main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Mos Alba's Very Own Harry Potter Thread!!! Spoilers exist, please use caution. [UPDATE -HBP]

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by varza, Mar 24, 2004.

1. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    man, only 49 more days... i guess i will have to reread the books again... oh darn!

So, karnec, are you a Ron & Heromine fan or a Harry & Heromine fan?

2. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Hey Jess, do you need to borrow any of my DVDs again?
    Have you and Yvonne seen Prisoner of Azkaban yet?

3. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    We saw it...loved it

4. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Ron & Hermione (even though Jo said it wouldn't happen) There is too much tension and fighting between the two to tell me otherwise. I think that Harry and Hermione are more the brother/sister type relationship. The fact that Hermi's relationship with Viktor didn't bother Harry but drove Ron nuts gave me another clue.

You??

5. karenec1

May 16, 2005
  6. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Are you a leaky fan, karenec1?

Yeah, Ron and Hermi are going to end up together. Jo's set that up so good between them. Any other love interest would piss me off.

So, who do you think's gonna bite it in HBP?

7. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    I usually frequent Mugglenet, but I have been known to pop into TLC from time to time.

I think Dean Thomas is going to bite it. I don't know why, but he has become more prevalent, but not too much like Cedric was. Plus, Jo didn't seem indicate it was a major character like she did in OOTP.

8. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    thats great! hahaha! The t-shirt...

yeah, I am a R&H fan as well, I can only see H&H getting together if Ron is gone. For me the clue is when Harry compares them to mr & mrs weasley...

man, we should have a HP marathon day sometime soon...

I have not been able to get into the message boards at either of the sites. i have posted before and read but I just can't keep it up.

9. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    My time is already sucked up between TFN, the Mountain Garrison board, and the bikerscout.net boards. Thank god I only have to moderate two of the three.

So, yeah, I don't even read the forums at leaky or anywhere else for that matter. Just the news posts...

10. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    I only read the HP news post as well as some of the editorials (the U-Bend on mugglenet is too funny). I don't have time to keep up with everything between work, kids, and a masters degree.

11. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    ah, the life of a mod! I can understand that... mod one forum and set up to mod another board when its up and running...

12. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    anyone going to any of the release parties?

13. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    has anyone here been the offical JK Rowlings website?

I am looking in the rubbish area that my friends pointed out and there is a sheet of paper that has harry & Heromine on one side and the Ron on the other by himself...

14. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    Really? hmmmm. do you have the link? Coincidence???

I want to go to a release party, but I will be in the UK when it is released, so I get to read the UK version while over there and have the US version in my mailbox waiting for me to return.

15. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    jkrowling.com... when you enter the site there will be a coffee cup. Next to the coffee cup click on the gumwrapper that highlights... that will take you to the rubbish bin. The paper I am talking about is up in the right hand top corner.

I wish I could direct link but its a total flash site.

16. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    I haven't visited Jo's site in a while. I had been caught up with all the easter eggs by the release of OOTP. Guess I need to go back...

Karenec1, why are you gonna be in the UK next month?

17. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    I am going to be there on vacation, Scotland particularly. Me and the fam are going from July 9-22. Why? Need me to get something?

18. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    neesa jealous! I love scotland! where are you going there?

19. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Who are you flying with? Before I moved to New Mexico...My wife Yvonne and I worked for British Airways....it is to bad we never made it to Scotland or Ireland.. :(

20. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    We are going to central/highlands of Scotland. We are staying at the dorms at Sterling University and my cousin works for the ScotRail so we have train passes. No real agenda, just going to visit family and be away for a while. It'll be a nice change.

"I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth."

Oh, and we are flying American Airlines. They had the best deal and got us there the quickest. I love British Airways. They have great service.

21. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    ah man... I am jealous. Can't think of anything specific other then I hope you can make it to Inverness, I love that town

22. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    I think we will since my husband and kids have never been and we need to go to Loch Ness. It has gotten kind of touristy there though. I love Oban. That is my favorite. You can take the ferry to Mull then to Iona. Gorgeous.

23. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    it may be touristy but its fun. I think there is a boat you can take to or from Castle Urqhart (the oldest standing castle in the UK, I can bring pics of it if you want to the meeting) on the loch and its a lot of fun and a great way to see the loch and going thru the canals are fun too.

I haven't been to Odan but I want to.

24. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    I love Inverness, but the last time I went they were building this huge vistors center for the Monster. My mom is Scottish and I have a boatload of relatives over there so I go alot. So I figured it was time to take the family. My mom is going as well, so she will babysit while John and I go play at some distilleries.

25. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    lol! i don't blame you on that one... don't blame you at all and lucky! family in Scotland...