Abq Mos Alba Costuming Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LadyNaberrie, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Here is a leather bandoleer that could be used for Jawas and Tuskins!

http://www.majorsurplusnsurvival.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MSS&Product_Code=084755&Category_Code=23
  2. fathom33 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cyndi- try these two links. I know the ThreeKings one will answer any questions you might have and probably be able to recommend a paint for your needs. The second has a lot of different selections for body painting needs. Hope this helps.

http://www.threekingstheatrical.com/

http://www.performerszone.com/acatalog/Snazaroo.html

:)

PLUS, THERE IS ALWAYS LATEX BODY PAINT... I believe it doesnt rub off, but can come off like peeling a banana.... ha ha
  3. propgeek1701 Jedi Knight

star 3
    If you're going to be a Twilek, you could be like that purple babelicious Twilek at the Opera Theatre. You know. The one with cleavage. Twileks are so sexy!
  4. cyndilt76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    thanks fathom, i'll check it out!!!
    have you figured out what you want to do? we could both be twi'leks!!! that would be cool, just dfifferent colors-- what do you think?

do you have a link to a picture greg?

5. fathom33 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Anytime. I am a information hunter when it comes to finding stuff... haha.

I dont quite see myself being able to pull off a Twilek, but I am in the stages of starting the endor Leia outfit she wore at the Ewok village. I think that one would work for me as a start. I am also thinking of re-doing my celebration leia and making some improvements.

Maybe I could look more into the Twilek thing and if I could find one that would cover all the right places, I might do it... tee hee.
  6. EvilPrincess Jedi Master

star 4
    So just curious...who on these boards knows how to sew? And/or has access to a sewing machine...
  7. obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I kind of know but no machine.
  8. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    My wife Yvonne fakes it pretty good if it is not to complicated!
  9. propgeek1701 Jedi Knight

star 3
    In my opinion, you can never have too many Twileks. Blues, purples, greens, pinkies. I tried to get/find a vidcap of that stairway scene in the opera house, but my dumb software can't handle it for some reason. And there don't seem to be any out there on the net. Sorry. Suffice to say, she's a serious babe and well-endowed.
  10. fathom33 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I know how to sew pretty well. It have a sewing machine and a serger. Granted, it has been a while since I have dusted them off... haha. I am working on setting up a new sewing table in my house. I can read patterns pretty well too. I am just not the greatest when it comes to doing handstitching, but I can wing it pretty well.
  11. TK166 Jedi Master

star 4
  12. EvilPrincess Jedi Master

star 4
    Down boy! [face_laugh]

Well my mother-in-law is going to be helping me with some of my costume (she lives in California), but I may wind up needing some assistance from you fine folks as well. So any help, however limited the skill would be appreciated [face_praying]
  13. obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ken, you are an awesome webmaster, that is beutiful...
  14. EvilPrincess Jedi Master

star 4
  15. TK166 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks, Dave, it is all just nicely coded HTML, really...

16. obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't be so modest, that was beutiful, you are a genius!
  17. cyndilt76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    ken- thanks for the pic!!!

greg- you want me to wear that!!! are you kidding...1 don't think i'm that well-endowed to be sure!don't know that i can pull that off- but we'll see- :)

fathom-- if i can do a twi'lek, you sure can!!! you're gorgeous darling!!!

evil- i also have a sewing machine and can sew moderately well, i guess-- i'm ok at using patterns, but get frustrated with them easily and sometimes have to just go by eye.

dave- hi! (just didn't want to leave you out :))
  18. obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Cindy, you're the best!
  19. fathom33 Jedi Knight

star 1
    That is a nice reference for the twilek on that link. That should make propgeek happy. He will probably save as wallpaper.. [face_love]

I would be happy to help with some sewing if I can. I do need to take the machine in for a cleaning and oiling just to be sure it is ready to go. Probably do that this weekend. So, we can always plan a costume making night like I have heard so much about... [face_dancing] [face_pumpkin]
  20. cyndilt76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    this is a cool waste of time website -- they have a TK like character, i just couldn't figure out how to save what i made...

http://addictinggames.com/heromachine2.html
  21. EvilPrincess Jedi Master

star 4
    What FUN that is! Boy i can see myself wasting a lot of time on that...Oh well, technically I'm on my lunch right now.
  22. fathom33 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Me as well. I was spending quite a bit of my work hours on these suggested links and the boards... ha ha. oh, well.

Thanks Cyndi, I appreciate that. Guess I could wing it and see how it goes... ha ha. Still missing a bit up top, but hey surgery can always remedy that... I would do that for a costume... tee hee
  23. propgeek1701 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Koyi Mateil, eh?

Now I have a name for my latest pin-up girl. I wouldn't advise you ladies attempting that particular costume, however. Something might just slip out! Besides, it's an evening gown, and we usually do daytime events.

Here's the two sexy Twi'leks I was thinking about as well...

[image=http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-4/144070/Twilekhotties.JPG]
  24. EvilPrincess Jedi Master

star 4
    and since we're very into etiquette, none of us would DARE ware an evening gown during a daytime event!! [face_shame_on_you]
  25. cyndilt76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    greg-- you could be in charge of "slip out" duty! it's all about double stick tape right?

evil- right...god forbid.
    i am such a fashion plate after all, i wouldn't be caught dead wearing something inappropriate....

WAIT----Am i gonna have a problem wearing my white armor after labor day?
    :)

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.