main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Morrowind Chronicles: An Introduction To Morrowind And A Collection Of Your Lore and characters.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Rabid_Balding_Ewok, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    wow, that's pretty sweet. i now plan to deffinately get the next morrowind for the computer rather than a new x-box. though i do like the game engine on that bad-boy. the controlers are pretty sharp too.

2. TC-47

TC-47 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2005
    There are a few advantages to having an xbox; no as many glitches, more user frendly gamepads, no installation...

By the way I have maxed out my intellegence and alchemy.;)

3. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    sweet, i maxed out my longblade the other night. it was cool but now i'm kinda bummed because now i can't improve it. i think i'll start the killings soon so that i can go to jail and need to work on my stats again.

4. TC-47

Oct 29, 2005
    I can sell 19 water walking potions for 5017 drakes. Why would I want to go to jail?[face_dancing]

5. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    i should get back into my alchemy racket now that i have my laboratory.

6. TC-47

Oct 29, 2005
    laboratory ?

7. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    well, i mean the house i purloined. see, part of the deal that got to me about being an alchemist is all the crap that you have to carry around with you. the alembic i had weighed twenty pounds, or points or whatever they call it. i later found out that the higher quality of items you buy, the less they weigh, but still, it seemed silly to lug around such useless equipment (not really useless) if i wasnt going to use it. but now, i can keep all of my alchemists tools in the same place and do my work there.

huzzah!

8. TC-47

Oct 29, 2005
    Yes, I often find that I cannot carry as much as I want due to alchemy equiptment. I may try it...

9. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Is there anyone here who has actually beat the game?

10. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Done so once, using my (then-) Level 52 Altmer Spellsword character, exquisitely noble and unimpeachably honest...since went on to explore the Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansions, then started up an entirely new custom-class bastard Khajiit assassin. Been so preoccupied with running all the juicy Morag Tong guild stuff I never broke character to do the last time around, ain't gotten around to doing more than a couple quests for Caius.

In the close to three years I've been playing this game, don't think I've ever fully used more than...three different characters, total. Knight-type, wizard, and assassin/thief. The game's simply too deep and versatile -- offering you utterly divergent lifestyle options -- to not try totally different stuff each time around and develop each one to the fullest.

Life is good, being an ********.

Is that the house next to the Fine Clothier's shoppe, near the Hlaalo Manor? Been thinking about robber-baron-grabbing another domicile in which to stash my ever-burgeoning bootyswag plunderage. A warehouse, preferably. Also, you can jack up your Mercantile skills further by doing that Alchemy-resale trick; by increasing the number of related items a merchant sells and then paradoxically talking him/her into buying back in bulk, you'll gain quick.

I would find it very hard to avoid Speechcraft and Merchantile when designing starting-characters, as poor relationships and being broke really limit the game. There are a lot of options you never get if people dislike you. All my characters use them quite a bit, despite the ********-ishness of some. Avoiding "Armorer" would be a pain in the tush, too, unless one went the "bound-weapon" route.

For Mercantile, try selling off crappy stuff (like Saltrice, which you find by the ton) one item at a time: it's worth one gold, and you get one gold. Every time you make a successful transaction, the merchant's attitude toward you increases, as long as you don't say "Goodbye." Just keeping going back into barter, and selling him items that are worth 1 drake.

When his attitude is high enough, you can get better increases on prices for stuff you're selling that's actually worth something (or discounts for the stuff you're buying). Start small -- about 10%. Even if the merchant turns down your offer at first, he'll usually accept it if you're persistent and keep hitting "Offer." Wacky.

11. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    what exactly is the purpose of the "bound weapon/armor/shoes" spells anyway?

12. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    They give you good items for free, for a little while. Useful at lower levels, but when you start to find good stuff, those spells arent as useful. Unless you can make a better weapon through spell making... i never tried that

13. TC-47

Oct 29, 2005
    No, I live in Hlaalo Manor. It's where you see the body on the ground.

14. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I always take up residence in Nerano Manor in Balmorra. There is a mission for the thievs guild in Balmorra where you have to get the key of the manor so I just kill that guy everytime I start a new character.

Lord-D I have never beat the game in over three years. I have had like 6 char, and I always do the guild quest and freeform quest.

There is so much to do you never get bored.

15. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Amen. Matter of fact, recently took over that residence me self, after the previous owner...accidentally slipped in the bathtub. Quick question for y'all, though:

Was doing some Morag Tong wetwork a couple weeks or so back (this was a mission given to me in, I believe, Vivec, in the Arena Storage area -- the one with the Statue of Mephala), when I was assigned to take out one Balyn Omavel in Balmora, by breaking into his home and leaving five Bittergreen Petals in his soup-cauldron.

So, I head back to Balmora on the way from taking care of a few other things, and manage to slip into his house via an overhead hatch, thereby poisoning his gruel. Trouble is, though, I think I might've been seen by him as I was leaving (fell off the roof in a bad way), despite the game giving me a journal-message to the effect that Balyn "should" shortly be sampling his newfound gastronomic delights.

Since then, I've let it pass for several game-days, but nothing more doing on the journal-update front. Thus...I'm consideing simply taking him out the old fashioned way, but not sure if this'll net me the same level of reward that the poisoning would yield (and I *want* that Khajiit Ring, dammit).

Anyone got any wisdom to impart on this one to a Murderous Young Grasshopper?

Ah, gotcha. Where the maid's cowering in the locked upstairs bedroom, and poor Nine-Toes was framed for the murder.

16. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Can't help ya with that one. I still have yet to do the Mora Tong quest.

This is just amazing to me that 3 yrs later people are talking about and playing this game and still finding and learning new stuff.

I think that says a HELL of alot. I eagerly await Oblivion!

17. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Er...turns out that running the guy through on a bridge in plain public sight wasn't the greatest idea ever conceived by mankind after all. Playing it cautious, I saved my game in an alternate slot, went up, picked a fight, and did him right there (having recently upped my Speechcraft significantly enough to goad him as far as I did).

Headed back to Vivec, made my way downdowndown to the guild headquarters beneath the Arena, only to find the guy I accepted the assignment from massively chuffed that I did the job "in a manner contrary to the prescribed fashion."

I then proceeded to stuff the petals up his ass.

So now, having restored that last saved game, I'm simply waiting for Balyn to sit down for a nosh the old-fashioned way. F ***.

18. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    It turns out all is well in the land once more, my little donkey-poos. As it happened, I reverted to my *old* save-game state, prior to me killing the guy with force majeure.

Having poisoned the pudding, on a whim I went back to the Vivec guild and spoke to the same bloke I receieved the poison-mission from (the petals-stuffed-up-the-ass-guy), and come to find out, the Balmora guy DIED after I left town. Spoke to the Shrine of Mephala, and scored that sweet-ass invisibility ring, which I've used already on at least one assignment since then.

Even broke back into the guy's house, and found his corpse on the floor, lying right in front of the cooking-pot. [face_mischief]

No "special message"-waiting period needed. Go me.

19. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I love those Daedric god missions.

They leave you with good stuff once you are done. The sword Goldbrand is absoulty exquiste.

20. Dart-Dragon

Dart-Dragon Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2005

LETO:...place a recal in in fronth of that Mission giver
    So that ya save some time going back and fort...
    ya need to track down some far off mongrels on da
    next missions.

I leave and this place actually starts up again...
    [face_thinking][face_frustrated]:mad: [face_skull]!

I BOTHERED 2 WRIGHT...PLEASE BOTHER 2 READ.

I finishd the game...Using cheats and Construction Set...
    CHEATS MAKE YOU A "GOD"! use construction set 2 make people
    treat you as a god...I don`t know how...2 complicated...
    I`m no good with PCs.

A well...I`ve uninstalled my game...I can always max everything up again within 5 minutes using cheats...
    why only 100? 250 sounds better!
    I can get infinit money!
    Spice up my mansions with the Construction Set!
    create guards and servants!

My favorit place is the home of the Evil wizard in
    God`s reach (Tribunal) The place is PERFECT! I can even
    buy some Pack rats to guard the place!
    Chest in fronth of bed surounded by MILLIONS OF GOLD!
    Diamonds,Rubys,Etc! 2Rats at fronth of bed by chest.
    lighted torches on every 4 corners of bed,with servant`s
    skull on top! Lighted torches(or mop and fishing pole)
    placed on the middle of the bed 2 create a "Strip pole"
    surrounded by TONS of Moon Sugar...On shelf is my
    Collection of Grand Master Tools 2 create new Liquers!
    Underneat that is my collection of Dweamer artifacts and some rare items and weapons...Candles 4 lighting.
    Food of every kind at the fronth of bed.
    On the chest(in fronth of bed) 3 servant`s skulls
    with grand soulgem on top...
    (inside soulgems Saints and twilights)
    On cupbord,jewels and rings of every kind and infused!
    In dresser,my collection of Legendary weapons and Armor!
    in chest,Books of my choosing.
    Everything well lighted by torches!
    (That was only the main bedrom!)
    Down stairs i got a fine collection of Her Hand`s armor
    and other hard 2 get armor placed on and around chairs
    as trophys...I love that place...
    All kinds of rare wines and liqoures at fronth of bed...
    Should have gotten a wine holder with da Construction Set
    and get rent the warrior dude 2 guard the entrance of
    my great home as a "Bouncer"
    (I think that`s what theire called)
    ...It`s all gone now,but I can recreate it some time.

PLEASE TELL ME:

(1)What do you mean by constant affect!?
    I`ve captured tons of Golden Saints!
    Both my Summoned ones and natural ones...
    BUT I DON`T GET CONSTANT AFFECT ON ANYTHING!

(2)How do I stop my created NPCs frome auto creating self duplicates? I hate it when that happens! I allways got 2 kill the duplicates because they take up 2 much room,
    and seeing an army of unwanted NPCs...Well how do I fix
    this problem?

WARNING!

If ya do the Fighter Guild quests...DO NOT take orders frome da red head at Balmora or da Guild MASTER!
    they want you 2 kill thif guild members...
    If ya do you will not be abel 2 join da thives guild!
    ...YUST KILL GUILD MASTER AND CLAIM DA ROLE AS MASTER!
    ...after doing some Fighter Guild quests...

SIGH...If only I was smart enough 2 figure out how 2 make
    my created NPCs say and do what I want...I could create some great quests and such that way...Great game...
    I`ve seen some fotage of Oblivion...Amazing! anyone know
    when it comes out!?

HEY!:
    Ya all know about da "Robot Arena" in Godsreach?
    I did`nt complete the quests to see it in action...
    I was 2 busy with finishing the game...
    GREAT! SEE WHAT YA ALL HAVE DONE!? NOW I FEEL THE NEED
    2 START PLAYING THROUGH THE GAME AGAIN!...
    I was Master in everything ecsept Thives Guild...
    I saved my progress on 3 different slots AFTER killing thives guild members...DA RED HEAD SCREWED ME OVER ON THAT ONE! Hahaha...I`m in a good mood thanks!

THANKS 4 READING

21. Dart-Dragon

Aug 6, 2005

EXTRA!

Nine-Toes does not need 2 be framed!
    DA real MURDERER is in the bar place in fronth of the
    Silt Strider! In Balmora...He`s right inside! first person ya see! Talk 2 him about murder,then provoke him into attacking you...KILL HIM! the evidence? He has the Dweamer
    ax used 2 kill the Noble! talk to the Maid then
    (if you want) join the House in Balmora!
    I went HOUSE TELVANI!...Big Mushroom Castle,with small
    dungon...Guarded by dweamer war machines!
    I felt House Telvani was were the TRUE power was...
    I was also Master of the Mages Guild before joining so
    it felt like the best choise...Making me the most powerful
    magichian/Arch Sage In the game...
    I killed Viveec,the old Corprus freak,"devil"...HEHEHE...
    I killed the "Devil" with 1 blow of my
    Dramoric Dai-Katana! Hearth of Lorkan spared 4 my Pesonal use! I can`t use it and the game does not progress without me destroying the heart before I Kill "Devil"...Sad,but
    why should I care!? This makes me the one TRUE God!
    I had 3 saves. I had 1 were I was youst about 2 talk 2
    "Devil". 1 were I killed "Devil" but not the heart.
    And the last one...destroyed heart and "Devil" compleating the game!

Killing him with one blow felt GREAT!
    (I used cheats 2 make myself more powerful than ANY god!)
    (I only did this at the end of the game before the fight)
    (Before I yust used God Mode...Invinsability with no )
    (MP cost at all! Fly 4 ever!...I also used cheats 2 make)
    (Me faster than da wind! ZOOMING through the country )
    (and jumping or runing up mountains...2 steep? fly! )
    (NOTHINGS 2 HEAVY USING CHEATS! I could carry over )
    (5,000! And Still jump frome building 2 building! )
    (Viveec District jumps were best! Will I make it? )
    (Depends on how much I`m carrying! )

Try using cheats some time...NOT ON MAIN CHARACTER,but
    on a NEW character when you`re bored. Or an extra save 4 cheats...ONLY USE WHEN BORED! You could EASILY stop progressing and start only using cheats! DESTROYING you`re
    gaming experiance! there was so much to do and see that I didn`t mind using cheats,I only used God Mode when I wanted 2 take a short cut ower a mountain or finding my obejectives and getting 2 towns...Of course against though bosses and monsters 2!

BIG TIP!!!!

The weapon that can take the most enchantments is the
    Dweamer staff! (If I recall correctly)
    enchant it with:
    FIRE WEAKNESS!
    POISON WEAKNESS!
    LIGHTNING WEAKNESS!
    POISON DAMAGE!
    FIRE DAMAGE!
    LIGHTNING DAMAGE!
    I think you could also put in Ice as well...

IMPORTANT!
    set all to 0-1 before adding a new enchantment!
    or else you will get LOWER power and enchantment points!
    Before using it,place it in the magick attack window and
    shoot/hit you`re opponent with magick attack command.

22. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Can I use those cheat codes on the BOX version?

If so what is the code?

23. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    i killed baylyn of balmora because i liked his house. i talked him into attacking me and slit his throat right there in the middle of town.

his place is great, it's got good shelf space and a nice bed, and the trapdoor in the roof is a nice touch too. it makes me feel like a super-hero.

24. Dart-Dragon

Aug 6, 2005

XBOX? I don`t know I have PC.

It`s been a while...I think they were...

player->AddItem Gold_100 99999
    ToggleGodMode (TGM)
    player->SetStrength 50,000 (try without player->)
    SetReputation#

You type this and press Enter
    in a window...Forgot how 2 get it up (Window) Shift? F1?

If you really want 2 know 4 XBOX yust check the internet for em...

Cheats for Morrowind XBOX

2 ALL:
    ...I know i wrote a lot but please read everything I wrote and give respons

TO UNLOCK ANY CHEST OR DOOR!
    Open up the window click on locked door or chest and type:
    Unlock (Then Press Enter) or Unlocked

25. TC-47

Oct 29, 2005
    Hello, haven't posted for a while, PC on the blink. I have had great fun on Morrowind recently, I became a vampire. It's WICKED, there are some down-sides but hell, being able to slaughter anything in a few blows of your claws easily over shadows them. Anyway cool to see you all again, and good to see you back, posting in this forum, Dart Dragon.

By the way constant effect is achieved with a golden saint, you just have to click the box that says "Cast When Used" and it changes to "Constant Effect"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.