main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Morrowind Chronicles: An Introduction To Morrowind And A Collection Of Your Lore and characters.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Rabid_Balding_Ewok, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    Has anyone done that Alof The Easterner mission from Fighters Guild in Balmorra? I just can't find those orcs I'm supposed to kill. Alof said they're from Ashunartes northeast from Alof's place and just west of an old dunmer stronghold. I've searched all over the mountains but I just can't find them. I've probably just going circle around right place but if you could give any help I would be happy.

2. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    If you find Marandus (a lop-sided diamond- shaped complex), then Ashunartes is at about the eight thirty position from the west most tip of Marandus. To the north of Marandus there is a lake. The lake has a tip that points west towards a square shaped path in the road. You can follow the bottom branch of that road west, you will come to a southernly curve and then the road almost disappears. Find the road south again and it will turn twice to the east, leading you to an entrance. There are actually two entrances to the shrine. The second entrance is to the east before you take those two turns. I can't remember which one is closer to the main orc, but I think it's the higher entrance. The lower one has some loot, but also some nasty orc fights.

3. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    Thanks I'll try again if I could find it.

4. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I am starting to be able to whoop some ass! I am so happy now. I can't find where I am supposed to go to collect the Mage Guild dues for recruit the guy. There are nasty critters and dust storms slowing me down. It feels like I am just going in circles. Is there a more direct route I can take to get there?

5. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Okay, I'm not very good with fort names (I think it's Moonmoth), but if you leave Balmorra and head towards the closest fort, turn towards the left so that the fort is on your right. You should be headed towards Maar Gan (I think). This will lead you towards a long bridge with a wizard at the other end. He'll try to kill you. After that you should have an ancient dwarf building with a hand crank on your right. Follow the path, and whenever possible, try going north. You'll bend back south a lot. If you pass a bandit cave next to a trauma root, you still have a way to go but you are on your way. You will be closer when you come to a place where the road circles around a steam pit. Once you find one location (I forget which is first, I think it's the one that owes money), the other one is farther up the road. It's a long hike, and a long way from civilization. Hope that helps.

6. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    I just found the cave of the incarnate. I was searching forever in the ghost gate but it was just outside.

Creeper has no disposition and buys things at their face value. If he's offering less it's because the weapon or armour is damaged. Just fix it and it'll be full price again.

As for the dues, I finished the Mages Quest days ago (i'm the archmage :cool: ) and that particular mission several weeks ago. If it's the one I'm thinking of there's two places you have to go to, and the seconds just north of the first.

7. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    Ok now I found those orcs. Thanks for help TheWampas1138. They weren't very tough. Well I haven't met too many enemies that would survive more than one hit with daedric daikatana from behind.

What's most effective sword by the way? Should I enchant my daikatana or should I wait that I get better weapon?

8. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    I've been spreading around my quests, so I haven't risen too far in any of them. Right now I'm concentrating on House Hlaalu because they seem to be the easiest to get to. My problem with them is though that I stink at all the skills they want me to be good at, and mercantile takes forever to raise even though I have it as a minor skill and barter all the time. The morag tong ones always seem to involve one easy place paired with some guy living in the middle of nowhere. I also have a quest for the god Malog Bal (or something like that) to kill some wack job, but I haven't even started looking for the guy yet. I really wish in the journal you could hit another button to list current uncompleted quests... that would really help. I don't know if there is one in the PC version, but the X-box seems to lack it. And some quests I'm on are about thirty to fifty pages back.

9. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    I've yet to find a better weapon. It's a bug but you can have your shield "equipped" at the same time as a two handed weapon, you just can't use it for blocking. The advantage being that it can be there for a constant effect and for your overall armour rating.

I would most definetly enchant that puppy and with a golden saint, cause you'll need the soul points. Paralyze is a good one, as is absorb health. The only problem with any effect spell is that some people have reflect on them so occasionally you'll hit yourself with that effect

The journal is a problem in that respect but you can get a refresher from the guy sending you on the quest.

I just remembered, I have a theory that I want to try out. Okay, when you sell armour to some people they equip it. What if you drop a slaves amulet in their inventory while pickpocketing? Will you put it on them, making them your slave? I want to try that one out.

Another fun thing to do is when you have non-humaniod special character (ie ghosts) you can soul trap them for spite. In a particular mission a guy wants me to go to his fathers grave and retrieve his fathers bow. The problem is his father's ghost is still guarding it. So I trapped his fathers soul [face_devil] and took the bow. Too bad the bow was already enchanted cause I would have used his fathers soul to enchant the bow. At some point I think I'll use the soul to enchant a weapon, or some arrows, and attack him with it. That would be a trip, attack someone with their own fathers bow, with arrows holding his fathers soul. Now that's sour grapes. No point to it, just something to make you grin. It's those little things that make this game interesting.

10. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    Ok maybe I'll get enchantment to my daikatana. I just have small problem because I have two of them. I would sell one of them but there's nobody who has enough money. It's bit annoying that game is full of expensive items but there's not enough money in the game.

11. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    Do the creeper trick. Sell > 5000 items, wait 24 hours then sell approx 10,000 items and buy back the 5K in the same transaction. Then sell back the 5K item and wait 24 hours, and sell a 20K item buying back the 10K item and the 5K item. repeat up to the more expensive items. At one point I had nearly 400K. I've enchanted and trained my stash down to 50K. The money's there, it's just time consuming. I've still got over 1 million in unsold or items that I'm keeping cause it's too much work At this stage in the game I rarely pick up anything that's purely for money besides straight cash. I've left so many deadric weapons behind it's not funny.

12. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Thanks Wampas and Tenor! I got about halfway there this morning but all the monsters came out of nowhere and rode my ass.

Thanks for that creeper trick tenor I will try and repair the armor and see if it works!

13. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    If you're going to try and put a bracer on someone, don't forget to steal their gloves or bracers while you're at it. I don't know if your plan will work, but the first time I freed a slave, I kept the bracer just in case it came in handy. I'm apparently still doing crappy in the items department compared to other people. I have found a few nice items, like a daedra spear and some freaky mace, but nothing that uses long-blade and it's my only weapon skill. But I do have my boots that boost other people's jump because I screwed up enchanting. I think I'll sell them since I have the boots of speed. Makes swimming a lot easier.

14. Jedi Chikara

Jedi Chikara Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 1999
    Man, you guys kick ass in this game. I've done nothing compared to you guys. Any tips for a newb to the game?

15. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Steal alot!!

Question:I just got the mark spell. How many times can I use it? I haven't tried it yet until I get an answer.
    How many of you have your own houses? I have Nerano Manor to myself. I have put everything I have in that house. So I am wondering is that wise? Please tell me if someone can get or will get in that house and take all mystuff.

16. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    The general rule is, any house (or room) that's empty is a safe place to stash your stuff, but I'd keep it in one place, preferably in chests so it's easier to pick up when you want it. Make sure it has more than one chest because they can only hold so much weight. As for deadric items, just visit deadric shrines. For a newbie the guys are very hard, but after I got my deadric longsword, I was fearless, and have cleared almost all of them out. Once you're ready I'd recommend finding the shrine in the underworks of St. Olms, Vivec. One of the guys has a deadric longsword (which he'll use against you so you may have to be creative fighting them).

As for mark, it can only be used in one place but you only have to cast it once if you want to return to the same place over and over. When my strength was rather low and I was looking to build up my cash I marked in front of creeper so that whenever I was over-encumbered I could just recall to him and be ready to venture out again. You can also find some really good things at the Dren Plantation, but you have to be really good at sneak or have telekenisis to steal it right from under Dren's nose (and you can't kill Dren if you're playing the main quest). I got some deadric gauntlets and enchanted one with telekinisis (seemed to fit), 17 feet so now stealing anything's a breeze.

Edit: oh yeah, and if you run across a "steel blade of the heavens" do not sell it. It has proven invaluable to me for exploration or to remove the drudgery of getting around the cantons in Vivec. I keep 2 in my inventory at all times so one is recharging while using the other. I could enchant my exquisite pants with levitate, but then I'd have to take them off when I didn't want to float and that's annoying.

17. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    I found one daedric daikatana lying around in that Telvani mage's tower in Gnisis. That's easy to pick along.

I'm stuck again. Now I'm doing legion quests for commander of Fort Buckmoth. I need to find proof that one guy in Ald'ruhn (forgot his name) is smuggling some artifacts. I just can't find any proof. Only way I can continue legion quests is by killing that guy. But since commander is not happy with that solution it can't be only way. Can someone help me?

18. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    Look for a trap door, get his disposition up to 100 or ask around for pointers to where his stash is. There's usually 2 ways to complete any quest, and just a small hint; don't kill any of the house councilors if you want to complete the main quest.

19. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Okay guys I need some HELP!! Why can't I live in a dungone or a tomb. My character is at level 20 now and I can't fight for anything! I can handle the stuff like Nix Hounds and rats clif racers etc.... I can't get past the 1st room in many tombs or whatnot I go in. My strenght is at 83 longblade skill is at 58. Destruction magic is at 97 intellegence is 61. Heavy armor skill is in the low 40's. Did anyone else have this kind of trouble at this level? I can't even get out of the first room in the tomb by Balmora for crying out loud!!!!

Anyone got any tips? Please help me out!

20. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    Thanks for help tenor but none of your tips worked in this case. However I figured it out myself. It was all too easy again and that's why it was so difficult.

21. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    calm down JS.

You're in a tomb near Balmorra, and you can't open a door? or you can't kill the undead maybe? Your weapon needs to be silver or better to kill undead, or it can be enchanted and that'll work as well but plain iron or steel doesn't work. As for picking locks, you either have to have an open spell with good alteration or lockpicks to open locked doors. You can get lockpicks all around or at the "lucky lockup" on Balmorra. Now the guys you're fighting, do they have the name "ash" in front of them? If so leave the place (cause they're too tough) and also tell me where's it's at. Otherwise you just need a better weapon. Remember tha agility and luck also effect your hit %.

I need more info to help you

22. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I have 2 swords of white woe plus a silver sparksword. The enemys are vampires and skeleton warriors. My lock picking skills aren't that great however my open door is good to 50pts. I am a Warlock in the Mages Guild now do you know of anywhere I can get a spell over 50pts? The tomb is to the right over the hill as soon as you leave Balmora. Thanks!

23. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    In the swamp? I think I know which one you're talking about. There's nothing of note in there I believe. To up your security (lock picking skills) go to the theives guild and train, and pick up some journeyman (or master if you find it) lockpicks. At a low level apprentice lockpicks won't do much good. You can buy or find some locksplitter scrolls as well to open doors. I guess I'm not completely following your problem. Is it that you can't open the door or you can't get out or that you can't kill some of the enemies. Vampires at the beginning are hard. You'll have your chance later to take them out.

24. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    I just found nice dungeon just north of Gnaar Mok. It's big, it's full of ash monsters, dreamers, atronachs, etc. There's not much stuff there, most expensive ones being ebony spear and glass shield I got from a golden saint. Of course this is good place to fill soul gems.

I love sneak skill more than ever. It's nice to sneak behind these tough monsters and kill them with one swift stroke.

I'm getting bored with Creeper trick. I just run out of money (about 150000) because I did some training and bought some spells. Now I need to go sell stuff worth about 300000 to Creeper and I'm not very enthusiastic about it. It would be much nicer if there were wealthy merchants who could buy everything in the game. I would gladly sell my stuff of 300000 with 200000 and save time.

25. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    I've got close to 2 million in unsold goods in chests and the like. Yeah after selling 300,000 to creeper I decided "enchant what you need, train what you need to train and do the rest yourself" Best decision I ever made in the game. You have to start out with creeper, but after awhile gathering money just isn't rewarding. Like I said, I constantly pass up deadric weapons cause it's not worth the time anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.