Amph Most powerful comic book villains

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by GavinStrife, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GavinStrife Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just sheer curiousity- who do you think is the most powerful comic book villain? Thought it might lead to some lively discussion...
  2. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    Doctor Doom. Scientific genius on the level of Tony Stark and Reed Richards, an army of Doombots, possibly the second most powerful sorcerer in the universe behind Dr. Strange and he has a freakin' country.

Honorable mentions go to: Magneto and Lex Luthor.
  3. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    Black Bolt even though he's not really a villian.

End.
  4. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    2 come to mind. Darksied and Thanos.
  5. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    I would also say Darksied and Thanos, The Grandmaster is probably on par with them along with the likes of Surtur. There are many beings more powerful than them...Galactus, Celestials, Eternity...but they are more antagonistic rather than villainous. There was a gigantic robot called Terminus that would go around breaking up planets and sell the pieces, I'd say that's kinda evil.

At one point the "twin" of Adam Warlock, The Magus, had the Infinity Gauntlet, as did Thanos. They would then be the most pwerful supervillains at those times.
  6. Darth_Omega Force Ghost

star 6
    Anti-Moniter duh...it took an entire army of super heroes to take him out.
  7. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6

The Anti-Monitor is right up there.

Arguably, Lilith (Lucifer) is more powerful, but that?s in ?soft? power ? her charisma and her army, not her ability to point at something and cause it to die.
  8. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    I should add Imperiex, Trion Juggernaut, and for good measure Malebolgia.
  9. one_armed_scissor_14 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Apocalypse? I think he might officially be a god now?
  10. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Hyperion from Exiles. He's basically Superman without the kryptonite weakness. The only thing that could defeat him were TWO versions of himself from alternate realities. And even then they didn't kill him, they just banished him to his home dimension.
  11. one_armed_scissor_14 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ooh agreed, I forgot about him.
  12. NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Is the same hyperion from squadron supreme?

13. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Essentially, he's an alternate universe version of the original Hyperion, different from the Supreme Power version. He had attempted to conquer and rule his home Earth. But, rather than be ruled by him, all the countries on Earth used their nuclear arsenal against him, wiping out all life on Earth except for Hyperion, who survived.

Here's his Wikipedia article.
  14. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    The Rogue Watcher, since all Watchers are supposed to be quite powerful. The Joker when he had Mxyzptlk's powers. Basically, all villians with godlike powers are the top teir.
  15. Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    It's not always the super powers that make a villain truly powerful. I'd say that villains like Dr. Doom, Lex Luthor and Magneto are more powerful than the cosmic beings due to their cunning and resiliency.

But in terms of sheer power, I'd add Scarlet Witch (circa Disassembled/House of M) to the list.
  16. Ekasra Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm probably going to go with Dr. Doom
  17. one_armed_scissor_14 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Why Doom?

Scarlet Witch...hadn't thought of that, although M-Day was pretty much an isolated incident. Still, I like.
  18. Panther50 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'd go with the anti-monitor or maybe Dark Phoenix for pure power levels. Lex Luthor is up there to, he might not have any powers but he's probably one of the most powerful villans in terms of genius and cunning.
  19. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    I definetly agree about Luthor. I love Brainiac's line regarding Luthor's genius in "Red Son".

"I couldn't allow him to debate with you Superman. Entering a conversation with a level nine intelligence is more dangerous than any death trap. My calculations were that he could have talked you into suicide within fourteen minutes."
  20. MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head

star 6
    Lex Luthor- That man may not be the strongest villan, but he's devious, manipulative, and smart.
  21. one_armed_scissor_14 Jedi Knight

star 3
  22. MarcusP3 Jedi Knight

Marvel, Thanos has to be right up there.
    DC, Anti-Monitor, maybe Superboy Prime if you count him as a villian.
  23. sidious618 Force Ghost

star 6
    The Joker because he's just that insane.
  24. GavinStrife Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hmm interesting... seems that most of the insanely powerful choices come from Marvel, while the smart/crazy ones come from DC...
  25. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    Professor Hellingen from Bonelli's Zagor.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.