main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Mos Alba Costuming Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LadyNaberrie, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    Ya, I'm part of the Leather Factory's "wholesale" club, witch means i get about 30% off every thing in the store... And Tandy too... so If you guys are gonna' buy some dead animal parts let me know...

-lor

2. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Ken, I will take the backorder one-give me a time to pay it off... how much is it again? And it is the Vader-like thats a surprise...

3. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    19 hours to go and so far so good... i am starting to get nervous!

then i just need to buy the fabric for everything. i wonder how much red velvet is gonna cost me?

4. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Should we all bid too, just to make sure SOMEONE in the group gets it? Ha ha !

5. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    noooo!! unless someone over bids me at the time. i can't afford much more.

6. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    ha ha, I know, just kidding.. !

7. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Here is one ending in just 25 minutes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2234274598&category=154&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

8. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I need help with the boushh stuff

9. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    We will help on that Lady N...just give us some time to figure out how to do it! We will figure it out somehow! :D

10. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    i think i am gonna wait for the one i am bidding on. unfortunatly i don't have the 75 bucks or more at the moment...

LadyN have you found anything online about how to do it? ask in the costume forum as well-someone may have done one. the gloves should be simple enough... the spikes on the hands we can get at the leather shop. I saw them there when I picked my spikes up.

Work with Lor as well, he has lots of Xperience working with leather and he has most of the materials/equipement to make belts, gloves, and such with leather... i used his stuff for my gaunlets-I think Wook did as well. He doesn't know it yet but I am gonna be using his stuff again pretty soon...

11. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    all the costume really is is layers but there is some armor and the helmet involved, I don't need the thermal detonator too much

12. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    unfortunatly the layers are mostly leathers. I remember seeing it at the Myth show. I jsut wish I still had my pics. I don't know where they are packed at. you know the pants look like biker pants... i htink i have seen some simiular.

the thermal detonator-I know where you can get directions on how to make one, its not great but it works.

but i think between Ken, Lor & Gecko your costume will look awesome.

13. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    either that or they are horse riding pants

14. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    actually its neither... took a look at the visual dictionary at Lor's house. The pants are defiantly a leather pants made specifically for the movie. the jacket is probably a leather or suede. the gloves leatehr or suede... the cape she wears is a canvas though. I asked Lor if we could take some pics of the Ubese armor-the armor Leia wears-from Galaxes... the armor is exactly like that from the movies. It will give you a better idea of what if would look like...

if that is okay with you? Even if we can get some pics of them on me-since i am a sexy woman-and upload to the website.

15. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    it is okay with me. I noticed she has spikes on her hand similar to what you did for Halloween Varza, ya think you could help me with that one?? here is a link to a page of a Boussh costume Boushh!

16. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Well, varza? Did ya win?

EDIT: Never mind, the auction ain't over yet. Almost thoughh...

17. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Varza...some Toyshack guy has outbid you....what do want to do....should we take it from him....and if any of you are thinking of doing this....let me know before I bid on it and take it from him!

WE DO NOT WANT TO BE OUTBIDDING EACH OTHER ON THIS

18. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I am thinking we should have just got the one for $75.00...... :(

19. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Well, you got it for $71, Jess. Way to go!

20. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    I guess I should thank you Gecko, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

I knew there was something I forgot to do this morning, sorry about that. I will give you money this weekend. I would of bid later but I was at the gym, damn that desire to have a skinny body.. :p

21. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Mayby I did...mayby I didn't! Only time will tell! :D Besides what would I do with a mask like that!

Varza....it looks like your Max bid was $50.00....so how does $50.00 plus the shipping sound? I got the balance! ;)Happy B-Day!

22. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    I was just about to post if you wanted to keep it for your self...

and I can defiantly work with that gecko! thank you so much!

I LOVE YOU!!!! :p

P.s. LadyN, Lor actually did that for me, I think between him and I we can get that done. Looks like the gaunlets at just like mine and I still have my pattern for them. We will work out a time with Lor and go to the leather place for the studs and the leather for the gaunlets. After we figure out how much you need. I will get those pics for you for saturday as well...

those are awesome pictures of the boushh... doesn't looke like he will post any directions only offeres to sell the helmet. He made some changes to the costume... the wide obi he made is actually called a ribbed shirt and its not a belt worn outside of the coat. the cloak is a dirted up canvas.

23. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Only 25 more to go!

24. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Oh, yeah. About the Guard helmet. You gonna get a mold off of it, I assume?

25. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Oh, one more thing. Gecko, sorry man, but I ripped the foam outta me bucket. It's a bit more comfortable, now. My noggin finally fits comfortably. But I gotta trim the brow, that thing bites into my forehead. But I swear, that'll be it until we get together! Oh, I might wipe it down. Oh, and try to get it slimmed down a bit. I didn't realize how warped it got.

But that's it. I swear!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.