main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Most figures in the least space

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi_Nova, May 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Nova

Jedi_Nova Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2001
    Ok guys!

We are getting to the point on my "Star Wars" room where I can start thinking about how to display everything!

The problem is going to be space....

I have 1 large wall, but I am going to hang my SE and Ep1 and 2 posters on there 5 total till EP3 comes out. So I think that will take up that entire wall. Its about 10 feet long and 6 feet high (usable hight). So that leaves 2 other walls. So I gotta get about 120 figures and 10 or so ships up!

My fiance vetoed my pegboard idea....

So how do you guys display your figures to get the most in the least amount of space???

2. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    you could always throw them in a box in the corner of the room, and let anyone interested sort through them whenever they please, as long as they return them once they're done..

3. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    pegboard would work unless u wanted to screw up the wall with hundreds of tack holes.. or you could get string or wire and just hang them along those like christmas lights

4. TuskenRaiderone

TuskenRaiderone Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
    What up Jedi Nova,
    Im new to the RockyMountainFF and i was Browsig the forum and came across your delema, all you gotta do is convince your soon to be hubby that the whole room should be dedicated to star wars that way you wont have to cram all that awesome stuff in one little area. He'll probably Veto your idea but love is all about comprimise, thats how I convinced my wife into letting me turn our guess room into my SW room that way i dont have to hog up her precious closet space! See its all about comprimise. Good luck!

5. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    that sounds fine and dandy except Nova's a dude lol :)

6. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    man youll freak when you see my collection.
    I wonder if DH posted it up yet?

7. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    nope its not up yet oh well maybe when he gets back he can do it.

8. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    nova- good luck- ive been there- I used to only display a little at atime cause of space- it sucked! i kept mentioning the SW room when we were renting apts & stuff so when it came time to buy a house i made it real clear that we would need an extra room for SW stuff-she may have thought i was kidding but i kept it in my mind while we looked for houses & now- I have my room- she hates it cause i spend so much time in there- but its too late now!
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

9. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    I've considered displaying my figures in shadow boxes. The boxes are easy to build, and pretty cheap to but at Hobby Lobby or Michael's. Just a dap-o-rubber cement on the back of the figures will hold 'em in place within the box. I've even considered mounting some strip lighting, etc. within the boxes. Fireplace mantle shelves look cool too. They're a bit more classy than regular ole shelving. A bit more expensive too though. When I was a wee lad, I actually hung a bunch of my figures with fishing line from the ceiling. Kinda random, but effective. Hanging the micro-machine style ships like this actually looks pretty neat. Knock yourself out. Put 'em out there with pride, lad.

10. Jedi_Nova

Jedi_Nova Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2001
    Thanks for the suggestions!

It will be a great room once its all finished! We will have to see where furniture goes and such before making anything final. But I will do my damndest to get every single on the wall!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.