main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mos Eisley Music?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by EmpireSB, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmpireSB

EmpireSB Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2008
    Does anyone know where I can find the music that plays when Luke/Obi-Wan/R2/C-3PO first enter Mos Eisley on the land speeder? It first starts when they first enter the city up until they come across the stormtroopers. Its a 40 second cue and it isn't on the album. I don't think it was tracked from the other two albums, either. Is it missing music? Anyone know? Thanks!

2. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    The second half the of track "Mos Eisley Spaceport" from the Special Edition Soundtrack?

I think maybe the track "Inner City" from the OST contained part of that cue.

I'm not at home right now, so I can't check my albums. I'll try to remember when I get home.

3. EmpireSB

EmpireSB Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2008
    Thank you for your reply. I'll check out "Inner City" from the OST. That music was added to SE/2004 versions when they extended the scene. In the original unaltered movie, that music isn't heard.. what you hear is the music that appears on the SE album. I swear I've heard it before, but I'm not sure where. I thought maybe they tracked it from some unused ROTJ music, but I can't seem to find it. The second part of the "Mos Eisley Spaceport" track on the SE album is when they come up to the stormtroopers and when they are approaching the Cantina.

4. EmpireSB

EmpireSB Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2008
    I checked "Inner City" and it isn't on there. Here is the music that plays during the scene: http://www.sendspace.com/file/gzynxi. At 18 seconds there seems to be an edit, so the original cue may be longer or it came from two different tracks. Could it have come from a completely different soundtrack or is it just unreleased music?

5. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    OK, sorry, I mixed this up. This cue is actually in the second half of the SE track "Shootout In The Cell Bay/Dianoga". It appears in the OST track "The Walls Converge". I believe it was scored for the scene where the Dianoga grabs Luke in the trash compactor, but was cut from the original film.

6. EmpireSB

EmpireSB Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2008
    Ah, okay! Thank you! I never thought to look there, but I knew it had to be somewhere. I guess I wasn't looking hard enough. Thank you again!

7. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004
    Okay, that actually makes a lot of sense. For the longest time I've wondered where the Dianoga cue occured in the film, but have never been able to figure it out. Thanks.

8. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    But it's not intuitive that the cue for the Mos Eisley scene was taken from that unused cue. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.