Abq Mos Alba Tales - Our Fan fiction

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by debeautimous, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4
    Help I forgot how to do a link and I want to start another romance. Can someone do it for me. Forbidden Jedi Romances in the classic fan fiction section.
  2. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
  3. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4
  4. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4
    Forbidden Jedi Romances - Undeniable Patrimony
  5. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    I was thinking of starting a fan fiction story but I have absolutely NO ideas on what to do it on lol. I was thinking of a "what-if" type story. Any suggestions??
  6. DrummerChris Jedi Padawan

How about this: WHAT IF George Lucas had just let the first three movies exist gracefully, not trying to cash in on our culture's incessant flair for buying merchandise by making utterly substandard "prequel" movies?

Or maybe that wouldn't be much fun to write about, now that I think about it.

By the way, hello. Sorry for the corny nickname. "Chris" was already taken. I'm visiting because Deb is the coolest person in the entire world and now I get to PM her.

Peace, love & cherries,
    Me
  7. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_plain]

I don't like that idea :(
  8. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't mind Chris he is visiting and obviously not as inamorate of Star Wars as we are. LOL :D
  9. DrummerChris Jedi Padawan

Oh, I love the first three films like a rabid fanatic, and could probably quote all of the dialogue from memory. I just don't consider the last two (i.e. first two....you know what I mean....aaaahhhh!!) to be real Star Wars movies, for obvious reasons. Maybe the last one will be better.

It's only a different opinion. They're good for ya. My intention is never to offend.

Hi Deb!!
  10. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    Lady Nab- the best way I've found is to just start writing - even if you don't have the whole story in mind yet. Sometimes they just write themselves. If you would like me to beta I'd love to...

PS. There's also a "plotbunny" thread on the fanfic board...basically they come up with the idea and you write your take on a story...
  11. DrummerChris Jedi Padawan

I agree with Wook. Assume, at first, that nobody's going to read it -- it's just for YOU. No audience, no judges. There are no rules and nothing to get "wrong" or "right"; you can't look at a blank piece of paper as if it were an empty form that must be filled in "correctly." Rather, that blank screen is the sky, and you have wings. You can do anything you like. Have fun. Play! The only difference is that you're playing with words rather than toys. Go crazy. There are no rules.

Later, if you think you'd like to share what you've written with others, THEN you can go over it and fix grammatical mistakes, etc. But not at first. When you start, you can't picture your reader, your judge; if you do that, you'll try too hard to be "correct" and it won't be any fun to write (let alone read). It's for YOU, enjoying the very process of writing; otherwise, there's no point.

Hope this was helpful instead of a lot of blah blah blah blah blah. :)
  12. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you!! :) that does help! I'll get started later this evening.
  13. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah...what Chris said!!!

Also what helped me was not to start writing at the beginning of your story. Beginnings are hard since you have to set up characters, situations etc. Start in the middle or end where the action is or wherever is the most interesting part of your story. Then you can always go back and add those details later.

Good luck!

M
  14. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4
    The most important thing is to have fun!!! :D
  15. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm working on character development for a Harry Potter Fan Fic that I will be working on here's what I have so far on character development....

Anna Black-
    Parents: Sirius Black & Danae Wright (Mother died under the hands of a Dementor)
    House: Ravenclaw
    Spitting image of Sirius except green eyes
    Godparents: James & Lily Potter
    Enemy: Sinis Snape (Severus Snape?s Nephew)
    Lived with: Her grandmother Black and Kreacher
    Other info: Even though her mother did not approve of Sirius? arrest, Anna knew in her heart that her father was innocent. Over the years she still loved and cared for her father very much. After her mother died, she went to live with her grandmother at Number 12 Grimmauld Place. She had very small memories of James and Lily Potter.

Going to work on Sinis Snape's character development stuff later. Also, if you think anything should be added to Anna's stuff, or have any questions, just let me know okay??
  16. DrummerChris Jedi Padawan

Deb:

Okay, since you're having computer problems and CompuServe isn't letting you reply to anything on the forum, try this first: Log onto CompuServe the normal way, and then minimize that browser. Open a new browser, but Internet Explorer this time (if it's not an icon on the desktop -- the big blue E -- then it should be under "Programs" in the Start menu). This browser should allow you to use the Force (so to speak) without encountering the cookie problems you told me about.

If it's still not letting you check your PMs or reply to threads because of some cookie-related error, select Internet Options under the Tools menu and click on Delete Cookies.

If anyone else has any advice, here's the scoop: Deb can't reply to anything on this message board because her friend's CompuServe software is telling her that a cookie's interfering/is already there/can't be put there/some **** like that.

Hope it works, Deb!!

-- Me
  17. Redgek Jedi Knight

star 3
    Can you say sh** on here? I didn't think you could. Sh** like that will usually get you b**ched out.
  18. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4
    Woo!! Hoo!!! It worked!!! Redgek you are so silly!!!
  19. DrummerChris Jedi Padawan

>Sh** like that will usually get you b**ched out.

Maybe it didn't get me bitched out because it's used figuratively, meaning that it's only a harmless word, insulting to nobody.

Remember, words are our servants, not our masters. Censorship, by contrast, would be devastating to any forum that champions uninhibited discussion. ;)

I'm glad it worked, Deb!! :)
  20. SithLordAaron Jedi Knight

star 3
    What the hell are you talking about? Censorship? Where do you think you live, anyway?!
  21. DrummerChris Jedi Padawan

22. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4
  23. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4
  24. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4
  25. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.