Morrowind Chronicles: An Introduction To Morrowind And A Collection Of Your Lore and characters.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Rabid_Balding_Ewok, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    well with telekenisis you can touch and manipulate stuff from across the room. therefore, in shops you can hide in a corner where the people cannot see you and steal right in front of them. many times a guard will be standing in front of the display and you can't just walk up to the stuff you wanna take without being invisible. telekenisis makes this all possible, with no invisibility necessairy.

and i'm looking to make a good magical enhancement out of a ring or an amulet. it's a shame that your abilities max out at 100.
  2. TC-47 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thankyou I'll try it, I've only ever got my shortsword and my acrobatics maxed out. Where are you in the main story-line, I've completed it a few times but right now I'm trying to Join the Houses.
  3. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    well, i'll assume that to be in with the main storyline is to be doing the bidding of caius cassades. in which case he's just given me my instructions ot meet with people in vivec. i have yet to go there. but i'm at about level 25 and my longblade skill is at 92.

i'm wondering, when you're leveling up things in your miscelanious (spelling) skills department, the experience you gain in usage of them is just as good as your primary skills, but it just won't increase your level, yes?

i probably didn't ask that very well, but i think i get the idea. you can pretty much max yourself out in every attribute in the game but you can only gain levels for the advancement of your 10 primary ones.

is that right?
  4. TC-47 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thats right, I think you should get half a point towards your level or something like that every time you increase a miscellaneous skill but you don't. By the way once you get past the Vivec part of the storyline you get to the raelly good bits!;)

(Had to check google for spelling[face_laugh])
  5. macevspalpy113 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Major skill: major level exp. increase

Minor skill: minor level exp. increase

Miscellaneous skill: no level exp. increase
  6. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    right, but getting better at misc. skills still makes you better at them? just as much as you would if they were your primary skills.
  7. Darth_FattyAss Jedi Master

star 1
    I'll post this here because it seems that the Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion thread has disappeared....It was announced yesterday that Oblvion will be moved back to February 2006 rather than be a launch title. the article can be read here http://www.gamespot.com/news/index.html
  8. TC-47 Jedi Knight

star 2
    No, I don't think they go up as quickly.
    Speed of increase goes in this order;
    Major
    Minor
    and finally miscellaneous.

But you still get better at your skills, whatever type they are.
  9. Sapphron Jedi Padawan

Not quite; it actually goes like this:

When you level up ten major or minor skills, your level will increase. If you leveled long blade ten times, and it was one of your major or minor skills, you will get a 5X multiplier to your Strength when you level up. That means that you can increase Strength by five instead of one at that level up. If you only leveled up long blade five times, but then leveled up acrobatics five times, and it was only a misc. skill, your Strength multiplier for your next level up will be 5X, and you will be able to level up five more major or minor skills before you have to level up.
  10. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    oh sweet! i was wondering why i got that fattie intelligence bonus when i got all that magic training.
    this is good news.

now let me ask one final question regarding misc. vs. major/minor skills; if i had a lv. 50 illusion as a misc. skill and lv.50 enchantment as a minor skill would my ability to be proficient in them both be equal?
  11. TC-47 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think so... Sapphron?
  12. Sapphron Jedi Padawan

No. I do believe Illusion is dependant on Personality, while Enchant is dependant on Intelligence, however, if your Alchemy and Enchant were both 50, you'd be equally proficient in both of them (sort of; they aren't really the same skill). Just remember that Luck plays a role in every random die roll (such as enchanting an item, or creating a potion), so I'd recommend you put a point into Luck at each level up, so by the time you reach level 60, you'll be maxed out in Luck (since it has no multipliers). Also, make sure your fatigue is full before attemping die rolls, since it increases the chance drastically.
  13. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    i see, it only gets more complicated. very well then, i do wish to announce that i finally got the sneak exp. trick to start working for me and it's simply un-believable. knowing that increasing certain skills leads to bonuses for the leveling-up of other attributes changes everything. many things about playing this game lead to me wanting to start all over again to start a "perfect" character. that in itself is rather inspiring, yet i think i'll stick with nicodemus the dark elf for awhile. he's a genuine prodigy.

at any rate, i believe at level 35 i'm ready to begin assualting the main plotline and looking forward. i've decided that i'll need to make some intelligence modifying artifact with enchant, but i've started to have some questions about spellmaking.

i tried to make an ultimate "open" spell but found myself unable. i wanted it to have a 100 proficiency but i was unable to craft it. do some of my attributes need to be higher to create such a thing, or am i just doing it wrong?
  14. TC-47 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I suggest you try to make an amulet. I used a ruby one, it had the capacity to open 100 points 3 times and only cost about 20K.
  15. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    only 20K!?!?!?!? holy crap! i think i'll just work out my enchant skill on my own. that's ridiculous, though i don't have the potential for such grand enchantments yet (as i discovered yesterday) i greatly appreciate the ability to do for one self in this game. anything that you can't afford or can't steal, you can make, i really appreciate that about this.

16. TC-47 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Do traders replenish their goods?
  17. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    sometimes they do, or at least i think they do. but i really ripped off that wood elf in the top floor of the mages guild, she's never gotten her stuff back.

i was wondering if you could pickpocket the goods off a trader that doesnt have all their stuff displayed in the stoor?
  18. TC-47 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I have tried this a few times, and depending on your luck there is a different percentage of items on the trader. So sometimes you will get it all and others you will get nothing.
  19. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    ah luck, such a tricky attribute.

so i've gotten myself to level 41 now and still havn't even begun to go to vivec for caius. i almost named my cat caius but it would have been spelled kyus, or something like that.

but what i really want to know is where the mudcrab merchant is, and how to get that creeper trick to work. it's explained earlier in this thread and even gone into with some detail, but the math doesnt make sense to me. apparently if you can get this trick down you could have unlimited monies for training and enchantments. but i just can't figure out how to make it work.
  20. Sapphron Jedi Padawan

Here's how you do it:

Creeper only has 5000 gold. Go to him with a bunch of relatively cheap items (like dwemer, a few hundred a pop, but not as expensive as ebony, or glass), and sell him 5000 worth. Then, rest for 24 hours (after which his inventory will replenish), and keep selling him 5000 worth of things (maybe some orcish armor), and do this a couple of times. Then, lets say you want to sell him your ebony longsword for 40000. Of course, he can't afford it, but what you do is, put the item on the selling list (don't complete the transaction yet), and then click to buy back all of the stuff you sold, so that when you've bought back enough, you're still selling the longsword, but only for around 5000. Then, rest a day, and proceed to sell back the stuff you bought. After a few days, you'll have gained the gold the expensive item cost in the first place.

Are you sure you want to know where the mudcrab is? Half of the fun is in looking for these obscure characters.
  21. TC-47 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Use this page to find mudcrab; http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/travelguide/mudcrabdir.jpg

This was the best page I could find.
  22. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    all right, i'll look harder for the mudcrab, but thanks anyway tc.
    theoretically, if this creeper trick works, then i'll never need the mudcrab anyway. i think i understand the concept better now, i am just still a little fuzzy. i'll do some experimenting with it later tonight.

i finally talked a guy into attacking me in balmora yesterday, then i killed him. i now live in his house. it's a nice place just down the way from caius' house. it's even got a trapdoor on the roof and a hatch and everything. also, a double bed... if you know what i mean.

i just wonder if i'll wish that guy was alive later. he was some lousy assasin for the morog tong, so i figure i did the world a favor, or at least the island of vvradndefel... you know.

just thought i'd share. so, what sort of characters are you guys workin' with these days anyhow?
  23. TC-47 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I have a dark elf, he lives in a manor near the alchemist in Balmora. I only had to kill one weak woman to get hold of this house. It has 2 bedrooms, one has a double bed and one a single. It has three stories and a dead body that can't be removed... But it has unlimited storage capacity so why bother?

If you want to make a lot of money buy several items from an alchemist. eg. Large kwama eggs and saltrice. And finish the converation, then go back and sell them the items you bought. This will increase the number of items of that type, they have. then get making potions: It increases your alchemy quickly and you can (depending on your alchemy) get 10 times your money back by selling them to creeper.

I made about 5k with 30 potions.
  24. Sapphron Jedi Padawan

My character is a Redguard Cavalier (I made him extra tall with the construction set, so I get to look down on everyone) named Alusan, and he specializes in Long Blade, Blunt Weapon, Heavy and Medium armors, as well as Restoration and Alchemy, and Athletics and Acrobatics. Here he is near the beginning of my game, speaking with Fargoth about his missing ring, and here is his first look at Balmora (my game is heavily modded, so most of my stuff looks different). Here is a statue of Vivec in Balmora (I added statues of him, along with Tribunal shrines to the center's of all cities with Temples in them), and here is a statue of Almalexia.

The following are all pictures of his visit to Vivec for Caius Cosades:

He also joined the Temple early on, so here he is visiting Gnisis to complete the Pilgrimages of the Seven Graces. He had to visit the Ash Mask of Vivec in the Gnisis temple, and while he was there, he joined the Legion, and did some of their missions (in this shot, he is wielding a silver saber, that is from a mod; this shot really reminds me of the cave screenshots I've seen of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion). Here, he's getting orders from General Darius (you can really see the height difference in that picture).

He also had to visit the Urshilaku Camp for Cauis, and here he is getting ready to go out in an ash storm. Once he progressed further into the main quest, he had to go to Tel Fyr, and here he is sprinting across water to get there. This is the tomb of Ibar-Dad near the Urshilaku Camp.

I thought these were a really nice set of Daedric ruins, so I also took a shot of them. I also saw this dwelling, and Alusan has taken up residence in it from time to time. Alusan was in a pitched battle with Dagoth Uthol in Kogoruhn for the Cauis.

This is a shack in Dagon Fel Alusan has purchased (I prefer to buy all of my houses, since it's more realistic; this function comes from mods), and view from the back porch is amazing. This is an Ashlander camp I stumbled upon while doing a quest for the Legion.

This is the shrine of Dagon Fel, where Alusan received a quest. [link=http://img323.i
  25. TC-47 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Nice mods. I have an xbox so I can't get any. :_|
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.