my first daedra last night, man that guy was no picnic. and then i killed a golden saint without even knowing he was a golden saint!!! i saved before that and re-started though so that i can soul-trap him. i understand a golden saint in a soul gem is a rare and splendid thing indeed.
  23. TC-47 Jedi Knight

star 2
    A golden saint in a soul gem can be used for constant effects. That and Sleepers are the best to soul trap. Just for the record Golden Saints are females.
  24. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    i gotcha. and so, you must of course have magical knowledge of the desired effect to use it.

i thought they looked a tad feminine.

also, i've just recently discovered that the usage of telekenisis in conjunction with sneakery makes for the gaining of some fine riches.
  25. TC-47 Jedi Knight

star 2
    How so? I always wondered what Telekenisis was used for. You can use constant effect to constantly restore health or fatuige, I have a health amulet and it is my most closely guarded posesion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.