main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Most of you know of the Vong, so if they invaded during Empire times, who would of won? The Emperor

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediRiff, Aug 26, 2002.

?

Most of you know of the Vong, so if they invaded during Empire times, who would of won? The Emperor

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. The Empire

75.0%
  2. The Yuuzhan Vong

25.0%
  3. Who the heck are the Yuuzhan Vong?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
  2. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    I say the empire would take this one. First and foremost because the Emperor didnt give two squats about how many lives he cost, he would just keep throwing it at the Vong until they were beaten. Also, he would have IMMEDIATELY came down on them with barrels blazing, instead of bickering about what to do, like the New Republic did. Thoughts??

3. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    True the Emperor would throw countless bodies at the Vong but think of how the Empire fell, the difference was made by only a few. The Rebel Alliance would continue to use hit and run tactics and the people would still be struggling for freedom. So you have to say the Vong would arrive in the middle of a civil war.

At this point there are two choices. If the Vong were to support the Rebels just enough to make the Empire target the Rebels and not the Vong then the Empire would be preoccupied. The Vong could just bring in their ships from behind and clean up the stragglers.

Option two would be targeting the Empire head on. Which may be easier due to the lack of Jedi Knights and other "Super Beings" foiling a few of their plans. The Emperor would have to wage war on two fronts because the Rebel Alliance would use the Vong distraction to try and solidify their foothold and cause major damage against the Empire.

Either way the Vong would easily do away with a weakened Empire and clean up the Rebels at their convenience.

That's the way I see it... and I wanted to tick Ray off ;).

As a side note yes the Emperor would be strong in the Force but no matter how much Force Lighting he channeled he could not hurt a Vong. I doubt anyone would have been able to stand against them like Ganner(sp) or Jacen Solo.

Lod Reh Sajon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and
    suffering look no further than me."

4. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    As far as the Emperor not hurting the Vong, I cannot disagree more. Jaina just SLIGHTLY tapped the darkside and used force lightning on a Vong and blew a hole clean through him. The emperor would pile up the bodies quicker than you could blink.

Also, the Vong would never, never, ever help the Rebel Alliance, or the Empire. They would have (if they came in during the civil war) attacked both. They totally believe dying "honorably" (honor in their mindset, however) and add to the fact, that their is no way they would stand beside anyone using machinery. Not even temporarily. Their true nature would come out very quickly.

I was actually referring to the Vong vs. The Empire without the distraction of the Civil war, just as a hypothetical situation. But if you had the Vong make their assault during the civil war, I think that both Empire and Rebellion would assault them, and finish their battles when they were done with the Vong.

Any equation that you put the Rebellion into will really create better opportunities for the Vong, though, because they are not ran by a dictator. But if you take the Empire, minus the rebellion problem... just the Empire vs. the Vong, I cant see how the Emperor would ever lose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.