main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Most memorable PT moment

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Dragon_7, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delorean_Kenobi

Delorean_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 14, 2003
    "POWER!!!! UNLIMITED POWER!!!!"

Palpatine unleashing lightning!

I've been waiting to see Darth Sidious launch into attack mode since I first saw The Phantom Menace.

2. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    TPM-Seeing the jedi in action on board the TF cruiser.
    Seeing the droid army deploy
    The duel

AOTC-Jango Fett!
    The jedi battle and clone wars
    Yoda vs Dooku

ROTS-The opening space battle
    -Order 66
    -Anakin vs Obi Wan
    -ThE Ending at the farm

3. dv909

dv909 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    When all the ships go "VROOOM!"

4. loseyourname

loseyourname Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    God, it's hard to pick one moment that is the most memorable. Honestly, I think the part that most sticks in my mind is the opening to ROTS. The opening theme fades as the camera pans down to the battle cruiser, with the slow pounding of a heartbeat on tympanis before the infantry march fugue on the original binary sunset theme comes in, then the manuever of the two jedi fighters around the cruiser to reveal hundreds of ships beneath firing at each other at the upper cusp of the Coruscant atmosphere. At that one moment, I just knew the film was going to be satisfying. All of the disappointment of the first two was going to be wiped away. For one thing, they had finally gotten the CGI right. That first look at the battle is almost overwhelming. The music might very well be Williams' best work. It already hints at the sadness to come, echoing backwards in time Luke's decision to follow Obi-Wan after his aunt and uncle were immolated. Cruisers descending into the mist shrouding the planet, their sun disappearing behind the horizon, and darkness everywhere. The bright exposition of Episodes I and II were gone; now it is time to get to the actual story. Right then and there, I knew Lucas had given us something worthy of the name Star Wars.

Other notables:

-Anakin's confession of his feelings to Padme in AOTC. I know everybody hates this scene, but it works for me. The awkward and insecure delivery by Hayden portrays exactly what its like to have feelings for a girl for the first time as a teenager. He's nervous as hell and, after being taught for the last ten years not to feel anything, he doesn't know what to do when he does. He's already showing us right there, for the first time, that he will never have an appropriate response to an emotion that he cannot suppress. The first time around, the exchange just seemed silly, but after watching ROTS so many times, it now makes sense. Anakin is an overwhelmed kid who wants to be treated as an adult, but isn't ready. His power far exceeds his discipline and he is arrogant and brash, classic traits used by powerful males to hide their underlying insecurity. He has feelings of attraction and attachment, and he has terrible emotional needs, serious dependency issues, but he doesn't know how to love. Ultimately, he gives in to the only emotion he feels that he can harness and use; hatred. Not only does it focus his thoughts, distracting him from his pain and neediness, but it pleases the one person in the entire trilogy who consistently fed his desire for attention and his need for acceptance; Palpatine. He might have thought he was doing what he did to save Padme, but I don't buy that for one second. He turned to secure his only means for filling the biggest need he had throughout his entire lifetime, the one thing that he never had. Obi-Wan could not give it to him due to his sterness and the jedi mandate against forming permanent attachments. Anakin needed a father that could guide and nurture him while at the same time accepting him, flaws and all, and only Palpatine gave him that. That is why Palpatine won and the jedi lost, because he understood and knew how to manipulate the psychology of a confused, fatherless boy. The awkward insecurity and wooden delivery of the lines in AOTC is where this is first set up, because that is exactly how an inexperienced, self-doubting teenage boy behaves around a girl that he has a crush on. I'm finally starting to appreciate Hayden's performance here. A better actor would have delivered those lines with conviction, and would have made us believe them. But Hayden didn't, and whether intentionally or not, that's what he had to do. Anakin's problem was that he had no convictions and, in reality, never did love Padme (think in ROTS about how he talks about Padme to others - "I need her," not "I love her"). He refused to accept any principles and was constantly unsure of himself. The ceaseless second-guessing of his teachers caused him to ceaselessly second-guess himself, until the only man that never questioned anything he did w

5. JedimasterMoon

JedimasterMoon Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2005
    Other than the episode three things,
    I'd say the duel in TPM, it was pure magic.

6. Darth_Dragon_7

Darth_Dragon_7 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    I just love how when cyborg Vader is being created, it goes almost scene for scene with Padme's death. And by far the absolute coolest is when the mask is being lowered and we get Vader-Vision for that brief moment. And the one breath was sweet too.

There really arent any moments in AOTC that really strike me as memorable. Good movie, just not a lot of stuff that will stick with me.

7. Jedi_in_Love

Jedi_in_Love Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2005
    In RotS when Anakin finds out Palpatine is thew Sith Lord all the way to the scene when he is knighted Darth Vader . The tension and acting in these scenes are amazing.

8. Master_Yoder

Master_Yoder Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    TPM:
    1:Maul's dotf entrance
    2:Quigon's death
    3:podrace scene
    4:Short negotiations
    5:Maul's staff
    6:Qui and obi's Battle
    7:Ani's Battle
    8:padme's Battle
    9:Jar Jar's Battle

AOTC:
    1:Ship explosion
    2:Arrival of Obi and Ani at corascant
    3:Jedi battle
    4:Yoda v.s dooku
    5:War
    6:Jango fett and obi 1 fight

ROTS:
    1:eek:pening Ship/Lightsaber scene
    2:Comedy bit #1:Artoo's trouble with the sbattle droids(when those sbattle driods came)
    3:Comedy bit #2:elevator suprise(When they get stuck in an elevator full of battle driods)
    4:Dooku's death
    5:Greivous' annoying coughs
    6:Comedy bit #3:Artoo to the rescue(When Artoo Bumps himself into the wall)
    7:So much more I'm too lazy to explain

9. master_ghost

master_ghost Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    Darth Maul vs. OB1 and Qui Gon

Thats probably my favorite fight in the whole saga

10. sirius__black

sirius__black Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2005
    Well, from TPM it has to be the duel in the palace.

In Aotc it would be the political ramifications of granting sidius emergency powers through a corrupted senate. Plus the necessary evil of a politics in the first place.

Finally, from revenge, ki-adi-mundi's death. Showed the sense of betrayal and sadness when an order realized there would be no tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.