Most Important War

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by -RebelScum-, Jan 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. -RebelScum- Force Ghost

star 6
    Out of all the galactic wars which is most important?

Great Hyperspace War
    Clone Wars
    Galactic Civil War
    Yuuhzan Vong War

EDIT: I think the most important is the Clone Wars because that was the war that either killed the Jedi or at least led up to it. Worst war as in casualtys would be the Vong war i think.
  2. LordJoda-181 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd say the Vong War, because not only did it cause the greatest number of casualties, It change many of the "realities" of the Star Wars Universe. Plus this War made many old Enemies from previous wars become allies again. Look at the post NJO-allies New Republic, The Imperial Remnant, Chiss, Mandalorians, Corporate Sector (And presumably the Trianii), the Koornacht Cluster, the Hapans, and too a smaller degree some of the Hutts.
  3. rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Vong war. Imagine if they had won. The galaxy would never be the same. Any other bad guys and the worst we would have is a short reign of terror (like Palpatine's). They would have vongformed worlds (like Coruscant) and sacrificed billions to their gods.
  4. Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Clones....Killing of Jango....Anniahlation of the Jedi...Leaving luke as the only hope...
  5. Robal_Krahl Force Ghost

star 5
    I'd also have to say the War against the Vong... while the others did have a great impact upon the Galaxy, I believe none can match up to the Vong Invasion.

The Galactic Civil War destroyed an entire planet, and nearly wiped out about 3 other species.
    The Vong took it a step further. They destroyed a planet by bringng a moon down on it. They reformed Coruscant, turning into a huge wasteland of destroyed buildings and vegetation. They destroyed Ithor. Several other planets suffered the same fate.
    But the war had not only negative effects... it had at least one positive.
    It brought the Galaxy together as no other war has. An outside invasion by a new species brought the Chiss out of the Unknown Regions, aiding the New Republic. It united the New Republic and Imperial Remnant. It even brought Boba Fett out of retirement, with a new army of Mandalorians.
    The people of the Galaxy, be they human or not, united against these ******** who had the audacity to destroy their homes and loved ones. There were exceptions, of course; the cowardly lot known as the Peace Brigade, who thought they could appease the Vong by giving in to their demands.
  6. -RebelScum- Force Ghost

star 6
    well Vaders_cousin, I really doubt the killing of Jango was all THAT important, in fact I hate Jango because its another example of Lucas slaughtering EU because it get in the way of his 'vision'.
  7. LordJoda-181 Jedi Master

star 4
    See If you look at the Clone Wars and Galactic Civil War, it was just a Group, The Old-Republic, who splintered, into the CIS and OR, then it morphed into the Imps which splintered into the Rebels, which Morphed in the NR, which tried to set itself up like the OR, so in the end everythingkinda went back to normal.
  8. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    They really all had different effects and consequences, so I'm hesitant to call any the "most important." But it does seem like the Vong war resulted in the most casualties.
  9. -RebelScum- Force Ghost

star 6
    what was the exact number again? They gave it in TUF
  10. Robal_Krahl Force Ghost

star 5
    But it does seem like the Vong war resulted in the most casualties.

the importance of a war isnt based solely on the amount of casualties, IMO. It's based on the results, as well. What did it do for the Galaxy? Did it unite everyone? Or did it make everyone suffer for without results?
  11. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    That's why she preempted that by explicitly saying that she had no idea which was the most important.

I'd say...

The Great Hyperspace War and the Jedi Civil War were the two biggest ones in terms of tremendous consequences for the future. The former reestablished the cult of the Dark Side in the galaxy, now known as Sith. The latter ended with the destruction of the Republic, which had to be reformed by the Jedi after Ruusan--and that's the Old Republic that ruled for the late era of the galaxy, and THAT Republic impacted everything from the Empire to the structure of the Republic that followed it... so it was tremendously influential.

The Clone Wars is but a footnote in comparison: and since we all know how significant the CW is, that's saying something.

The Vong Wars are too recent to make a judgment, in my opinion. Though I'd suggest that it'd join the first two I listed in overall impact./>
  12. Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus

star 6
    what was the exact number again? They gave it in TUF

365 trillion casulties were a result of the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. While that number does seem high, not all of those casulties were dead, and I'm willing to wager that anyone who lost their planet is considered to be a casulty.

In terms of death and destruction the Vong invasion is probably the most important and it also saw the reformation of the Republic and the creation of new allies who were previously enemies. In terms of defining the galaxy I've got to go with the Great Hyperspace war or possibly even the war against Revan and Malak. As the results of their wars can be seen thousands of years down the road.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.