Mos Espa?

Discussion in 'The Phantom Menace' started by Rcatz21, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rcatz21 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Anyone know why GL made Mos Espa the popular scene in TPM instead of an already established Mos Esley(sp)....I think it would have added more depth to the city in ANH if Mos Esley was featured for the podrace and what not.
  2. Matt-trooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    I disagree. Using Mos Espa adds depth to the planet and shows that there is more than just one city on tatooine(2 if you include Anchorhead)
  3. rechedelphar Force Ghost

star 6
    I think Mos Espa ia cooler
  4. Rcatz21 Jedi Knight

star 1
    yeah, i can see your point, its just that in the OT kenobi says mos esliey(sp) is the most ruthless spaceport and we barely get a glimpse of it. It would have been nice to see it in its hay day before everythign went to ruins.
  5. Cloned_Sidious Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    I like Mos Eisley much more than Mos Espa, but still in my opinion it was better choice.
  6. The_General_Grievous Jedi Master

star 4
    well if they hade shown mos esly ensted of mos espa the when kenobi is on the cliff with luke you should have been able to see the ppodracing area
  7. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
  8. Rcatz21 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just rewatched the phantom menace....mos espa looks kinda rough.
  9. Matt-trooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    Has anyone seen the episode 1 concept art painting of mos espa which had it as a circular city dug into the ground like the Homestead? I thought that was a cool idea.
  10. AnakinBrego Jedi Master

star 3
    Matt-trooper that idea will be used in Episode 3 for the planet Utapau. http://starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/artofrev/2005/01/artofrev20050103.html
  11. Matt-trooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    Cool. I hadn't yet seen a picture of the sinkholes
  12. orangefuzz Jedi Master

star 4
    You have to remember that this is an entire PLANET with thousands (probably) of settlements. It did add more depth to Tatooine I thought.
  13. Darth_Thump Force Ghost

star 2
    yeah, i can see your point, its just that in the OT kenobi says mos esliey(sp) is the most ruthless spaceport and we barely get a glimpse of it. It would have been nice to see it in its hay day before everythign went to ruins.

Mos Eisley had a hey day?

I've just always assumed that the varoious settlements in and around Tatooine always have that look due to it being a barren desert.
  14. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Plus, what happened to the pod racing arena etc by ANH?
    Plus, with Mos Eisley being so far from Mos Espa, it adds a bit more credibility (not much) for Luke not having heard of Anakin Skywalker.
  15. BothofUs Jedi Master

star 4
    I think that the lack of the importance of Pod Racing to Luke's area near Mos Eisley is why they centered around a different town on Tatooine.
  16. DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Plus, what happened to the pod racing arena etc by ANH?

That's because TPM was filmed some 22 years after ANH. The concept didn't exist in 1977.
  17. orangefuzz Jedi Master

star 4
    I watched TPM commentary last night and Lucas mentions his reasons for making it Mos Espa instead of Mos Eisley. It's when Qui-Gon and Co. first enter the city if your interested.
  18. michaelbacca Jedi Knight

star 1
    I thought it was great to see another city on Tatooine. This could be totally incorrect but it was just a rumor I heard years ago. Weren't all 6 scripts written at the same time? I have been thinking that since I was about 8. If that is incorrect then someone please correct me.
  19. ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Mos Espa is better and a whole lot bigger.
  20. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That's because TPM was filmed some 22 years after ANH. The concept didn't exist in 1977.

*pats your head*

And Coruscant is one big city!

If Mos Espa was Mos Eisley, the question would still stand as intended. Especially considering the SE of ANH.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.