main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Mos Alba Costuming Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LadyNaberrie, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    1) ANH Leia
    2) AOTC Wedding dress
    3) Mara Jade (hehe already have)
    4) Bespin Leia
    5) Hoth Leia
    6) Bousshh
    7) Red Invasion Amidala
    8) Blue Star Tatooine Padmé
    9) Padme picnic
    10) Storm trooper
    Let us just say all of Padme's costumes I have not mentioned but do not have the body for.

2. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    BrotherHalo, I can't wait to see you AT-AT... does that mean I can make a DethStar costume? hehehe... you know I think that would work... hum, somewhat like doing an orange.

Ken, can you get helmets from Rubies? I was just wondering cause I think they have an Imperail Guard Helmet.

guys, are you thiking of making a vacuum form machine from the directions at studio creations?

3. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    Ken, by the template...what exactly do you mean?? like measure and draw??? That's what I am thinking but hmmm lol! I am not needing it soon, gotta get skinnier and fit first!

4. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Varza... yep, I've already started the VacuFormer, but not from the Studio Creations instructions.... Almost all of the professional ones have a bunch of small holes every inch instead of one big one in the middle... but if one works better than the other, I'll go with it!
    The Rubies wholesaler doesn't seem to have the Imperial Royal Guard... maybe it was just a Don Post? If you find a Rubies part#, I can prbly find it...

Lindsey, yeah, when you get ready, we need to make a pattern from fabric or something to see how much leather to buy... let me know!

5. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    i think it is time for another costuming workshop to get working on everything. I now i need to get working.

hum, i will have to see about the rubies. i thought they did but maybe i am wrong.

good thing, i was looking at theirs and it seemed kinda tiny to do anything other then helmets. how much wouldit cost for us to do a rebel trooper helmet?

6. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Hi, Varza
    Well, the ABS is about 22 for 1/16 thick and $36 for 1/8, so it would cost at least that... But we need something to mold from... Does anyone know if Kaufman's has those Navy Talker helmets?

7. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I am sure they do not.....what sucks is....I had one just 9 or 10 months back....CRAP!

Here is a pic of it:

WWII Navy Talker Helmet

8. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    Anyway to get me a boussh helmet?? hehe

9. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Bob,

I got a Biker Scout pistol....we need to make you a resin copy!

10. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Most definitely, Jess! How would we go about doing this? Also, what about doing the lens for our buckets? You mentioned you have a contact?

11. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
  12. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Also, OW let me know he dropped off his Studio Creations styrene Rebel Fleet Trooper helmet to Darth Hair in CO for him to mold and crank out. He'll let us know how much they run when y'all are interested in getting one (I know I am).

Also, TK-4752 should be pulling armor this weekend. Anyone interested should let him know. I won't be able to run up there this weekend, and I think we (Ken, Jess, and I) may be planning on our own little project.

13. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    I know I want a helmet.

at the moment I am the top bidder for the Guard Helmet-46 bucks at the moment and 2 days to go still... crossing fingers and bitting nails. if you guys get the vacuum form going we can make a few off of it. I don'r know that condition it is in so I may need to make one off of it anyways. so if i get hte helmet my next project is the IMperial Guard.

14. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    I swore it would be done, and it is!
    [link http://www.bladeseller.com/trooper/table.jpg]table[/link]

And you thought all I did all day was get my foot in my mouth!

I bought a sheet of 1/16" thick black ABS and a sheet of 1/8" thick white ABS. Thought we could practice with the black on Jess's Tie armor.

The aluminum frames that hold the plastic sheet are custom fit for the oven, and the business part of the table has dimensions of 17" by 22". All of my armor looks like it will fit it (but only by treating the cod as a separate peice).

I need to buy a 4HP shop-vac (found one at Costco for about $50), mine is only 2HP. I don't know what our home canister vac is, they only go by amps, not HP.
    I hope this thing can pay for itself!

And I need some time to tweak/test but it is getting close to reality!

15. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    so when are we having an armor/costume/weapon workshop? that way we can see it in action!

16. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Sweet! I saw that it was at $46 this morning. I hope you get it, that'd be awesome.

17. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Awww, man, Ken! Nice work! We gotta get together to try this out. I'd offer to use my shop vac, but it, too, is only a 2 hp. Hmmm, what if we hooked both up? That might work, but it might not pull the air as good as a single unit. It might not end up being uniform...

18. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Hi, Varza!
    Ha ha, well, with Easter, people going to Cloudcroft, taxes coming up, the breast cancer walk, a new baby on the way for me in April, who knows? Sometime in June?

But I'll be anxious to show everyone once I get past
    the learning curve. I still need that vacuum, thought I'd better get the right Horse Power so I don't waste any ABS.

Speaking of workshops, I'm talking to LadyN about her leather and metal Leia ANH belt, so we can include that in the workshop, too!

19. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    and since my birthday is pretty much ONE MONTH AWAY! I was thinking that the Mace saber prolly won't be out soo I want to go with Vader's saber

20. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Ken...lets get the Vac this weekend...I sent you a PM on that! LETS BUILD!!!

21. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    let Lor know when you get the leather-he has a membership and gets like 30% off from the Leather Factory. Best deal ever I think. I actually need to go back. i need more for my scrap leather outfit i am making.

22. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Yeah, the purple Mace ForceFX is not due to be released until sometime in June 2004, and the blue ESB Luke is set for August. Vader is my current favorite, too! It and the green Luke ROTJ have now been listed as Sold Out by MR, but they also sell them WITH a display stand, and these are in stock. Strange.
    Anyway, I can still get the Sold Out Vader without the display stand (it's cheaper)... I'll PM you with the details...

23. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    whoo Vader saber here I come!!!!!!!!!!!

24. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    I would so love one of those... do you have a layaway plan Ken? I so can't afford it though, with 2 not so cheap vacations coming up I doubt I will be able to afford it. Man why can't my birthday be earlier...

25. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Hi, Varza... Yeah, I could do a layaway for you for 2 or 3 months... especially on time sensitive Limited Edition items like this. I was just PMing LadyN about this, one of my wholesalers has these on backorder, another has them in stock (them meaning the green Luke ROTJ ForceFX saber and the red Vader ANH ForceFX saber) but they are $15 more (diff wholesalers can decide to offer diff prices). So if anyone REALLY wants one and doesn't mind the $15 and doesn't want to wait for the backorder to be filled, let me know...I don't know if I should throw prices around in here, but you can PM me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.