main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Most powerful Dark sider

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by outsideofstarwarsuniverse, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outsideofstarwarsuniverse

outsideofstarwarsuniverse Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2013
    And i mean raw force power not including The son from mortis or abeloth, candidates include Palpatine, Darth Plaguies, the sith Emperor (who basically made his true body agelessly immortal and ate abosrbed a whole planet of even the force itself) from the old republic, Dark Apprentice (the dark clone of starkiller) any one else wanna throw in a character of comparable caliber you can provided you can back up reasons why

2. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    This discussion has occurred countless times, and when you get right down to it, is totally subjective. Reasons for this are different people having different definitions of the 'canon', including some characters, but not others, and also for the fact that a lot of the great sith lived nowhere near each other in terms of time. Even when they did, it's still a murky subject.

For example: Some might say Revan, some might say Nihilus. Others will point out in the book Revan that he had his butt handed to him by a sith who's name currently alludes me. That is one of the very few instances of a real confrontation between superpowers in which we can draw a real rational conclusion. Some look at that sith and his ability to devour a planet's worth of life and say that he is the ultimate. Others look at Nihilus and say, but this guy didn't need a ritual to do it, he just did it. And still others will say, but revan beat nihilus and lost to this guy here. Others will say, but he was older and weaker.

This line of discussion unfortunately never really comes to a real conclusion. And honestly, in my personal opinion, the most powerful sith lords are rarely the most interesting. Darth Bane is not one of the most powerful, and yet I found him to be a compelling character. If you're just looking for people to discuss their favorite sith, that's great. If you're looking for a contest of debate for most powerful sith lords, a lot of users won't be very interested.

You might get a better discussion if you go over to the favorite EU character thread and just talk about your favorite sith character. I'm sure that others would be willing to talk your ear off about the same. ;)

3. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    You're thinking of Darth Mary Sue Zarks ;)

(okay, technically Darth Vitate. But I call him DMS because he can do what Nihlus can do...but bettuh and can mind-*censored* both Revan and Malak, and then take on Revan and the Exile? WTF?)

4. outsideofstarwarsuniverse

Mar 3, 2013
    Vitiate did what Nilhlus did but on a planet wide scale and conspired to do the same to the whole galaxy not even palpatine went that far with the darkside

5. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Hence 'what Nihlus could do...but bettuh'. Doesn't change the Darth Mary Sue title.

6. outsideofstarwarsuniverse

Mar 3, 2013
    What vitiate did absorbed the very force itself from the planet, I highly doubt Nihlus was that powerful, plus vitiate took control of the minds of 1000s of sith lords to aid him with the ritual. Their force drain powers might be similar but on far more powerful scales, I think of vitiate as a cross between Nihlus and tulak hord (given that he also could feed on ghosts too apprently)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.