main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Most hyped elements of the prequel movies?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Reverend_Duck, Jul 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reverend_Duck

Reverend_Duck Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 20, 2005
    Which elements, in your opinion and memory, were the most hyped before the release of the three prequel movies?

Granted, I wasn't very much into Star Wars when The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones premiered but I still took part of the hype and watched both movies in the cinema, and Revenge of the Sith at the premiere, so here are my opinions:

The Phantom Menace: That a bad guy would be fighting with a double-bladed lightsaber. That and Jar-Jar is what I remember the most of TPM.

Attack of the Clones: That Yoda would be fighting. I found most of the boring--indeed, I almost fell asleep during the first half--but the Yoda fight really did live up to the hype.

Revenge of the Sith: I honestly don't remember a particular one--perhaps because I am a Star Wars fan now unlike then, and know more about the movie than the hype--but it would probably be that Darth Vader would make an appearance in his suit.

So, enough about my opinions. Which elements do you consider to have been the most hyped before the premieres of the three prequel movies?

2. ProphesiedChosenOne1

ProphesiedChosenOne1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2005
    How Anakin was going to become Darth Vader. I know everybody knew it, but they still hyped this as The Chosen One's downfall. We all knew it was inevitable, we just needed to know why. Why did he decide to turn away from the light?

3. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    TPM: Darth Maul's face and lightsaber, Jar Jar Binks, Queen Amidala's look

AOTC: Hayden Christensen taking over the role of Anakin, love story, Jango/Boba Fett

ROTS: Darth Vader, Chewbacca, General Grievous, the last movie

4. Aerex_Matare

Aerex_Matare Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2005
    For ROTS, Vader was definately the most hyped. From the way they cut the trailers, I expected to see a lot more of Hayden Christensen in that suit. Wasn't disappointed, of course.

5. Wester547

Wester547 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    TPM - The Jedi in their prime.

AOTC - The Clone Wars, young Boba Fett, Jango Fett. Yoda fighting.

ROTS - The return of Darth Vader in the suit, the extermination of the Jedi and the rise of the Empire. Everything that ties the two trilogies together into one saga.

6. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    ^Because good is dumb.

Here`s my list:

Jar Jar was overhyped as funny and as a CG character. The cg aspect was OK, but the "comic relief" ends up as a bunch of kiddie humor (barf.)

Kid Anakin`s Force powers were overhyped thanks to the midichlorians. Without the "super-science" explanation, you have to resort to action in which to prove the claim - something I was hoping to see in TPM.

Where`s the dangerous force of arms to be reckoned with? No, it`s not Darth Maul, I mean the Trade Feds. Battle droids are easily dispatched when someone`s armed, they aren`t scary, and their bosses, the Neimoidians, are wusses. Overall, I didn`t find the Trade Feds so imposing.

7. JF_052

JF_052 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2005
    TPM - The first new Star Wars movie in over a decade.

8. mynameismyown

mynameismyown Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    that sidious would fight mace or that anakin would fight mace in ep3. thought it would be a cooler fight but it was badly put together with ian mcdiarmid mugging it up

9. Falzoni

Falzoni Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2005
    TPM: Maul

AOTC:Yoda Fighting

ROTS: Obi wan vs Ani, Yoda vs Sideous

10. paul01

paul01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2005
    TPM Darth Maul-was great but not in the film enough(what a travesty Maul was great Jar-Jar was rubbish, who was in the film longer)
    AOTC Love story-though was o.k Yoda fighting-though was great
    ROTS Vader in a suit good to see him but wanted to see him action, General Grevious-ok, not in it enough, more of him in action

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.