Abq Mos Alba's Very Own Harry Potter Thread!!! Spoilers exist, please use caution. [UPDATE -HBP]

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by varza, Mar 24, 2004.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. karenec1 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I looked at jkrowling.com for that paper. Definately interesting. I never looked at any of the background papers before. Reolution is kinda crappy on a laptop.
  2. ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan

star 4
    yeah mine too... i am gonna try looking again tonight when i get home and see if i can make it out a little better.
  3. karenec1 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    New GOF picture of Ron, Harry, & Hermione at the[link=http://www.mugglenet.com/viewer/?image_location=/gof/gofcampsite.jpg]Quddich World Cup[/link]
  4. ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan

star 4
    sweet pic... still think he looks like lennon and Ron looks like a Ramone
  5. karenec1 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    LMAO. I never thought about Ron looking like a Ramone.
  6. ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan

star 4
    yeah i saw it during hte premier of the last movie - looking at the pics...

man, i was checking out the covers of the english versions of hte books... they have completely different versions for children and adults
  7. karenec1 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I know, they are so cool. I am half tempted to blow a wad of cash while in the UK and get the whole set of the adult and kid versions of HP. I don't know if I can resist.
  8. ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I wouldn't blame you... I think I am just gonna order mine from the amazon.co.uk... then I can get some money to my other message board
  9. ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan

star 4
    My friend just sent me a copy of the cover for the deluxe edition of the HBP, looks like Harry and Dumbledore are in the forbidden forest.

[image=http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0439791324.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg]
  10. karenec1 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Oh no, is there another set of books I have to buy?

Anyway, the artwork looks sweet.
  11. ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan

star 4
    trust me i understand the feeling completely... i have so many books to buy from england and everywhere else...

okay, back to reading chamber... only 38 more days left!!!

12. karenec1 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    So are you going to get all the books read in time? I want to so badly, but this damn class is consuming so much of my reading free time, that I can't get them all in. Shoot. :(
  13. ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I started SS on Saturday, I am almost done with Chamber... shouldn't be a prob
  14. karenec1 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    So which one is your favorite? GOF is the best so far (in my opinion, of course)
  15. ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan

star 4
    i don't really have a favorite. I have fav parts in each... its so dang hard to choose. I might be one of the few though that loved Order of the Phoenix
  16. karenec1 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    That's my husband's favorite.
  17. ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan

star 4
    a friend of mine hated it and told me the other day that if this one is the same he is going to stop reading the books.
  18. karenec1 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    what? is he on crack? wow, even if they were bad, I would still want to know what happens in the end.
  19. ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan

star 4
    yeah, he really hated the last book. barely got thru it... but i have heard that from quite a bit of people. seems that often in a long series book 5 seems to be a changing point
  20. karenec1 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, I guess I can see it. Reading the Cronicles of Narnia, I had a hard time getting through The Horse and His Boy, and blew through 6 & 7. Haven't really read those three since. I love the first 4 though.
  21. ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan

star 4
    yeah... i never got thru the 5th book in the series and that was Years ago... it was the 5th book that killed VC andrews for me as well
  22. karenec1 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Never been a big VC Andrews fan.
  23. ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I was in middle school and then I stopped... never got into it again.

So, are you going to be getting a UK version while you are there?
  24. karenec1 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Oh, you know it. (At least the HPB anyway. We'll see about $ and space buying the whole series). I am there from July 9-22, so I will hopefully have it read by the time I get home, and I have a US version pre-ordered, so I will read that version when I get back.
  25. ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan

star 4
    questin: a couple that I know and am friends with is getting married in January and I am trying to decide on a present that would be appropriate for them and I was thinking of getting them a set of the deluze versions of each of the books or a set of the British translations. What do you think? BTW, they are HUGE fans of the series.

And another topic brought up to me: if you could ask Rowlings one question and she had to answer it what would it be?
Moderators: DieWompRatDie