main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Most depressing part of Prequels

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by i_know_da_Force, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i_know_da_Force

i_know_da_Force Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    Whats the saddest part in the first three episodes?

2. JFettG

JFettG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    I would have to say the Jedi Purge or the moment on Mustafar when Anakin realizes what he is doing or when he physically hurts Padme.

3. Darth_Ares-Lido

Darth_Ares-Lido Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    ^^ Nailed it: Jedi Purge baby, made me cry(on the inside)

When once a great race of warriors is subjected to such a heartless betrayal by the very soldiers the fight side by side with, well it is the most depressing thing I can think of. Yoda's strength falters and he seems to fall on his knees, much like OB1 in ANH, Yoda embodies the sadness of an animal on the verge of extinction. Nothing in any of the movies touched me like Yoda's expression on Kashyyk.

4. BarbequedMaceWindu

BarbequedMaceWindu Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2005
    I have to say it is when Anakin is laying on the river bank and then catches on fire. In a humorous way it reminds me of OJ Simpson in the Naked Gun when he is doing that sting operation on the boat. He tries to kick the door in but gets his leg caught. Then he steps in a bear trap. Then he puts his hand on a hot stove...

5. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    The Jedi Purge I expected. Anakin turning to the dark side, I knew was coming. Padme's death was inevitable.

But Shmi's death? I could never have predicted that. Connected with her tragic goodbye to Anakin in TPM, it's an emotional wringer.

6. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Padme's funeral. It's the saddest scene in the whole saga,IMHO. :( Followed by the death of Mace and the Jedi purge.

7. kann

kann Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    Anakin making the choice of his life in the Jedi Council - the Jedi Purge.

8. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    The Jedi purge. Especially the slaughter of the younglings, even if we never thankfully see it. Showing Anakin mowing down kids right and left would've made the rating agencies slap an NC-17 at least on the movie.

9. Darth_Masticator

Darth_Masticator Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    i don't know why, but seeing anaking turn on mace had a big effect on me...must be because that's what set his turn in motion...it just sucked to see mace have palpatine at his mercy and then get royally screwed by someone who he should've been able to trust

10. Dschibi

Dschibi Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2005
    "You were the chosen one!" That whole speech by Obi-Wan. Ewan McGreagor nailed that perfectly. And the way Hayden spits out "I HATE YOU!" after the way we see them interacting throughout the first part of the movie ... that's my all time favorite scene in the entire saga. Gives me goose bumps just thinking about it.

Next is the Jedi Purge ... the score John Williams put with it makes it heart wrenching...

11. DarthJohnkenobi

DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2004
    "You were the chosen one!" That whole speech by Obi-Wan. Ewan McGreagor nailed that perfectly. And the way Hayden spits out "I HATE YOU!" after the way we see them interacting throughout the first part of the movie ... that's my all time favorite scene in the entire saga. Gives me goose bumps just thinking about it.

Good call. The raw emotion of that scene is done so well by both Hayden and Ewan. Those lines became my favorite ones to quote immediatly.
    Anakin finding the younglings hiding was chillingly sad. That little boy, so much trust in Master Skywalker, as he puts it, looking for help and comfort. All he gets is the cold answer of Anakin's lightsaber. Makes my sad thinking about it.

12. dri-ma-kadi

dri-ma-kadi Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Order 66,Padme talks to Anakin on Mustafar and Padmes funerel.

13. zillas_revenge2

zillas_revenge2 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    When Yoda, fleeing in fear, drops into Senator Organa's pimpmobile and says, "Into exile I must go...failed I have."

14. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    The look on the youngling's face after Vader ignited his lightsaber.

15. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    ROTS is the most depressing of the prequels. And the most depressing scene in ROTS is the one when Anakin sits alone in the Jedi Council chambers and when padme is thinking about him. I think this is the one scene when anakin decided to turn to the Dark Side if he must.

16. yoda-is-my-homeboy

yoda-is-my-homeboy Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2004
    definitely Jedi purge and the Youngling saying "Master Anakin, there's so many of them. what should we do?" I almost cried right there.

and when Yoda is on Kashyyyk, and he feels the death of all the Jedi. the way he just drops his walking stick, and the look on his face is so depressing.

and Qui-Gon's death.

and Jar-Jar's failure to die.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.