main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Mos Alba Welcome Thread ? New Members Check in Here

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by karenec1, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Starphantom12

Starphantom12 Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2006
    Name: Kristin
    Birthday: 2/20/86
    Where are you from? Depends on when you ask... the folks are in ABQ, but 9 months of the year I'm in Grand Rapids, Michigan for school!
    How did you find your way to Mos Alba? A few years ago I saw a flier in Cherry Hills Library, checked out the site but didn't join because I knew I'd be going out of town for college. Same story now, but I really want to make time to meet up with other geeks while I'm home between semesters.
    Favorite Star Wars episode: Ack, depends on the day... most days, ESB!
    Favorite Star Wars character: Boba Fett all the way.
    If you could be re-incarnated as an animal, what one would you choose? Has to be a cat. Quiet, but always up to something...
    How's the weather? I'm still in Grand Rapids for a few weeks, 99% of the time it is CLOUDY AND DAMP. Rain is redundant up here, everything is already wet.

I'm out of town a lot but I really do want to get to a few meetings if possible- and if you fine folks will have me, of course! Winter break runs long for me this year (Dec. 15-Jan. 30 or summat like that) so here's hoping. :)

-Kris

2. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    Hello Kristin,
    Thanks so much for stopping by and posting.
    You're more than welcome to come to a meeting and meet us other COOL geeks!!
    Keep checking in for when the next meeting will take place. We also have quite a few events going on with "Toys for Tots" next month as well as our annual Christmas/Holiday/Winter Festival/End-of-the-Year party.

3. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    welcome Starphantom12

if you want to meet some people some of the 501st members will be doing toys for tots next weekend at the Eubank and I-40 Wal*Mart from 10-2 pm... currently saturday looks more full than sunday... but that could change...

-lor

4. mangoman

mangoman Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2007
    Name: Jeff
    Birthday: 2/3/72
    Where are you from All over(currently hanging flight helmet in Socorro NM again after an 8 year absence)
    How did you find your way to Mos Alba? Member of Rebel Legion
    Favorite Star Wars episode: New Hope
    Favorite Star Wars character: Wedge Antilles
    If you could be re-incarnated as an animal, what one would you choose? uhmm a tasty one?
    How's the weather? Considerably less like North Carolina's(which is good thing)

So of the few things I chose not to let movers take was my X-wing flight suit.

5. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    well welcome again Jeff...

I'll try and keep up to date on the Rebel Legion board with any "troop" information that the 501st and the Rebels are doing in Albuquerque. and the Greater state of New Mexico.

-lor

6. JaceMardu

JaceMardu Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2005
    Welcome Jeff!!!

Time to knock the dust off that helmet!! We have a troop coming up on the 17th. Can you make it in from Socorro? I'm sure we could fix you up with a place to stay for the night.

James

7. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    whoo! Hey mangoman! I'm not a native Socorro-an, but graduated from Tech back in 99. I miss the place, both Tech and Socorro...

8. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    Welcome Jeff! Glad you found us!

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Name: Jason
    Birthday: 22 years old
    Where are you from? Littleton, Colorado
    How did you find your way to Mos Alba? Career move
    Favorite Star Wars episode: Revenge of the Sith, The Phanton Meance, and Return of the Jedi (all tied for first place)
    Favorite Star Wars character: Luke Skywalker...closely followed by Corran Horn
    If you could be re-incarnated as an animal, what one would you choose? Ah, probably a Eagle or Tiger
    How's the weather? Just poured cats and dogs yesterday. :p

10. Starkiller454

Starkiller454 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 20, 2005
    Name: Octavia
    Birthday: March 10
    Where are you from? Albuquerque, New Mexico
    How did you find your way to Mos Alba? browsing on theforce.net
    Favorite Star Wars episode: V
    Favorite Star Wars character: Obi-Wan and R2
    If you could be re-incarnated as an animal, what one would you choose? Mongoose
    How's the weather? Sunny, hot

Hi, my name is Octavia...I use to post a long time ago (year and a half....maybe). I also haven't been to a meeting in a really long time. However, I think I should like to start attending again. Maybe some of you will remember me, haha. Anyway, if you don't, I look forward to meeting you guys...

11. Starkiller454

Feb 20, 2005
    Hello, my name is Sam...I am with Octavia. I don't have an account yet so I will post via her account. Anyway, I'd like to become a member as well and I look forward to seeing you guys as well at the next meeting, event, etc.

Sam

12. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Hey Octavia! Welcome Sam!!!

Jess here....remember me! You came to our house for a party....was it last year! Some of us are still here. I was away as well for the past year. Great to see you back!

13. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Wecome all, always good for new peope. This is Lord Scooter, don't know if we have met or not.

14. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Hola, welcome aboard. Hey look, another Jason!

15. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    OCTAVIA!!!! How are you doing? Long time no see!

16. Starkiller454

Feb 20, 2005
    Hey everyone...Hey Jess, Hey Bob! Everything is going good. I think that party at Jess's house may have been the last event i went too...anyway, lol, i'm glad you remember me!!

17. BloodClaw

BloodClaw Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2001
    Those where great day's :_|

18. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Do not cry Joe....those days are going to come back! [face_dancing]

19. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Not to sound all negative, but how's that old saying go? You can't go back home again?

Despite best intentions, it'll never be the same as it once was. People's priorities have changed, other responsibilities have started, not to mention too many bridges burned and all that.

But that's not to say that Mos Alba can't be a thriving chapter again. But it's going to take a lot of work for friendships and trust to be rebuilt.

I'd like to see it happen. This is where it all started for me.

20. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    [image=http://ironteam.net/archives/yoda.jpg]
    That....is why you fail. Ok....not really! :D

Some friendships and trusts will never be rebuilt...that is true! But the friendships that have survived have said it is a time for a revival of a sort. It may not ever get to what it was 1.5 years ago.......but we will try! [:D] I for one said I would not come back......but some members kept asking me to come back and start posting! So, I said I would give it a try! Smile.....we are just having fun! Happy Days!

[image=http://www.ferristech.net/users/mcever/journal/archives/fonz.jpg]

21. JaceMardu

JaceMardu Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2005
    The world moves on. As it always will. I've made so many great friends here and am truly grateful for being part of such a group. I wouldn't worry about "growing" the group. Things are fine the way they are and as they change we change with them. Whether it's 2 or 200, it's all the same to me!

22. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Couldn't have said it better myself!
    However I for one don't care to see the old days back.

23. BloodClaw

BloodClaw Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2001
    I for one, I Miss the old Days, the BBQ at Bob's house that summer that was great we had like 100 people there, the BBQ at Jess's when we worked on Armor and drank into the night. Greg Moss would break out the Guitar and play. At Sean's house when Dave played Pink Floyd wishing you where here, we all sung along , BBQ at James's House's , at Karen's House , The Christmas Parties, The New Year's Eve Party at Cyndi's house, Roman's we sat out side hung out playing Guitars and part took of the sprits. Great times , The ROTC release at Hastings we trooped there , and Katrina Troop was Wonderful. The Bowling teams where Bob,Ben team won, Those times the great Friends I miss. =D=

24. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I agree...those were the days......but those days are still here.....just not on that grand scale! I do not think we could achieve those numbers again....but you never know....I am optimistic! At least we still have the cantina.....from there it will grow.

[image=http://www.akrondesign.com/foundation/images/items/beerglasses.jpg]
    [image=http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/65/77/23037765.jpg]

25. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003

Can't forget the times we Trooped for CMN at Wallyworld. I can't thank you guys enough for that. I got into a conversation with someone who is a big SW fan the other day. I asked her if she had heard of Mos Alba and she said "yeah. Weren't they the group that did the symphony"?...word.