main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Most emotional SW theme yet?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by YodaYodaBinks, Dec 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaYodaBinks

YodaYodaBinks Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2002
    "Yoda's Theme" for me

it manages to bring a tear to my eye every now and then, and everytime I listen to it, I have flashbacks of the important people in my life

it's a song that's full of hope and happiness rolled up into one

2. metaforcesaber

metaforcesaber Jedi Master star 2

Oct 13, 2002
    Hmm, I'm not sure of the name of it, but the few notes that are played when Yoda dies is very moving. And although the scene lends itself to that interpretation, I still think the theme is very emotional by itself.

I admit, I've literally shed a few tears every now and then when I watch that scene and hear that music.

3. Blast

Blast Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2002
    I belive you speak of Yodas Theme ;).I agree it is very sad but I think the most emotional SW theme is still and will always be The Force Theme.The way it is played in "Escape From Cloud City"(I think thats the name correct me if I am wrong) is just beatifull,you can feel Lukes pain while hanging on the vane outside Cloud City and his desperateness to call to Leia.Alot of People think that the Funeral Prye version from ROTJ is the most emotional because it signifis the end to Darth Vader and Anakin,the main charater to the whole saga,I would agree IF it was longer but it is too short for my tastes.Heres the top 5 me thinks:

5.Luke & Leia's Theme
    4.Leia's Theme
    3.Yodas Theme
    2.Across The Stars
    1.The Force Theme

4. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    No particular order:

Across the Stars
    Final Duel
    Princess Leia's Theme
    Yoda's Theme
    Yoda & the Younglings
    Anakin & Padme
    The Tusken Camp & Homestead

5. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Whoa! ST posts here? [face_shocked]

We are honored by your visit... :D

6. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    The Force Theme, in all its permutations, is the most emotionally powerful theme in the SW saga.

It is noble, tragic, and triumphant all at the same time.

7. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    #1 Across the Stars
    #2 Light of the Force (ROTJ Anakin's funeral)
    #3 Yoda's theme

8. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Yoda's Theme, particularly the version from ROJ. Very sad :_|

9. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Sadness is not the only emotion...

I'd have to say the Force theme, followed closely by Across the Stars.

10. melbatoast

melbatoast Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2001
    Mine in no particular order:

The Dark Side Beckons/Final Duel
    Yoda's theme - especially with Yoda lifting Luke's X-wing out of the swamp (forgot the name)
    Leia's Theme
    Anakin's funeral/Light of the Force
    Love theme from AOTC

11. melbatoast

melbatoast Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2001
    Forgot to add:

Darth's Vader's Death
    Luke and Leia's Theme

12. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    The Dark Side Beckons/Final Duel
    Yoda's theme
    Leia's Theme
    Anakin's funeral/Light of the Force
    Love theme from AOTC
    Leia's Theme

By Anakin's Funeral do you mean the Force theme?

13. stradman

stradman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 14, 2002
    I would have to say that Yoda's theme is excellent, as is the force theme. However, if you wanted to go with a theme that is capable of many emotions, it would be the love theme from Ep.2. The ways that it has been revealed to us so far is in the forms of a serious romantic atmosphere to the atmosphere of them frolicking in the meadow. The different emotions for the love theme to this point are love, happiness, and borderline sadness at points. This is what can be heard in the lov theme as we have it. On the other hand, it could be played with desperation and anguish.

However, I am not shure as to which theme shows the absolute greatest ammount of emotion. I am not even shure that that is a fare question. There are different points in SW that have extreme levels of emotion. Examples of this are Yoda's death, Vaders funeral, Han being frozen in carbonite, the wedding in AOTC. All of these moments are extremely emotional. I think that all of them can have the same ammount of emotion wheather it be joyus or mournful. I would also like to add that whatever is written, it is there to appeal to your emotions. That is what the music does, it doesn't really matter if it causes you to ove someone or hate and fear them, that is what JW does with his music. And if I might add, e does a great job with it.

14. Lady__Skywalker

Lady__Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2002
    I think The Force Theme and Across the Stars are very close for me.

15. Obi-tres

Obi-tres Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2002
    Han Solo and the Princess theme
    Anakin's theme from Episode I
    Yoda's theme
    force theme

16. baritonep1aya

baritonep1aya Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2002
    The Imperial March for me... Everytime I hear that I can't help but remember so many parts of my life...

Hearing "No, I am your father" for the first time,

My 8th language teacher Ms. Borstad (joined the darkside, Borstad has)

When our High School marching band played it,

I could go on and on. It really serves as the backdrop for a lot of my memories.

17. batvader

batvader Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    the Love theme from AOTC is the most emotional, because Han and Leia's is too fanciful for me. Luke and Leia is also great. I don't say the Force theme, because it's essentially a serious (not upbeat) heroic theme that can also be used for emotional scenes (look at the triumphant Throne Room from Ep. 4 and the emotional Binary Sunset or Light of the Force)

18. george_starwars

george_starwars Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2002
    Yoda's theme is one of the best peces of music written for a movie. It totally embodies Yoda. He is very wise, yet gentle, firm, but kind. (Wet, yet dry!! 8-} )

19. caliman

caliman Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2000
    Not sure it's an actual theme, but the most emotional musical moment for me, is when Luke goes balistic on daddy in ROTJ. 20 years later, I still get chills when that mens choir kicks in.

On a side note, when all the prequels are done and you sit down to watch all 6 episodes how FREAKING AWESOME will that SCENE be?!?!?! By that time we will know all the specifics of the journies of both father and son. It's going to kick arse.

20. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yes... not a theme. That is non thematic score. It is however, amazing and very emotional.

21. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Yes, it is a cue called The Dark Side Beckons, a favorite of many around these parts. :)

22. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Princess Leia's theme

23. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    That is probably my least favourite Star Wars theme ever. Though it is still good.

24. batvader

batvader Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Some say Leia's theme is the most ''formal'' of all OT themes. The concert version is very enjoyable.

25. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Yeah, I meant the concert version.

IMO, Leia's theme is the best concert version of them all, because it's not only a rehearsal of a theme in different tones with an intermezzo. IMO, it has just more variation. I love the way it starts so silenly, then the wonderful build-up to an extraordinary climax and then a perfect ending. (Now that I think about it, Across the Stars is very similar in structure).

The Force theme is very emotional too, but unfortunately there isn't a concert version of it. I hope JW will make on for Eps.III! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.