main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Most important event in the PT?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Padme_0421, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padme_0421

Padme_0421 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2005
    I believe that one of the most important events in the PT, the whole triology for that matter, is in TPM, when their ship has to land on Tatooine, and they find Ani. If is wasn't for that Star Wars techincally whouldn't have happened. What do you guys think?

~Lovely_Padme

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Ah, but this leads to infinite regress. One could argue that the Trade Federation damaging the Queen's ship is the most important, because without that, they wouldn't have had to go to Tatooine. Then one could argue that the Jedi running into Jar Jar was the most important, because if not for him, they wouldn't have made it Theed in time. Further back, the most important could be the Trade Federation attempting to assassinate the Jedi, because without that they wouldn't have snuck down to the surface of Naboo. And so on.

That being said, I think the most important galaxy-wide event in the PT was Valorum being voted out of office and Palpatine being elected Chancellor. It certainly put the Sith's plot into full motion, and set the stage for Anakin's descent into darkness. I agree with you on the smaller, personal event - finding Anakin was obviously the most important event in the entire saga. Without him, well, we wouldn't have a saga.

3. Padme_0421

Mar 26, 2005
    I agree also, al of those events are in a way the most important.

4. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    The clone wars.

5. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    1. Birth of the twins.

2. Padme's vote of no confidence in Finis.

3. The "Higher Ground". (Without that, no suited Vader)

4. Manipulation of Jar Jar's ignorance.

6. Tyranus22

Tyranus22 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2005
    I think "Order 66" was a very important event in the PT. It really highlights the fact that Obi-Wan + Yoda (and eventually Luke) are the only Jedi left in the OT and adds more emotional impact to that fact - seeing the vast numbers of Jedi in the PT and then seeing yoda and Obi-Wan, in their old age, as the last of them in the OT.

7. Padme_0421

Mar 26, 2005
    I agree also, they're so many different events that can be considered the msot important. I wonder what Lucas was thinking when he was writing all the little twists and turns in his story line...[face_thinking]

~lovely_padme

8. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Definitely when Jango Fett gets his arse killed by Mace; otherwise Boba wouldn't have got his father's polished helmet to paint green and wear to great advantage in OT and establish the cult that made Lucas put him into OT, invent Jango and change the notion of the Clone War from something to do with cloned jedis and sith to Jango Fett clone storm troopers.

9. LukeGroundwalker

LukeGroundwalker Jedi Master star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    The most important event is the fall of the Republic and the beggining of the Empire.

10. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I think one of the most important events is when Anakin kills the younglings. I believe that was necassary to show how dark and twisted Anakin had become.

darth_nemisis

11. QuinineVos

QuinineVos Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    I am torn between two different events, both in AOTC, and both of which happen at virtually the same time. One is Obi-Wan's discovery of the Clone Army. A truly creepy scene, especially because we viewers who grew up with the OT realize exactly what is happening here: that these are the ancestors of the Stormtroopers and that this is the beginning of the end for the Republic. Perhaps one could say this is the Republic's "tipping point" and from here on out we have an inexorable slide.

While that is the tipping point on a galactic scale, the other story of Star Wars, the personal story, Anakin's story, also has a tipping point, which is the death of his mother and his subsequent murder of the Tuskens. This is Anakin's loss of innocence, his loss of youth, which are then symbolized by the loss of his arm and his being swept up in the galactic tipping point I mentioned above, ie the Clone Wars. It is also the moment where he goes from being essentially a character with a great future (although a whiney one) to someone who is on a slippery slope, slowly sliding toward the dark side. These parallel events together form the pivotal moment in the PT.

12. MadMardigan

MadMardigan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2001
    Ric Olie's bad piloting out of Naboo

13. Sith_Lightning

Sith_Lightning Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2005
    Palpatine's turning of Anakin to the Dark Side is by far the most important, without that there's no Vader, Mace Windu lives, and Palpatine is killed. Simple as that.

14. POTAStar

POTAStar Jedi Master star 2

May 26, 2001
    The Blockade. It is the key event that everything else branched off from.

15. Circle_Is_Complete

Circle_Is_Complete Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2005
    I agree with the decison to create a blockade.

16. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    The failed assassination attempt -- err, I mean, arrest attempt of Chancellor Palpatine. Everything henges on that one scene. If Palpatine hadn't pulled if off, he'd be toast. And he almost didn't. Likewise, had the Jedi stopped him there, no Empire, no Darth Vader.

17. Padme_0421

Mar 26, 2005
    I guess it all depends on what you think, I mean you could believe the most important event was at the beginning of TPM, or somewhere in between..so many possibilities. I am sure people will argue it for awhile lol. I do agree with the whole thing about if Darth Vader hadn't happened then the Empire couldn't have happend. Or could it have? I mean the whole story could've gone a different way..who knows? :confused:

~lovely_padme

18. Padme_0421

Mar 26, 2005
    I mean it could be the birth of the twins?

~lovely_padm

19. Xavier89

Xavier89 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    It's two events for me:
    1.Anakin's slaughter of the Tuskens-it showed how emotionally attached he can get to the ones he loves and it also showed his first darkside act.

2.Birth of the Twins-Set the process of saving the galaxy in motion.

20. Padme_0421

Mar 26, 2005
    I agree becasue withut the twins..Vader prob wouldn't have ever turned good again in the end..he may not have died if Luke wouldn't had been there, etc. So many new possibilites when you think about it. LIke the slightest change in events could have changed the whole outcome.

~lovely_padme

21. Padme_0421

Mar 26, 2005
    very interesting

22. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    Anakin cutting Mace?s hand off stopping Mace from killing Sidous.

23. Padme_0421

Mar 26, 2005
    ya, cause otherwise..sidious wouldn't have corrupted Ani into being darth vader. in the theatre i was hopeing Mace would kill him, so then it would be ok, but..I knew it was already going to happen lol.

~lovely_padme

24. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    The Eopie farting in TPM :D

25. Padme_0421

Mar 26, 2005
    lol! haha, and waht signifigance doe that have? lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.