main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Most Overrated Star Wars Character?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by skyrimcat9416, Dec 20, 2013.

1. ATMachine

ATMachine Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2007
    Yeah, back when Jerec first appeared in the Jedi Knight PC game, he was just a Dark Jedi, nothing particularly fancy. (And also simply a blind human, vs. his currently being a Miraluka.) The idea of Sith Inquisitors just didn't exist in the SW universe back in 1997.

2. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    I think Imperial Inquisitors did, though (even if he wasn't intended to be one at the time). Didn't WEG introduce that concept?

ATMachine, Iron_lord and rumsmuggler like this.
  3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Yup - first reference to a "Grand Inquisitor" was in 1987 - and first sources to outline the Inquisitorius was in 1993:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Laddinare_Torbin

Torbin was first mentioned by Bill Slavicsek and Curtis Smith in the first edition of The Star Wars Sourcebook in 1987. He and his death were only mentioned in passing as "Torbin, the Grand Inquisitor," with no explanation given as to what a Grand Inquisitor was. He went unmentioned for several years until Michael Allen Horne's Dark Empire Sourcebook in 1993, which gave a brief outline of the role of the Inquisitorius and established that there were no Grand Inquisitors after Torbin's death. This fact was later ignored by Star Wars Galaxies, which features a Grand Inquisitor over a dozen years after Torbin's death; since the Dark Empire Sourcebook is an in-universe document written by the New Republic, it can be assumed that they were simply unaware of Ja'ce Yiaso's existence. Torbin also appeared in Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook, also written by Michael Allen Horn and published the same month as the Dark Empire Sourcebook, which provided more detail on the character.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. SalaciousAckbar

SalaciousAckbar Jedi Knight

Aug 7, 2015
    Han Solo. Sure he's a fun character, but I just don't get the fascination. He's kind of one note. Which I understand is kind of the point, but he was never one of my favorites, even as a kid.

5. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
  6. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Have to agree 1000%.

TheFourthHorseman and mes520 like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

So every character dave made.

8. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
  9. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    I'd be happy to take my issues with him, to a Dave Filoni Mega Power Hour Thread. ;)

10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I can't like this part enough.

mes520 likes this.
  11. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    [​IMG]

12. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Han Solo may not be the deepest character in the films, but he's integral to the story. Also, he's funny. I can't imagine the CT without him.

Force Smuggler and Sarge like this.
  13. TheFourthHorseman

TheFourthHorseman Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2015
    So much this.

14. ReyPrescott

ReyPrescott Jedi Master star 3

Oct 3, 2015
    YODA!!! No, Mara jade or boba fett as stated above.

TheFourthHorseman likes this.
  15. TheFourthHorseman

Sep 2, 2015
    Forgot to include Revan. I honestly think (as with Fett) a lot of his appeal comes from his costume design. Do a image search for him and 90% of the results with be Revan decked out in his Sith armor dual wielding red and purple lightsabers.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  16. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    I'm adding Galen Marek to the list.

17. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

It's probably due to their masks. I personally think Revan is a very interesting character during his original story in terms of his relationships with Malak and Shan. They've ruined the character and dug his grave in more recent stuff. I do think he is an overrated fighter when some people talk like he's the ultimate bad*** or something like that. Powerful, but not the greatest.

I think that Boba Fett is intriguing in various EU stories for his ruthlessness, harshness, and moral ambiguity. In the films, however, we don't know much about him other than him losing Jango and becoming the crafty, dangerous bounty hunter he was in TESB and the guy who was too easily defeated in ROTJ.

18. TheFourthHorseman

Sep 2, 2015

I agree. The old fan base kind of jaded me to Revan. I'm sure the character went on to be developed well by other writers (until TOR I hear) but in the original game he/she was a generic Sith lord with a cool outfit to me.

Bobba Fett....I've argued before about how his popularity crept into the writing process of Lucas during AOTC.

Admittedly I haven't read any EU starring Fett so I can only go by the films.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  19. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    EU: Boba Fett and Revan

TCW: Ahsoka

PT: Darth Maul

OT: Han Solo

20. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    Jedi (in general). I do not subscribe to the idea that Jedi are the only thing that make Star Wars interesting; that if it weren't for lightsaber wielding space wizard-ninjas, it would just be any other space story. There is so much other cool stuff about Star Wars.

21. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    [​IMG]

22. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007

Agreed, I was always more fascinated with the "WW2 in space" star *WARS* aspect of it than just the jedi. The criminal Hutt/smuggler stuff is interesting too.

23. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I can only speak for myself, and personally I like him simply because he was a playable character in one of my favorite video games. Same reason I like Commander Shepard.

24. TheFourthHorseman

Sep 2, 2015

Yeah I loved playing Revan and Shepard in their respective games. Unlike Revan, Shep was never taken out of the players hands and turned into something that's competely removed from what I played.

Revan was millions of different player's character. That was taken away. at the very least you're forced to "head-canon" it otherwise.

So yeah stuff like that caused me to not care about Revan anymore. But I still have awesome memories from KOTOR.

Rabs likes this.
  25. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015