main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Mos Alba Costuming Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LadyNaberrie, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    I'm all for trying the vacuform. We should try to figure out sometime to do it. But, you'll be busy here pretty soon, Ken!

2. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    You're not kidding, Bob! But I am setting some time aside for this little project! Maybe LadyN could babysit for us while we crank out some armor!

If wonder if we could get hold of various items to copy inexpensively? I guess even if we have to pay full price we can recoup by turning around and selling copies. It would be so nice to have a master set of each type!
    I'm getting prices on ABS and other stuff today...
    edited by Ken for legality

3. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I am up for buying a set of Biker Scout armor...

4. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Sounds like a plan!

5. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Well, if this works out, we will be expanding our membership in the 501st pretty quickly! I emailed Eric Rothlisberger, the GML, to get Jess, me and Steve listed as New Mexico instead of Southern Colorado for our Squad deployment (so we can get some proper representation).
    Also, would it be advantageous to have our own Squad, instead of being a part of the Pikes Peak squad?

I am pretty excited to start our own little factory! The easiest way would be to use the original as the souce... our duplicate would only be bigger by 3mm or whatever the thickness of our plastic is... or, if it is possible, to make a negative and then positive mold of the item; I just need to find out how messy, expensive and time consuming that may be...
    But, we WILL do this! I swear it will be done!
    edited to avoid legal troubles...

6. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I am thinking a positive mold is the best way to go!

7. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    *wants armor but is incredibly too short* I would get teased. How many kids would I have to baby sit?????? and I would be there watching the kids right?? Also my Princess Leia belt needs to be done too you know :p

8. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    LadyN, Just kidding about the babysitting, unless you really wanted to! And no one is too short for armor!
    While wearing your Leia gown (or something similar) can you make a pattern for the belt from paper, fabric or poster paper?, that way we can make one to fit you perfectly, and also get a price at the leather store...Are you needing it soon?

9. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    We could build her a Bousch Helmet!!!

10. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Congrats on the helmet Brother Halo!

I think (if we can make the forming work - I really have no idea how it works) that that would be the best way to go...

BTW - my hubby's still interested in armor as well - just the accountant in me can't swallow spending $600+ for armor that he might wear occassionally...so if there's a better alternative, I'm all for it!

11. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Large cardboard tubes painted white with a Rubies Stormie helmet????? :D

12. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    HEY! Where did you see that? Oh wait, that was for my darth weirdo costume. The tubes work really well for Gonzo's nose...

13. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Congrats BrotherHalo!

um guys? quick question... how can we go about making a set of armor for the ladies? NO matter how skinny I get I am gonna need some additions to my armor. And I really really want some! Or should I go for something like Snow Trooper or Biker Scout? I think having several stormtroopers and biker scouts here would be cool...

14. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Hi, Varza
    Once we have the initial masters made to create from, it shouldn't be too hard to make some custom modifications to them for people. I just didn't want to sculpt the whole thing from scratch, but adding extra to anything should be possible. But, yeah, if you want to do a Biker Scout or Snow Trooper, those have a lot less hard armor and should be a lot more comfortable. Kind like Yvonne when she had the Tie Pilot armor, it is mostly a jumpsuit which can be any size you want!

15. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    hum... So the helmet was only like 55 bucks from Rubies?

I will need some help on the cost for it, but I definatly would like to tryand do it. I would llove to armor now that I have seen some. I am going to wait on the Royal Guard. I will be making the cloak out of velvet and the helmet ain't inexpensive.

BTW, congrats to Yvonne on becoming the 3rd NM member of the 501st! She is one now right?

BTW, how many people does it take to get a NM deployemnet post?

16. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Hi
    Yep, $55, plus a little shipping (probably $9). Halo got a good price off Ebay, that's a wonder! I can't wait to see your Royal Guard, I always loved those guys! So you are holding off on that one? How much are the Royal Guard Helmets? (I guess I don't carry those)
    Yeah, Yvonne and Jess are Official 501st Tie Pilots, congrats, guys! TI-9666 and TI-5151! By the way, Jess, they now have us listed as Squad Deployment of Southern CO and NM. I guess they don't want us to just be NM!?!?!!
    I don't know how many we need to have our own Squad, that page on the 501st website is under construction, I'll have toemail them...

17. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    yeah, i should actually price out which would be least expensive to make-the imperial guard or the biker scout.

I am guessing the imperial guard would be around 200 bucks. The helmet I found on ebay-bid one time-sold for around 125 to 150 can't really remember. I wouldn't bid over 80 for it.

Defaintly find out how many....

18. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Hey varza, as far as Biker scout goes, if you want to go full everything on the net, it goes roughly like this:
    ~$70 for bucket ($55 from Ken!)
    ~$350 for ABS armor from Studio Creations (a little extra to get a molded holster for your boots)
    ~$40 for flight suit
    ~$?? for suede for flight suit
    ~$15 for gloves
    ~$20 for boots (depending on kind - this would be a base hiking boot you could modify, which is what I will probably end up doing)
    ~$10 for balaclava
    ~$?? for blaster. Depends on if you want a resin cast, rubber cast, homemade, etc.
    and then various moolah for helmet electronics and various stuff...

Don't know about Imperial Guard. If Alfonso would ever show up, we could ask him...

19. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I want a Boushh Helmet now! Thanks Jess!! *dances in circles*

20. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    well it looks like one more costume i have to wait on. I don't have that kind of cash. The Imperial Guard is proabbly the least expensive one to do. But it is an idea to just have a place to work towards for amror. UNless the vacuum form does happen then I will invest in some money at that point. I am sure it is less expensive.

I just want a costume, ya know...

I have to work on my Endor Leia as well-the scout Leia not the Ewok Village leia (that is a later costume)

21. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    We would need 10 people to make a squad! But I am determined!

22. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    We can do it! Man, our entire FanForce (as it is now) will also be an entire squad of the 501st!

23. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Well, varza, there's also the option of doing a Rebel Fleet Trooper. Obey Wann told me that was the one of the cheapest costumes he was able to put together.

JESS! YOU SHOULDA HELD ONTO THAT NAVY TALKER'S HELMET!!!!

OH.... the opportunity lost...

;)

24. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    tyue there is that,.... hum maybe. Actually I had looked at it before.

So quick question-what is everyone's list of costumes, as in if you could have every costume you wanted what would be in your closet...

me:
    1-Darth Vader (big surprise there)
    2-Han Solo, maybe the endor invasion
    3-Ewok Village Leia
    4-Endor Invasion Leia
    5-Imperial Guard
    6-some type of scout/trooper
    7-some type of rebel fighter
    8-and if I ever have the body-the balancy/kiss rainbow dress from AOTC
    9-Bespin Leia
    10-Assaj Ventress
    11-a few EU costumes as well. there are some great female charaters in there. Most particularly a female smuggler that han once dated.

those are off teh top of my head.

25. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Hmmm, my dream list would be:

1. Scout Trooper (soon to be a reality!)
    2. Darth Vader
    3. Boba Fett
    4. Clonetrooper
    5. Stormtrooper
    6. RotJ Luke
    7. AT-AT :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.