main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Most hated character

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Master_Trance, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I forgot about Boba Fett. He is SO annoying, but still, he cannot beat that stupid Gungan.

2. Chewy_Rocky_Horror

Chewy_Rocky_Horror Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2002
    Young Anakin aka Jake Lloyd

Jar Jar Stinks is by far the worst character ever in movie films. Chris Tucker in the 5th Element comes in at #2.

CRH

3. SithHistorian

SithHistorian Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2005
    Note this is a AOTC thread not a TPM.

And on further notice how does boba suck? please explain.

Easily jar jar binks. He is the most useless character.

SithHistorian

4. Boba_Fat83

Boba_Fat83 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    I would take Jar Jar over C3PO any day of the week. So I would have to say 3PO

5. SithHistorian

SithHistorian Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2005
    But 3PO actually helps in the storyline wereas jar jar has no real point.

SithHistorian

6. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    How does Jar Jar have no real point? He provides the pivotal plot movement that gives Palpatine dictatorial power and he helps to provide a thread to reunite the casts between TPM and AOTC. He doesn't have enough screen time otherwise to really be of any harm.

7. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I actually wished that Jar Jar had been in AOTC more. I was very upset, for instance, that he isn't present in the second to last scene when Palpatine is overlooking his clones ready themselves for battle.

That would have been interesting but weird. In that scene there are really two gruops of people I think. There's the Palpatines who pretty much know this is bad, but it will help them, and is good for them. Then there is Bail, the guy who realizes how terrible this is, and is in anguish. Jar Jar is sort of oblivious, he woulnd't be with Bail mourning the Republic, but He wouldn't be with Palpatine looking happy, he would be somewhere in between at best, oblivious, but aware that something isn't right. At worst he would look happy like Palpatine, but it would just be because he is oblivious to what's really going on. Plus if he were there, we'd all be looking at him. The way we are supposed to see the scene is Palpatine rising to power in front of our eyes, and then Bail being in angst. There really is no place for Jar Jar in that scene. And in truth, that was Bail's big scene of AOTC

8. LandoSystem1138

LandoSystem1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2005
    That padawan Liam is annoying, also jake lloyd bad...

"Master? Because someone erased it from the archive memory." So glad he's gonna killed off...i hope

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    (psst!) Spoilers are bad here, mmkay?

I personally hate Cliegg Lars with a passion. He is the worst character ever created.

He was the Boss Nass of Episode II.

10. SwordoftheJedi

SwordoftheJedi Jedi Master star 5

Jan 7, 2005
    Hmm...I hate Palpatine. It is so obvious how two faced he is.

11. Wesyeed

Wesyeed Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 5, 2005
    Boba serves no purpose? Ha ha ha ha ha... hmmm.. now that I think of it. He kinda doesn't...

"Gettim dad! Fiyaaaahh!!"

Well we all know Boba's origin is far more important than Han Solo's or the Rebellions.

Heck, even greedo was going to be in TPM at some point.

---Star Wars is about Boba's journey from Clone to briscy mornin munchin----

12. Absinthe666

Absinthe666 Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2005
    Young Boba Fett needs a good slap round the face.
    Then again, so does Jar Jar...but at least he had less time on-screen so was less annoying than in TPM.

*edit* I don't think Boba's role was useless or that he was a 'dumb' character...but the way he was portrayed just...irritated me. In the OT of course he was much cooler.

13. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I hate to beat a dead Gungan here (It's much more
    fun to beat a live Gungan) but alas I must choose
    Jar Jar. It's not the fault of Ahmed Best, who
    seems like a great guy. I personally think GL
    should have given him a role as a Jedi of some sort
    as a kind of reward for taking all of that Jar Jar flak
    with class.

14. One-with-the-Force

One-with-the-Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    Pretty much every single member of the Separatists goes on my list. And Jar Jar. :)

15. DarthDan10855863

DarthDan10855863 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    I hate anakin the most.
    Simple as that... although I must admit some of the other characters aren't all that great either, but Anakin takes the cake for being one of the most annoying characters for me (not leaving out Jar Jar or anything).
    BTW Chewy_Rocky_Horror... I think Chris Tucker played the character well... its just that the character kinda sucks. (looking forward to Rush Hour 3 this year).

16. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    I cant stand Jar Jar,I love to see him killed in ROTS.

17. Darth Kruel

Darth Kruel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    The character I hated the most was Count Dooku. He was a true villian.

18. Emperor_Dantius

Emperor_Dantius Jedi Master star 2

Feb 18, 2005
    Jar Jar of course!
    He is just stupid, and has no significance in the whole saga, except he's responsible for Palpy's emergency powers.

19. ForceBinder

ForceBinder Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2005
    Young Fett gets my vote.

Is Jango here, Bobba?

Yep....(silence)

AARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!
    Typical; no need for manners for a future bounty hunter, so why bother, right?

20. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    I intially hated Zam when the film was released. Oh I could not stand her. Dex makes me cringe now. So does Queen Jamilla, who's no comparison to Amidala at all.

21. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    But I thought we were supposed to love ALL the new characters because they come from the genuis imagination of Mr. George Lucas. Aren't we supposed to say things like, "I like Star Wars as never before since he released the prequels" and "Jar Jar is even better than Chewbacca!"?

And don't forget "Every change Lucas made for the special editions was necessary and perfect, except the ones he later decided were bad and changed. But everything that he hasn't decided to change is still good, and if he decides that it would be better to have Gungans in ESB, he'd be completely right."

22. simon-the-ewok

simon-the-ewok Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2005
    Boba Fett was kind of unneccessary for the movie. He didn't really do anything. Jango also wasn't that great. I liked his fight with Obi-Wan, but his death in the arena was so stupid.

23. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Jango was our generation's Boba. Even though he was such a throwaway character, his presence on screen was best for a PT bounty hunter.

24. Wesyeed

Wesyeed Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 5, 2005
    Dooku saved AotC for me. What a breath of fresh air for this movie his character was. Too bad he wasn't around much. Would have been awesome to see him from the beginning, doing his scheming, similar to Vader in ESB. Nice parallel.

Oh well.

I've said much except who I hate most in this movie. It'd have to be Jar Jar, as unorginal as that sounds, he's just so out of place especially at the beginning. It hurts my ears to listen to him, and of course his well meaning though flawed decision to propose the emergency powass thing. I hate him!

25. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Has anyone said Padme? Because she's pretty darn boring. And I hate that Lucas had them go on VACATION to fall in love. It would have been so much better if they'd fallen in love while DOING something. And she's supposed to be in her mid-20s, so why is the character played like a teenager still?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.