main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mortis Trilogy now ranks #3 for me...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Sword_Of_Goliath, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sword_Of_Goliath

Sword_Of_Goliath Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2010
    I'm a junkie for this story! It now ranks as my third favorite SW story, after ANH & TPM. It has that crazy uniqueness, that quality of defying description that makes SW stand out from other series. I love the chaotic primitive-myth/dream quality of it. It really feels like those early drafts of SW, when Lucas was throwing the Ashlan & Bogan out there, the myth of the Skywalker and his 12 sons, the "Son of Suns" prophecy etc. I was reminded of Alejandro Jodorowsky, and Frank Herbert, Stanislaw Lem and the French comic artists Jean Mobius Girard, René Laloux & Jean Forest. Visually, it really is the most beautiful SW story I've yet seen. It just gets deeper every time you watch it. For me, this is what I love about Lucas' Star Wars: it turns left when you think it's going to go right, it surprises you & opens up whole vistas of imagination. I just can't get enough of it.

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    In case you didn't see them:
    http://boards.theforce.net/live_action_clone_wars_classics/b10467/31529106
    http://boards.theforce.net/live_action_clone_wars_classics/b10467/31515988
    http://boards.theforce.net/live_action_clone_wars_classics/b10467/31497750

3. Sword_Of_Goliath

Sword_Of_Goliath Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2010
    I know, but this isn't a discussion of the episodes per se. It's a separate appreciation of the three episodes as one story. Let's not get obsessed with "official threads," not everything belongs buried in a 40 pg thread.

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    This is still pointless thread- we cannot create "appreciation-threads" to everything we like- besides I didn't even like that arc so what if i would create "Mortis sucks" thread? That would be bad yes? but technically i could do it if you can do this thread- it is ok you like it but it is not worth of it's own thread- discuss episodein official threads or "positive appreciation thread etc- or be silent- but we cannot create threads for everyone's personal favs- that's ridiculous....

5. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Maybe we could have a thread about which multipart episodes in TCW that we think are as good as or better than some of the movies.

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    No, that would have a bit too much overlap with the Favourite Multi-Episode Arc threads.

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    This thread still exists... well maybe I can use this thread to tell how sh***y Mortis really is...... I really can hardly even talk about Mortis in same sentence with movies- ugh....

No arc has really reached the movie-quality IMO- some are close to Attack of the Clones which is weakest link of the saga.... but since this is completely subjective....

i really think this thread needs to be locked down it is made because of personal opinion.....

8. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    How about we let the mods decide if this thread has a purpose.

If you don't like a thread, don't post in it.

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    What if you would let me to decide in which threads i post- if you don't like my posts -why to reply in them......

Okay maybe i was bit too aggressive but this thread really is odd, what if i would create a thread Mortis now ranks #356732 for me..... would that be appropriate- no that would be locked down very quickly...... while it is totally same as this thread only person and ranking are different..... why this guy has right to create thread for his personal rankings we all should but then we would have million threads

Besides Mortis is not worth of these many threads- it's just three episodes that already have many threads for them....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.