main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Most emotional SW theme yet?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by YodaYodaBinks, Dec 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Playing Galaxies makes you sick of hearing The Rebel Fleet though. :p

2. EsperVeum

EsperVeum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2004
    They used it again? I remember I've heard "The Rebel Fleet" in the X-wing Alliance game. Don't know about Galaxies though... Well it just proves how much of a cool track it is.

3. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    Ah, but XWA had a nice mix of music.
    In the actual game of Galaxies, the music is quite nicely distributed, too, even though there aren't that many pieces
    but every time you login and often when you travel The Rebel Fleet is played. Or about a minute of it. Looped.
    Gets quite annoying after a week or two of playing :p

4. EsperVeum

Jun 10, 2004
    Kind of like in Morrowind then.... The music is good, very well written but it turns around after a couple of weeks too.

Probably another argument for me not to get into Galaxies!

5. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    aw, it's not that bad! I still love that game

6. EsperVeum

Jun 10, 2004
    Yeah and anyway you can always change the music if you're bored of it.

7. mozhu1

mozhu1 Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2003
    Across The Stars but the version I think is the most moving the the part in the beginning of Love Pledge/The Arena. Does anyone agree w/ me?

Also, The Force theme is pretty emotional.

And the best combination of themes is at the end of Confrontation with Count Dooku/Finale: the Imperial March + ATS..

Oh and Cantina Band.... it brings back so many memories :p

8. mozhu1

mozhu1 Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2003
    But the Love Pledge is too short, that's it's only downfall... but...so..beautiful...

9. Dacron--Khan

Dacron--Khan Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2002
    For me, it has been the closing credit score from E2. Not the movie, but the actual soundtrack. That last portion beginning with Anakin's theme... kills me everytime. It could easily be the ending of E3...

STAR WARS: EPISODE III - REVENGE OF THE SITH

10. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Dual of the fates
    The Final Dual between Luke and Vader.
    Luke and Leia

11. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    For me, it has been the closing credit score from E2. Not the movie, but the actual soundtrack. That last portion beginning with Anakin's theme... kills me everytime. It could easily be the ending of E3...

Yeah. "Oh no, they're doomed!" That's how the end of the E2 soundtrack feels to me. A nasty monster hiding under a bridge is how it sounds.

12. GreenWrinklyYoda

GreenWrinklyYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    UP this baby!

I think the most emotional are Across the Stars and Luke and Leia from ROTJ.

13. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    In no particular order,

The Force Theme
    Binary Sunset - Not sure which themes it carrys, but that piece is very moving none the less.
    Yoda's Theme
    Across the Stars
    The music at Darth Vader's pyre

14. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    The Force Theme
    Binary Sunset - Not sure which themes it carrys, but that piece is very moving none the less.

These are all variations on the Force Theme, unless you were referring to the original "Binary Sunset" - fascinating piece.

15. CatherineSkywalker

CatherineSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2004
    Force Theme, very touching, and always makes me think.
    Across the Star, Luke and Leia and Yoda's Theme are also great.

16. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Dual of the fates
    the imperiarial march. (??) the darth vader theme

17. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    Binary Sunset
    These and QGJ's death, and the finale after when I see RotS, because there will be no more movies.

18. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Hm, I think I'd have to say the Force theme. It is used in so many variations and capacities in the saga and so it's imbued with shades of meaning.

Now, Across the Stars is definitely, to me, one of the most melancholy and beautiful themes. Of course, it's a variation on the Force theme, woohoo ;) But yeah, everytime I hear it, though, I can just *feel* the emotions you're supposed to feel associated with the love story.

Finally, Duel of the Fates just still makes the hairs on my arms stand up. I love the use of it throughout TPM, the little chanting whispers that come in with the Sith. Then when we hear it in all of its glory... really powerful. Sparing it made for a great moment when it was used in the sunset scene of AotC. Can't wait to see how it's used for RotS. It really has that spiritual, epic feel to it.

-sj loves kevin spacey

19. AniKaufman

AniKaufman Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2004
    Um,dudes..."across the stars" is POO,manipulative PAP!

I know exactly which themes are the most emotional.Sadly,I'm not familiar with the titles so I can't list them,and so,in a way,I don't deserve to be shooting my mouth off here.

But I'll tell you what,there's one part where Vader and Luke are playing "cat+mouse"?...and there's this...not a theme(off topic,sorry),but,a handful of notes...strings.They pop up and *POW*...instant goose-bumps/tears/adrenaline/stirred emotion,etc.

I can't remember(haven't procured the OT-DVDs yet),but I THINK it's right after Vader says,"...then perHAPS she will." and Luke flips out in a Tasmanian Devilesque flurry of lightsaber-strikes.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else knows the part I'm talking about.

When I was a kid,watching it I FREAKED OUT (internally) and thought,"OMG,that's almost as wicked as "The Immigrant Song"!!!!

20. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    That is "The Dark Side Beckons."

21. AniKaufman

AniKaufman Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2004
  22. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Hehe, yes. "The Dark Side Beckons" is the answer to one of the most FAQs around here. :)

Or, "What is 'The Dark Side Beckons'?" is the question to one of the most FAAs on Jeopardy?. ;)

23. lukeskywalkerJM

lukeskywalkerJM Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2004
    For me the #1 theme in star wars is the Binary Sunset, Luke's theme has always managed to give me chills, i loved that theme when i was growing up and it still stops me in my tracks today.
    Luke's theme is so pure at one point and melancholy at the other, perfectly played by the beautiful french horn followed by the lush strings which echo the theme. but there is also a stunningly heroic and pure sound to it. it can get me pretty teary eyed.

My second favorite is, Luke and Leia- i think its absolutely beautiful and at the same time a bit sad, as happy as they are to have found their sibling, that happiness only comes with the knowledge of vader as their father.

i've always imagined the french horn as luke's part of the song and the dizzying strings and flute as leia's. Luke's part of the song is steady reasurring and warm, he knows the truth and has already accepted the truth of Vader, he is calm. But the dizzying strings and flute are leia's emotions as she sorts through the good emotions (luke is her brother) and the bad emotions (vader is her father). Also at the end of the piece there is really kind of bittersweet conclusion, preceded by the french horn line, I've always attributed that to the fact that while Luke is happy to have a sister, and Leia a brother, they both know that Luke may not come back from the DSII. Almost always puts a lump in my throat.

#3- is probably the Light of the Force, or Vader's funeral pyre. I think it is called light of the Force. That piece has never failed to mist my eyes up a bit, it is both tragic and triumphant at the same time. Even though vader was redeemed it doesn't change the fact that luke has just lost the father he had only so recently found. He is at one time the grieving son, and the triumphant jedi. and i have always loved the gradual accelerando combined with the crescendo, then the very deliberate delivery of the Jedi theme, followed by the softer familiar Luke's theme, absolutely beautiful.

Anywho, i ramble and i am probably not making much sense, sorry i get that way about music, i promise i'm much more coherent in person.!

Cheers! Take care ya'll!

24. lukeskywalkerJM

lukeskywalkerJM Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2004
    sorry kiddies, my computer decided to freak out and post twice. sorry.

25. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    I'm sure this topic will draw some new discussion in upcoming days. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.