main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Mos Eisley Spaceport Cantina

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MotherPalpatine, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danakin_Skywalker

Danakin_Skywalker Jedi Master star 1

Jan 30, 2005
    HAHAHAHAHAHA That Was HILERIOUS!!!!!![face_laugh]

2. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    true dat.

3. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    The Wizard and I went to see 300 last night with Yodaa. I liked it and I am not just referring to someone's bare...well basicly bare everything.[face_hypnotized] Of course at one point I thought I had stumbled into StarGate, but that movie didn't have CGI elephants.

Question--did the Spatans really wear so little?:confused: I'm not complaining, just thinking about the possilities of sunburns, etc.

4. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    actually, in the graphic novel, gerard butler, er, i mean, the spartans, wore much, much less.

5. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    How could there be less? Leather thong, panties...whatever they would have called those....wait, loincloth. That is the word. Leather thong loincloth.

Or shorter capes?

6. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    try nothing.

7. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    :eek: That is impractical. Sorry, that just does not seem like a good way to go about fighting. I'm trying to imagine 300 Spartans going into battle sans clothing......[face_thinking] ,:-B ,o_O .

The flabby thighs jiggling were enough of a distraction.

8. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Not loincloth, nor thong... Those were ancient leather Speedos!!

That's right, the Spartans were my people.

Great movie. I had no idea the Spartans were also just a bit Scottish.

[face_monkey]

9. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    Greek Scotts would equal Gretts or Scroks?

And now I see that they would have been your people, oh Great Emperor Speedo, the first.

But did any have groin tattoos?

10. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    I think Skrots. And none were truly sexy for none had groin tattoos.

11. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    Unlike someone we know?;)

12. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    Cherie and I are not going to be able to make the Fan Day, since it's Swallows Day weekend in San Juan Capistrano and we have an annual commitment to that (by virtue of her family, etc. -- her uncle and dad both used to be Mayors of that city...).

BUT! Bettye, you and Barry have GOT to try to come down on a turnaround, boy do I have something to show you! I found a TON of old photos and albums from cons I attended from 1976 through about 1985, and they are FULL of oldie-but-goodie photos of you, me, Cherie and those guys, Kim, Josie, pretty much everyone we old-schoolers all know. My my, how different most of us look!!!! Shriek!

Kim stated on SCFF that she, Josie and apparently quite a few of the SCFF'ers are scheduled to go to Disneyland/CSC the last weekend of this month, so I think it'd be a stitch to 'round up the usual suspects' and show particularly the padawans, what we all used to look like! Our costumes! Our hair! Truly scary.

So I'll haul them along, you HAVE to try and come down, we can go out for dinner/drinks again or something, maybe Disneyland, whatever's good!

Love,
    Mary

13. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    Well, we may try to make this event also as we have been wanting to do Disneyland again.

Speaking of old photos I found a few a couple of weeks ago from the first "big" convention I went to in 1978. My first 'Douggie' con and the first time I saw the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Memories..... Anyway there are a few pictures of Kim as Leia (this was before she began doing Han) and pictures of the friends we where with on that trip-Mark and Tina. I don't think you ever met them as they did not go to many conventions.

Wow, talk about memories. All four of us were in a college play; Harvey. Battlestar and Star Wars were running high at this time as was Logan's Run. It was November-TurkeyCon. Mark was doing Han and as I said Kim was Leia. She had worn the Han costume once in October of that year at a Halloween party but she had been doing Leia as part of a promotion involving the Shakespearian Festival which was here during the summer. Mark had done Vader and Han was done by Ken Jensen, whom I met for the first time that summer. Mark and I knew each other from school and I had met Kim the year before at another event. I always thought Kim made a good Leia.

That was a fun convention. My next convention was Easter weekend of the next year-1979. I do believe that is when we met as we had a room next to each other. I would like to see these pictures and show those padawans how it was done.

14. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    I think I got up too early. I need more coffee.

15. ScootyPuffJr

Jan 11, 2007
    Cherie and I just got back from Vegas at about 4:00 a.m. today -- I wanted to give a mini review of Spamalot (without spoiling anything)...

Basically...it's fantastic. But also weird.

First of all, the WYNN hotel (known locally as the "Lose") is probably one of the most expensive hoity-toity hotels in the world, and they cater to a lot of rich-arse poseurs.

The Grail theater (the decor outside of which is pure Python and fantastic) holds I think about 1500, somewhere around there. So we all go, the place is packed. Now there are about *50* 'true' Python fans in the audience. So it's like going with a gazillion people who think "yes, this is funny and weird, and hahahahaha.." but they have NO idea what they're seeing and laughing at. Hopefully you'll have python fans next to you so you can all bond, but don't bet on it (heh).

For instance (small spoiler of the theater entry) -- they have the "Albatross" vendor in a case, complete with Albatross. Literally heard this from a lady walking next to us: "Oh, does one of the characters serve a duck to someone?" Cherie and I just looked at each other. Talk about Castle Arrrgh...

So basically most of the people are going because it's "big on Broadway right now" and about 5% are going/and-or/get all the jokes because they're true Python fans.

What the theater needs to do is have an all Python-fan night, maybe a special event. Maybe a special midnight show. Sigh. But it was great.

And we shot machine guns. (Not at the show!) There's a gun store where you can rent automatic weapons and fire them at a range. For an Uzi and Colt 9 mm SWAT rifle it cost us about $120 for rental and 200 rounds of ammo (we traded off midway so we could compare). I've never fired a gun before in my life, and it was AWESOME!!!!!!

Mary

16. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    Hey it sounds as if you had a lot of fun. Why does it seems that only in Vegas can one 'rent' an AK-47. Although it sounds like something you would do in Texas. Fired many a gun and would be tempted myself. We should plan some sort of trip to Spamalot.

Here we have our Renaissance Farie this weekend. And in Clovis there is the Clovis Rodeo parade in which Barry will be marching with the 501st. So Saturday will be busy driving up to Clovis then back for the Faire.

Oh, the California Science Center party was great. The food was excellent and they served a drink called a Jabbatini-green with a Gummy Worm in the bottom. There was a DJ and several of us danced. The Science Center also gave out gifts which was really nice and much more then we expected. One part of the gifts is a coffee thermos specially made for us and a small bag of coffee also in a special bag. Funny but the Wizard got ground coffee and I got coffee beans. We also received a years membership to the center.

Truthfully, after everything they have done for us on the Fan Days, etc this was not necessary and I for one appreciate what they have done. I think just about everyone agrees.

Anyway, CIV is just around the corner. Should I start packing now?

17. ScootyPuffJr

Jan 11, 2007
    Adult Swim bumped last night that there is going to be an all-Star Wars episode of Robot Chicken this summer, with both George Lucas and RC regular Mark Hamill providing voices. Can't wait. The George-Bush-as-Darth-Vader (on the Empire cloud city gantry, and trying a "Jedi Mind Trick" on Laura Bush in bed) was hilarious.

And as always, Family Guy rules. "Something something something dark side, something something something complete..."

Last night's episode of FG was particularly jaw-dropping, Stewie got off a couple of good ones which were of the "did I hear that correctly?" ilk. The best one: Lois has disguised Stewie as a girl, and has entered him in a child beauty pageant. Stewie's comment: "Ah, yes, a first-class ticket to death in a (rhymes-with-demon) stained basement..." Few things render Cherie speechless, but that did it. I just about did a spit-take on the cat. Sometimes I wonder if the Fox censor/S&P guys are totally deaf or totally clueless...bravo!

Mary

18. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    Hearing things like this make me miss television.

No, we are not television snobs but for some reason we are unable to pick up or keep any sort of channel; Cable, Dish, regular. After 15 minutes it begins a strange noise then the picture is gone. Refuses to play any kind of tape but loves DVD's, so that is what we watch.

But will look forward to youtube.;)

19. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    Found this on YouTube last night. I found it very enjoyable and toe-tapping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyBwt9C_5bc&mode=related&search=

20. ScootyPuffJr

Jan 11, 2007
    I spy with my little eye -- Barry as Dooku in the new SWI 501st group shot photo. Betty, are you a Tusken in the back there? It was hard to tell. The whole shot was 'most impressive'!

Mary-SPJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.