main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Most beautiful theme

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Jedi_Apprentice_Celt, Sep 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Apprentice_Celt

Jedi_Apprentice_Celt Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2001
    What do you think the most beautiful theme in the "Star Wars" movies? Not the coolest, but the most beautiful. I would probably say the Force theme.

2. EmpressMara

EmpressMara Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2001
    I think the Force theme is very beautiful, but sad. Some of the most emotional scenes have been scored with it. My favorites are the binary sunset, the finale of TESB and Vader's funeral pyre scene. I like Han Solo and the Princess for the same reasons. It's the most romantic theme, but it is also tragic. Princess Leia's Theme is my favorite because it really describes her character: passionate, pure, noble, and beautiful. I also like Luke and Leia. The scene in the Ewok village when Luke reveals their father's identity is wonderfully scored. That was the big "romantic" theme of the ROTJ soundtrack. It's the same sort of melancholy "love" theme as Han Solo and the Princess, only this time it's the love of a brother and sister that is being beautifully described. Yoda's Theme also deserves to be mentioned. It can be played in many different ways, in order to reflect the Jedi Master's playful or serious moods. My favorite Yoda-moment is when he levitates Luke's X-Wing. Magnificent!

3. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    For me, it would have to Princess Leia's theme - ANH:SE Soundtrack, Disc 2: Track 1.

Very sweeping, very romanitic.

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I thought the Love Theme was pretty beautiful. It's one of my favorites too!

5. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    I'd have to agree with Happy Ninja about Leia's Theme only because it's the one I played the most since I first got the SW soundtrack back in '78. When I was watching the Bill Moyers interview with Lucas in '99 for TPM, I was surprised they played that theme during the closing credits. Very beautiful.

Second for me would have to be Luke and Leia's Theme from ROTJ and lastly, Yoda's Theme from ESB.

6. JJDF413

JJDF413 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2001
    i love luke and leia

7. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001
    Abandoned in the Woods

... [face_plain]

8. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    The force theme

9. ChimealHeltei

ChimealHeltei Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    The "Brother and sister" theme is very beautiful, too. Especially, when it's played in the end credits of ROTJ...

10. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I'd have to go with the Brother and Sister theme....very deep and emotional, but not in the romantic sorta way. For me, that's what the Star Wars movies are about, the deep personal connections people make. That theme captures it perfectly

11. bagelpuss

bagelpuss Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2001
    I've always found the Cloud City music to be absolutely beautiful, with those haunting sopranos and the woodwind crescendos.

12. andygri

andygri Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2001
    OMG You're tragic. V

13. Starfox

Starfox Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2001
    Yoda's theme.

Actually, there's so many emotionally touching, beautiful themes that I can't choose one amongst all of them :)

The soundtracks have always been one of the best parts of SW - they're truly classic, and not many movies are in the same category of 'blessedly wonderfully soundtracked movies'.

14. RogueJaina

RogueJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    "Luke and Leia" is my fave piece of SW music. I used to just sit there listening over and over, crying because it is so beautiful. (Okay, I admit I am wierd, sentimental, and a total geek. So what?!?!?)

15. Waning Drill

Waning Drill Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 30, 1999
    The Imperial March circa Vader's death. Has a sense of bittersweet finality to it.

16. sweetheart

sweetheart Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Han Solo and the Princess...it's romantic and lovely in the beginning and then moves to passionate and heartbreaking during the carbonite scene...

17. JediGuy_Bob

JediGuy_Bob Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2001
    Yoda's theme. It has both the seriousnees that a Jedi master needs plus there is a light hearted side to it that makes it fun to listen to.

18. Commander__Wright

Commander__Wright Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2000
    Definately Leia's theme.

19. jewlmc

jewlmc Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Han and Leia's theme..

Anakin's theme. (With the bit of the imperial march near the end.. chilling!)

Luke's (The main theme)

The driod motiff

Duel of the Fates

20. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    ~Leia's theme- that song will definately be played at my wedding!

~Anakin's Theme

~Han and Leia theme

~Force theme or Luke's Theme

21. melbatoast

melbatoast Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2001
    I would say the complete "Leia's theme" from ANH. It's so sad, yet strong, passionate. I listen to it over and over.

I do like the Force theme too - that would be my second favorite.

22. Jenkwombat

Jenkwombat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2001

"Leia's Theme" and "The Force Theme".

"The Force Theme" moves me every time it's played, whether fast, slow, loud or quiet....

23. Shloz

Shloz Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2001
    The Force theme. Williams does such incredible things with it - solemn, wistful, tense, triumphant and even grieving.
    The best renditions are the sunset scene in ANH and the pyre scene in ROTJ.

As for my second best - I'll go with Luke's theme (aka the main SW theme)!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.