Abq Mos Alba Costuming Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LadyNaberrie, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    We are off to a good start here in ABQ....showing a force of 501st and Rebel Legion personel!

http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v99/TD5151/3d850c22.jpg
  2. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    very cool gecko!

yeah i think we will be going pretty good so far... i can't wait to see everyone dress up at once...
  3. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    Boushh measurements

There's a lil thing at the bottom that says how to measure and on each picture there are three faint red dots. I thought this might help.
  4. TK166 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, LadyN, that's pretty cool, thanks for sharing! That will definitely help everyone!
  5. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    no problems ^.^

I need to figure out a way to cover up the big white "R" on my shin guards for Mara Jade, the plastidip came off and well I need it to be all black ^.^
  6. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    did you try a permant marker of some type?

I am going to try and get time today and go onto denver fabrics and order some swatches to see what I can get for the imperial guard-heck, i can't believe i am actually going to do this....

I was wondering, I know we will most likely have one before hand but my families house will be open for a workshop around June 27th if anyone wants to come out and work on costumes... I know it is a drive but we have a large space-indoors and outdoors for working...
  7. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    that'd be nice! my mom said we'd start working on my costumes next month.

I am SO sorry to keep doing this to everyone but....My mom and I were discussing the Boushh costume and she and I would MUCH rather have Female Stormtrooper armor than the EXTREMELY expensive Boushh one. I am SO sorry to keep doing this to everyone! I hope you all can forgive me :D
  8. TK166 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you!!!! I had no idea how to make Boussh, and you had me pretty nervous! But Stormtrooper, we can do! I'm going to hopefully do a test of the vacu-table tomorrow. I have the ABS pre-cut, mounted in the frame, I just need to do it!
  9. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    just make sure my armor is designed to fit a females body LOL

edit: according to the 501st boards, a femtrooper is not an *official* costume so it is not allowed in the 501st but I do have Mara Jade too, so no sweat.
  10. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    I think we will have to have your mom help with it. I think you need a body cast don't you? for the womens armor?

I am planning on some as well LadyN...

Well, I ordered my fabric last ngiht, I have 14 swatches of various red fabric coming to me.
  11. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    yes, I will need a body cast so my mom *will* have to help with that cause yea heeh
  12. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    MAN! that body casting stuff costs about $450!!!!!!!!!!!! Awwww man! we don't have THAT much money just for a body cast *frowns*
  13. TK166 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi, I've seen some webpages for making head and body casts for less money... using something called Alginate? I'll try to dig those up again...
  14. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    Yea, that could work out well, just as long as the whole lycra bodysuit rule will still apply.
  15. TK166 Jedi Master

star 4
    what is the lycra bodysuit rule?
  16. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    just as long as I wear a lycra bodysuit, you think it would still work???
  17. TK166 Jedi Master

star 4
    Do you mean you want to wear a lycra body suit when you get your body cast made? Or under your armor? I don't know how it works for the body cast... but definitely under your armor!
  18. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    they did the studio creations body cast while the guy was wearing a bodysuit. The just put Nivea cold cream on the suit and washed it afterwards for wear.
  19. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    If this is too much of a hassle for anyone with the bodycast, which I don't really feel *too* comfortable doing anyways, I could just do a dress
  20. TK166 Jedi Master

star 4
    A stormtrooper in a dress?!?!? Look, Sir, skirts!
  21. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    no, I don't feel comfortable to do a bodycast for the stormtrooper armor
  22. TK166 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, again, THANK YOU!
    That would have been another HUGE project!
  23. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    hmmmm, my mom and I need to go through the dresses and see which one we could pull off.
  24. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    LadyN, if you want stormtrooper armor why not just go with regular stormtrooper armor? and not something custom made. we could do the bodycast but I would have you and your mom do it.

for myseld, no matter how much weight i loose i could never wear regular armor. I wish I could.
  25. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    Honestly, we don't have the money for a bodycast, and I *still* don't feel comfy about the bodycast either. My mom and I just feel better about making a dress
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.