main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Mos Alba Trooping Events

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by SithLordAaron, Jul 21, 2007.

1. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Remember the times when Mos Alba would Troop events? The times we were accused being a "bad influence"? Mos Alba needs to kick start these events once again. I have a brand new set of armor and have no place to wear it. I propose we get back to our roots and continue Trooping with Mos Alba. I think this is just what Mos Alba needs to get back on its feet again. I know this may cause a rift with the 501st group, but I invite them to participate as well at Mos Alba Trooping events. If anyone has an event they may want to include let us know. We can work as a team without having to put someone in charge of Trooping. Who knows, maybe we can even get Brian into getting some armor. I finally turned to the Dark Side.

I'm working with Chili's in Rio Rancho for a St Judes Charity Event. It will be in September but they don't have the date set yet. They had the event last year and we have been invited to help bring in some more people to the event. When I get more info I will post more.

I also have an idea for Trooping the fall carnival at my son's school. The classrooms have food booths or activities which they charge tickets to participate. With all the tickets collected they distribute monies for supplies and materials for their specific classrooms. Maybe pictures with Troopers for tickets? I can't get any details about that one until school starts but will work on it.

2. BloodClaw

BloodClaw Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2001
    Count me in Brother =D=

3. jedibb123

jedibb123 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2003
    Congrats on the armor Aaron! More trooping sounds great to me. I might actually have time to participate again too, especially events in Rio Rancho.

4. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Time to get the old crew together for some trooping!

5. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    Soon, my friend. Soon.

6. JaceMardu

JaceMardu Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2005
    As well as the new! Time moves only forward, not in reverse. I would be down for any trooping event. Obviously, someone will point out that Mos Alba is a Fan Force and not a costuming organization but I agree that they can and should be included in trooping events. I don't really care if you show up with an 80's gamorrean guard costume. Just come out and geek out with us!!! It's all in the name of fun and that's as it should be. Let's have some fun!

Aaron, keep us posted on any events and I'll be happy to attend. I have a few costume that could be adapted to other people so let's get busy!

7. SithLordAaron

May 21, 2002

Mos Alba was trooping before any other costuming organization was around, but thanks for the 411.

8. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Indeed! Back to the roots!!!

9. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    I'm in. Get that thing down brother. Not by halloween either. sooner

10. TC7990

TC7990 Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2007
    I'm down for trooping. It's been way to long.

11. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    Indeed!

The next big thing coming up I believe is bubonicon. Lot's of opportunities to troop there! Mark your calendars!

12. SithLordAaron

May 21, 2002
    Mos Alba isn't making a presence at Bubonicon so I will not be Trooping that event.

13. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    That's a shame you feel that way. Bubonicon is open to everybody. Just because the DRS will be there doesn't mean you have to boycott it.

14. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I did not make it to last years Bubonicon for obvious reasons.....on the other hand I was working like a madman then as well! I probably will not go to this years as well.....sounds like a good weekend for buds to hang out though! [face_peace]

15. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    It is sure to be that!

16. SithLordAaron

May 21, 2002
    I never participated at any Bubonicon when Mos Alba was there. Hanging out with a bunch of authors just doesn't appeal to me. I never said I was boycotting either, no matter how crappy some DRS members treated me.

17. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    Aren't some of the authors kind of like "what are you doing in a costume, you a geek or something?" You Star Wars nerds need to get a life.

Yeah not interested in trooping that

18. TC7990

TC7990 Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2007
    Anyone up for doing a children's event on Saturday, August 25th from 6ish to 8ish? It's during Bubonicon so, it would be for anyone who is not attending (to much $$$ for me).

Let me know and I will get more detail from the organizer and post the details.

Thanks all!!!!

19. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    Would love to but I am working that day. I am off on evens in the month of August. We need to make it for a even day like the 26th.

20. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Aaron has armor?????

I never thought you'd turn to the dark side amigo. But welcome!

=D=

the charity troop thingy sounds good - let us know the details soon!

21. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    Welcome back Wook, long time no messaging

22. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    true, true....

not enough time to surf the web or check out the boards at all. Doesn't help that I have 2 jobs and taking on a new client this week. :rolleyes:

23. TC7990

TC7990 Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2007
    Here are the details...let me know if anyone is intrested and I will contact the organizer. Thanks!

BARNABY BEAR'S STAR GAZER PARTY:

Date: August 25, 2007
    Time: 6:00pm-8:00pm (followed by star gazing at dark!)
    Price: FREE! Please bring a children's book to donate for ABQ Ride's Discover A Book Program! (Receive a Hinkle Family Fun Center Coupon for all book donations.)
    Location: Paradise Hills Park, 5901 Paradise Hills Blvd. NW, West Side Albuquerque

Join HCS Creative Endeavor's for a free educational community event! Barnaby Bear's Star Gazer Party will be held Aug. 25th at the Paradise Hills Park! Join us for star gazing, and educational activities. Barnaby Bear, our big lovable literacy bear, will be the "star" of the evening. He will teach kids about the night sky, read a story, and sign autographs, while spreading the word that "Readers Are Leaders!" There will also be Barnaby Bear photograph sessions during the event!

Many organizations are coming together to provide hands-on fun for families. Activities will be provided by Radio Disney, Rio Grande Astronomical Society, ABQ Rocket Society, Miss New Mexico, Hinkle Family Fun Center, Albuquerque/Bernadillo Library, ABQ Ride, MOMs Club of Ventana Ranch Central, Albuquerque Home Learners. Join the Boy Scouts at their "Camp Adventure" booth. The Girl Scouts will also be at the event to teach kids how to make silly putty as part of their "Girl Scientist" booth! Enjoy ice cream by the Cruisin Cow! The City of ABQ Parks and Recreation will provide a climbing wall and World Balloon Promotions will be at the event with a HOT AIR balloon! An inflatable planetarium will also be available for indoor star gazing at the Paradise Hills Community Center! Barnaby Bear will look forward to seeing you there!

THANK YOU TO THE FOLLOWING EVENT SPONSORS & CONTRIBUTORS: Radio Disney, The Observer, New Mexico Kids Magazine, The Alibi, Velocity Mobile Advertising, Hinkle Family Fun Center & Peter Piper's Pizza! We would also like to thank Joanna Booth's State Farm Office for their contribution to this event!

PLEASE BRING A BOOK TO DONATE!: We will be collecting children's books to donate to ABQ RIDE's "Discover A Book Program" as part of our Barnaby Bear and Books Literacy Program. Books we collect at this event will be placed on the city buses for children to read while riding the City of Albuquerque's Transit system! Hinkle Family Fun Center will offer a coupon in exchange for book donations!

COLORING CONTEST NEWS: Enter Barnaby Bear's Star Gazer Party Coloring Contest! Contest entries will be on display at Peter Piper's Pizza at 9260 Golf Course Rd. NW following the event! Contest winners will receive: a Peter Piper's pizza card, Dion's Gift Certificate, Radio Disney DVDs, free golf at Hinkle Family Fun Center, or buy one get one free bowling at Ten Pins!

24. SithLordAaron

May 21, 2002
    Our bowling league starts back up that night at 5:30. Also my new bucket is still in a million pieces.

Get your warm clothes out Wook 'cause hell has frozen over.

25. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    I'd be up for it. I'll mark my calendar to leave it open!