main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Mosalba.Com

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by nmfiredawg, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Since we have this domain now, if anybody wants an email account set up with this domain let me know. You can either do webbased email or I will send you the setup for outlook and stuff. We have 500 available. I am thinking of the following as address and this is how it is set up now. smathena@mosalba.com.

They will be set up for now with 10 MB of space.

2. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    I thought you were going to forward this to the actual website? Because anyone going here is not going to get any information about the group from it. Can you at least put a link to it? So, that anyone who goes there can at least find out about the group?

3. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    I had the official link button there, but also added another hyperlink on the page.

4. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    okay cause when I saw offical site, I figured it was the starwars.com, didn't even click on it because that place is full of spoilers - since they are the offical star wars site and all. maybe the wording of current site or something or maybe something like "Find out more about Mos Alba at our current site."

I know being annoying, but unfortunatly its who I am.

5. Outpour

Outpour Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2005
    It would probably best to just set up a redirect.

6. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Scott, for now, could you please do a redirect to http://mosalba.redlor.net?

Thanks!

7. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    I'll try again but the only problem with that is I am trying to do a subdomain on it, and when I redirect it won't let me do anything with the subdomains.

8. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Hi, Scott
    I'll help ya out with it, email or PM me with the username/pwd for the domains you bought and we'll get it sorted...
    Thanks!
    Ken

9. Outpour

Outpour Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2005
    hm just create an index.php page in the root http directiry (that is accessible to users) and do a HEADER redirect.

If you want the code let me know.

10. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    not to be rude but...

who is the mos alba webmaster?

why not take a second and look to the left of what your reading right now... and look under my name...

not to sound ungrateful nmfiredawg but you bought the .com with out really discussing it with bob or wook - you know the people in charge or maybe you did, but I know I didn't hear about it going through official channels. and now your creating a new mos alba website for what reason I don't really know... to confuse people perhaps?

but this group does have people in charge that make decisions for the group and I hate to say it but your not one of them, I'm not really one of them either despite me having a "title" and you can ask bob this I forward him every piece of email I get in the mos alba mail box...

so unless people want me to take down the "official" maybe you should just auto forward it to the mosalba.redlor.net site that has been doing us good service for over two years.

-lor

11. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Lor, I think he knows who the webmaster is.

KC, I'm sure he knows how to a redirect.

I don't think Scott was trying to offend anybody by purchasing the domain. I asked him to see if he could redirect the www.mosalba.com domain to the regular site. I have every faith it'll get done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.