main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Mos Alba -- The T-shirt -- The Shirts are IN!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Lorithavon, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    I'm with Ken on that one as well, I personally would just like the mos alba logo in the front and nothing on the back. Is that an option that I can have.

2. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    Ok....who is "Tall, Dark and Ugly" on the back? no one, he is an original design that Neb came up with and has been working on for since we started talking a few months back on request by Lor for original artwork for a new shirt. So we would have something different then just the logo that we have the last two times around.

Its a stylized art form that is simiular to his webcomic, Nebs that is. He is an amazing artist, I had him do some artwork for my business.

Just what Lor told me. He doesn't read the boards often and posts even less. So, I figure I post it.

3. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    I love the art, I think it's awesome and original. I personally like to keep it simple for my own taste. I just wanted to make that clear so it is not assumed i'm attacking the work and time devoted to it. [face_peace]

4. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    i know, i was just explaining who it was... wasn't trying to make waves. just explaining and giving my own personal view. I was come off sounded harsher then i am.

also, the logo is probably only going to be on the pocket (which will bring the cost down even more). and won't be as busy since it won't be 2 large images but one small and the one on the back.

to make another shirt with the full logo on the front is going to cost more money. To do a few shirts with just the logo is going to be like the womens shirt but will cost more.

so it won't just be not doing the front, it will be a completely different run of shirts then already going in.

just passing on information.

5. Fett-BobaFett

Fett-BobaFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2004
    Lor, Can we please have an option with no guy on the back? I like the Aurabesh. I appreciate the trouble the artist went to with the guy, but I'm opting to not have him if possible. Thanks.

6. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    I am with tk166 and obi_dave_kenobi and Fett_bobafett on this one I would like to keep it simple and just have the Mos Alba logo on the front and nothing on the back or the pocket, great art work on the back but I think simple is the best way thanks LOR I know you put a lot of time on this project. [face_peace]

7. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    No...

you can't have the shirts with noting on the back... and you can't just print part of the back i.e. with out the guy and just the arabesh... printing doesn't work that way... I can explain how silk screening works if people want but I won't right now because it'll be long and drawn out.

I wanted to give people a choice but between the red and green... and I even pestered the silk screen people about women's shirts... They are club shirts they should all look the same but I understand some people not wanting the normal T-shirt cut and I'm not pleased about them being a different color along with the XXXL shirts... but that is out of my control... I guess I should have learned from the past when fenigdurak tried to give people choices on the Mountain Base patches and it bit her in the ass... so yes you can have a third choice... no shirt... you guys asked for my expertise asked me to spend MY time working with my artist and spending time at the silkscreens and on the phone with them... I tired to make the most bad ass Club shirt out there, I think I succeed...

I'm still not for the small logo on the front but I'm open to that... but the "guy" stays on the back, I've burned too many favors getting the art done... and the real reason why there is a choice on the color is that Neb and I couldn't agree on red or green, and figured out a way to color it where it would work for both colors.

so who ever doesn't want a shirt pipe up and i'll remove you from the list. and if a bunch of people drop the price might go up a little for those of you who want the coolest club shirt around...I'll do my best to negotiate with the silk screeners to keep the price down, I do a lot of work through them so I'll probably be able to keep the price the same.

until then the list is...

lor 1XL; 1XL
    black_8ight 3 L ; 3L
    Bloodclaw65 1 XXL; 1XL ; 1 XXL; 1 XL
    Gecko_Fett 1 XL; 1M (women's)
    TK166 1L
    Jerahl 1L
    Jaina Byrd M (women's)
    I-Like-The-Dark-Side 1 L
    Wook 1L;1M
    BelaLugosi 1M
    Outpour 1M
    ZOOfo-Dyas 1 XL
    Fett-BobaFett 1 M; 1 S (women's)
    obi_dave_kenobi 1L
    Arian 1L; 1 XL
    Brotherhalo 1XL; 1M
    LetoQuorme 1 XL
    bobasparxx 1XXL
    mandy_djo 1L
    NeeshLok 1M
    ObeyTheFist 1 XXL; 1L; 1XXXL; 1 XXL; 1XL
    SithLordAaron 1 XXL

tell me if I missed any one...

pictures of shirts located here

-lor

8. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    I for one think the shirt is more than what we asked of Lor.

And I think it r0x0r!

I think it's very sweet and different from our existing two shirts. I'm looking forward to getting it. I still haven't decided on colors, because Julie hasn't decided on which one she wants. Probably green, but I'll let you know in a day or so, Lor.

I think the shirt is unique and is better than just a simple logo shirt. However, we may have an option there. Lor, I've sent you a PM about it. Let me know, amigo.

-Bob

9. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Oh yeah, I'm all for the full-sized logo on the front. I don't want people NOT being able to read MOS ALBA on the front.

10. BelaLugosi

BelaLugosi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    I'll get mine in red, Lor

11. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    I do apologize if anyone feels this is in any way a critique of any sort or an attempt of trying to be difficult, but it is not. When the discussion was brought up about the shirt, it first came up as being an almost exact copy of the original, which I like. When discussion of adding something to the back came up, I started having second thoughts. When the decision was reached on the entire shirt I had already said I wanted one. After thinking about it, I decided to ask before the exact amount of quantity was determined and the price was set. In the future I will make sure to wait for final product details to avoid any issues.
    So I will have to take the third option at this time. Thank you

12. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Before this goes anywhere else, and before anybody starts getting bent outta shape, I'm waiting to hear back from Lor on a couple of questions I've sent him. So, until that time, please wait.

Thanks!

13. I-Like-The-Dark-Side

I-Like-The-Dark-Side Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2004
    I'll take mine in red.

14. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    lor 1XL; 1XL
    black_8ight 3 L ; 3L
    Bloodclaw65 1 XXL; 1XL ; 1 XXL; 1 XL
    Gecko_Fett 1 XL; 1M (women's)
    TK166 1L
    Jerahl 1L
    Jaina Byrd M (women's)
    I-Like-The-Dark-Side 1 L
    Wook 1L;1M
    BelaLugosi 1M
    Outpour 1M
    ZOOfo-Dyas 1 XL
    Fett-BobaFett 1 M; 1 S (women's)
    Arian 1L; 1 XL
    Brotherhalo 1XL; 1M
    LetoQuorme 1 XL
    bobasparxx 1XXL
    mandy_djo 1L
    NeeshLok 1M
    ObeyTheFist 1 XXL; 1L; 1XXXL; 1 XXL; 1XL
    SithLordAaron 1 XXL

tell me if I missed any one...

pictures of shirts located here

15. mandy_djo

mandy_djo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    I've decided on green for mine.

16. NeeshLok

NeeshLok Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2005
    I'll take mine in red Lor :)

17. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    Lor, I'll take one in green, size large. Thanks!

18. Jerahl

Jerahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004
    I'll take a red back

19. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'll take one in the majority :D I'm easy, just not cheap ;)

20. abqscout

abqscout Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2004
    I'll take one of each in medium

21. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Okay, Lor and I figured everything out. We now hold the answer to life, the universe, and everything! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

Hmmm. Okay.

Anyway, there's been some interest in getting a shirt sans jedi on the back. Well, this will be an option very shortly, though not by the traditional means. We'll be offering a plain logo front/Bad Influence Tour t-shirt on our cafepress store. I feel comfortable mentioning the store because we aren't using any copyrighted images for the shirt, or anything we sell in the store for that matter. It's mainly for us members anyway...

That said, I'm working on some artwork for the back of the shirt. I will post it before it gets loaded to the store. But it will only have the verbage on the back, no other art. The thing with cafepress is this - there's not a large selection of colors. There's white. There's ash gray. There's green. There's a Jr's baby-doll (woman's fitted), ringer t's (white with black rings), and yellow shirts. Since we should all have some sort of semblance of organization, this will probably be limited to the white and ash colored tees, and the women's. If there's disagreement, let me know.

So there's the news.

You have the choice of the charcoal (or heather in women's) above, or the plain cafepress.

Okay? Okay.

Move along, move along...

22. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    Where did you get "Bad Influence Tour" from? When I translate, it comes up:

"A cookie is just a cookie, but Newtons are fruit and cake."

23. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Lor

I only need 1 XL in green.

Yvonne is not getting one!

Thanks!

24. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    1 green (M), 1 red (Xl)

25. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Lor,

I'll take three XL and one XL.

So far. I think there'll be a couple more I need to order...

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.