main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Mos Alba Costuming Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LadyNaberrie, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    We are off to a good start here in ABQ....showing a force of 501st and Rebel Legion personel!

http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v99/TD5151/3d850c22.jpg

2. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    very cool gecko!

yeah i think we will be going pretty good so far... i can't wait to see everyone dress up at once...

3. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Boushh measurements

There's a lil thing at the bottom that says how to measure and on each picture there are three faint red dots. I thought this might help.

4. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Wow, LadyN, that's pretty cool, thanks for sharing! That will definitely help everyone!

5. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    no problems ^.^

I need to figure out a way to cover up the big white "R" on my shin guards for Mara Jade, the plastidip came off and well I need it to be all black ^.^

6. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    did you try a permant marker of some type?

I am going to try and get time today and go onto denver fabrics and order some swatches to see what I can get for the imperial guard-heck, i can't believe i am actually going to do this....

I was wondering, I know we will most likely have one before hand but my families house will be open for a workshop around June 27th if anyone wants to come out and work on costumes... I know it is a drive but we have a large space-indoors and outdoors for working...

7. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    that'd be nice! my mom said we'd start working on my costumes next month.

I am SO sorry to keep doing this to everyone but....My mom and I were discussing the Boushh costume and she and I would MUCH rather have Female Stormtrooper armor than the EXTREMELY expensive Boushh one. I am SO sorry to keep doing this to everyone! I hope you all can forgive me :D

8. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Thank you!!!! I had no idea how to make Boussh, and you had me pretty nervous! But Stormtrooper, we can do! I'm going to hopefully do a test of the vacu-table tomorrow. I have the ABS pre-cut, mounted in the frame, I just need to do it!

9. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    just make sure my armor is designed to fit a females body LOL

edit: according to the 501st boards, a femtrooper is not an *official* costume so it is not allowed in the 501st but I do have Mara Jade too, so no sweat.

10. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    I think we will have to have your mom help with it. I think you need a body cast don't you? for the womens armor?

I am planning on some as well LadyN...

Well, I ordered my fabric last ngiht, I have 14 swatches of various red fabric coming to me.

11. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    yes, I will need a body cast so my mom *will* have to help with that cause yea heeh

12. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    MAN! that body casting stuff costs about $450!!!!!!!!!!!! Awwww man! we don't have THAT much money just for a body cast *frowns*

13. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Hi, I've seen some webpages for making head and body casts for less money... using something called Alginate? I'll try to dig those up again...

14. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    Yea, that could work out well, just as long as the whole lycra bodysuit rule will still apply.

15. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    what is the lycra bodysuit rule?

16. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    just as long as I wear a lycra bodysuit, you think it would still work???

17. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Do you mean you want to wear a lycra body suit when you get your body cast made? Or under your armor? I don't know how it works for the body cast... but definitely under your armor!

18. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    they did the studio creations body cast while the guy was wearing a bodysuit. The just put Nivea cold cream on the suit and washed it afterwards for wear.

19. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    If this is too much of a hassle for anyone with the bodycast, which I don't really feel *too* comfortable doing anyways, I could just do a dress

20. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    A stormtrooper in a dress?!?!? Look, Sir, skirts!

21. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    no, I don't feel comfortable to do a bodycast for the stormtrooper armor

22. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Well, again, THANK YOU!
    That would have been another HUGE project!

23. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    hmmmm, my mom and I need to go through the dresses and see which one we could pull off.

24. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    LadyN, if you want stormtrooper armor why not just go with regular stormtrooper armor? and not something custom made. we could do the bodycast but I would have you and your mom do it.

for myseld, no matter how much weight i loose i could never wear regular armor. I wish I could.

25. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    Honestly, we don't have the money for a bodycast, and I *still* don't feel comfy about the bodycast either. My mom and I just feel better about making a dress

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.