main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Mos Alba 2 year Anniversary

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LadyNaberrie, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Should we have another shin dig like you guys did last year?? I missed it last year and I thought about it today. Last year it was May 25th, soooooo maybe we could have it in Cloudcroft!!!!!! hehe it's just an idea. Have a picnic out in the mountains or something.

2. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    I would like to do another picnic this year, but seeing as how I won't be able to go to Cloudcroft (already made memorial day weekend plans) I say we do it another weekend...

EDIT: Anyone know the official date when mos alba became official, officially? I have some ideas I want to shoot at wook about this and want to find out some dates...

3. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    I could have sworn is was around the same time Wook joined or something. Found it! August 18th is the date!

4. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Got the official word from MaraJadeFan:

First Official Meeting: June 23rd, 2002
    Became Official Chapter: August 10, 2002

So we can use either one as our "anniversary" date. San Diego uses their first meeting date as that was their "birth" date of their club. Anyone else?

5. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    I like the June date.

6. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    june works...why not?

7. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    June 23rd is a Thursday this year... maybe a dinner outting or something on the previous or following saturday?

or a bbq at someone's house? you are all more then welcome to come out to my place that sunday. I know its a fair distance but I am only offereing

8. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Okay, I could either start a new thread or just use this one.

I'll use this one...

Okay, actually, depending on what everyone wants to do, I say we split up our TWO YEAR anniversary into two parts. Why? Well, duh, the whole "2" thing. Or also because some people may not be able to make it to one event, and I'm sure everyone wants to. Right? RIGHT?!

Anyhoo, the idea is to have the movie marathon in June - my house. [edit] Oh yeah, this would take place the weekend before our regularly scheduled meeting on the 12th or 13th.

Then perhaps we could do a barbeque/potluck in August. How's that sound?

9. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    that sounds like fun for me. maybe start a thread for the june meeting since the actual june meeting is fathers day weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.