main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Mos Eisley cantina - drinking buddies circa 43-33BBY?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by chcklst, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chcklst

chcklst Jedi Padawan

Dec 21, 2013
    First post, so please be gentle! ;)
    I'm considering commissioning an illustration of the Mos Eisley (Chalmun's) Cantina, circa 43-33BBY (just before Phantom Menace). I'm an EU neophyte, so I was hoping someone might be able to suggest:
    1. which A New Hope cantina characters could have been drinking there 33-43 years before their original movie appearance
    2. which EU characters might also have frequented the bar
    Many thanks,

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, if I remember right, the Wookiee who owns the bar at the time of 0BBY would of been a patron back then. I cannot remember if he was also an employee or not though. As for the others, that is some good research tasks. Have you thought of asking some of the people in Lit or looked at the books for that era? I know the Wook also has a listing of patrons from the movie scenes, both original and post alterations as a couple patrons were added and deleted.

3. chcklst

chcklst Jedi Padawan

Dec 21, 2013
    Thanks Mitth! Wookipedia does say Chalmun purchased it, but does not elaborate when. I suspect tracking down a date of purchase might be difficult, specific dates might be buried away in old 'fact files' and Star Wars Insider articles. If the Cantina features in that Clone Wars animated show, then that might give a fair indication as to who might have been around pre- Phantom Menace. As for ANH customers, 'Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina' might be helpful, in conjunction with crosschecking the lifespans of the races that appear in the ANH scenes.

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Tales is a great book, but beyond the 'Soup' drinker at the counter I cannot think of any that it denoted as being regulars to the planet for more than a decade.

5. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Sorry I can't help with the question, but this is a cool idea. Keep us updated. ;)

6. chcklst

chcklst Jedi Padawan

Dec 21, 2013
    Aurra Sing would be an interesting character to populate the bar with. Jango Fett wouldn't have arrived until 32BBY though. Are there any other background Phantom Menace characters in the Tatooine scenes that might have been partial to a blue milk mocktail? Wookipedia suggests that podracer Gasgano might have become a pickpocket targeting the cantina.

7. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Didn't Sing visit a bar in Outlander?

8. chcklst

chcklst Jedi Padawan

Dec 21, 2013
    Haven't read it. Wikipedia lists Jabba's complex as a location. Might that be what you're thinking of?
    Arleil Schous might have been around then. He's described as an aging Defel in A New Hope, and his race lives for 90 years...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.