main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Most Powerful EU Sith Character?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by I_Am-Vaders_Poo-Doo, May 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I_Am-Vaders_Poo-Doo

I_Am-Vaders_Poo-Doo Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    Who's the most powerful Sith EU Character?

Would it be: Marka Ragnos, Naga Sadow,Tulak Hord,Exar Kun,Bane or even Kyp Durron ;)? Heck, I don't know...

2. Charlemagne20

Charlemagne20 Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2005
    Kreia.

With proper training, she could have made even Palpatine's life miserable.

As for those five, it's a real debate. Bane, however, doesn't make the list of top five, and Kyp...well, it's questionable how much of the Sith in him is actually him, and how much is Kun.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I suppose we really can't count Palpatine in this one.

In that case, I'd say it would be Darth Revan. Kreia's a runnerup, but she's not as good.

4. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    If you want EU and movies: Palps
    If you want purley EU: Kreia or Revan

5. I_Am-Vaders_Poo-Doo

I_Am-Vaders_Poo-Doo Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    What!? I just don't understand how Palpy could match up with Exar Kun or Marka Ragnos?

How is he so powerful? I just don't understand lol....

I mean what makes him so different than the past (and I guess future) Sith?

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I. Force Storms
    II. Mastery of every technique, past and present.
    III. Ability to make new techniques willy-nilly
    IV. galaxy-wide Battle Meditation
    V. Absorbs the Force essences of billions of people to feed his power

Et cetera.

7. Jodus

Jodus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 21, 2005
    Well DE certainly painted him in a good light to be quite powerful. I dont remember hearing about too many other Sith Lords that tore a fleet apart all by themselves.

I havent read the old Sith comics aside from Sith War, so there is little I can gauge the old boys by really. Kun ranks up there for me. I'm sure Ragnos must have been quite strong, but I have not heard of any real exploits to prove so.

Naga Sadow never seemed overly powerful to me. He was simply more cunning and manipulative than Kressh. Kreia was like Palps, cunning and manipulative. As far as power goes I really can't say. Sure, she was the end boss, but I just dont see her standing up to Palps.

Revan, I almost chalk mostly up to game mechanics. Though he did beat back the mandalorians, that was a question of tactics there, not so much of the force I think. I would like to see more about his descent to the darkside maybe though.

8. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    anyone gonna mention Dark Luke?

9. Jodus

Jodus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 21, 2005
    bah, he barely did anything. Sides, as he says in DE he was actually trying to avoid costing too many lives during his tenure as Palps "apprentice". I use apprentice loosely as we dont even know what he learned, or how long he was with Palps (well i dont).

Do any RP stats say he has any sith knowledge? if not, he cant really be considered a sith in any way.

10. Sith-Pirate

Sith-Pirate Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2001
    What!? I just don't understand how Palpy could match up with Exar Kun or Marka Ragnos?

During the movies he wasn't as powerful as the others. But if you read Dark Empire, you'll see he gained a great deal of knowledge. He tells Luke that he's become much more powerful then when they "last met"

I don't think we see everything Exar Kun could do, but many argue that he used his bracelet for everything and I'm not going to get into a debate about it.

11. EH_Pilot

EH_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    Revan.

12. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Got it in one.

13. DarthRavenus

DarthRavenus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    Darth Nihilus...He was Power incarnate,the most powerful Force wielder that ever existed.But the game wasnt that good.

The Skywalker's and Sidious where not thee most powerful Force beings,actually their powers are rather cheap going by the movies in comparison to all the games and comics and stuff.

With all the new powers being introduced by the new Movies,games and Comics...well it makes one wonder what goes through lucas's head? Theirs a major gap and problem their!

14. EmperorSorridom

EmperorSorridom Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 2, 2005
    Darth Revan.

15. Sith-Pirate

Sith-Pirate Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2001
    Darth Nihilus was a joke, he had to destroy to stay alive and he couldn't even control his own power.

16. lastofthemohicans

lastofthemohicans Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    I think that if Aurra Sing had sith training she could have been one of the most powerful of all time....but besides that im gonna go with Darth Sidious

17. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Darth Nihilus is just a man. He's just rubbish. I was expecting some big bad boss character, but....no. He's of the crappy side of the Force. Darth Sion's more likely to fall to pieces than do anything of use, and Darth Traya doesn't even know what side she's on.

Revan is Power. Not only is he the greatest Dark Lord this side of Lord Sidious, but he's also one of the most powerful Jedi Knights of any age. He walks the line better than anyone, and is still seeking greater knowledge in the Unknown Regions....

18. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    For the record, Luke Skywalker is about a trillion times more powerful than Nihilus could ever hope to be.

19. Tam_Elgrin

May 1, 2004
    ...but he's not a Sith.

20. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    ...which is why I was saying "For the record" because it wasn't in response to the original subject, it was in response to Ravenus' claim...

21. Tam_Elgrin

May 1, 2004
    EDIT: On second thought, let's not go into this right now.

22. Durnar

Durnar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2004
    Sidious or Revan.

23. jedimasterkipdurron

jedimasterkipdurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    Luke Skywalker in DE.

He becomes a Sith Lord and even says he learned all their tricks. :)

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Darth Nihilus is the ultimate failure of a Sith Lord. Palpatine's philosophy about the Dark Side is to use monumental anger to fuel him. He uses anger as a tool and it's a battery for him: it's what means him so powerful. If you'll notice in the PT, he's always speaking with barely supressed anger when he's in "Sith" mode.

Vader's much the same, but with hatred. I'd group Revan in there too, since his fall was apparently "calculated".

Nihilus is a mere animal.

In terms of realized power, my ranking would be:

I. Galactic Emperor Palpatine
    II. Lord Darth Revan / Lord Darth Vader (NB Vader's likely more powerful, but Revan's extremely skilled in the Force)
    III. Exar Kun

XI. Everyone else.

Incidentally, I'd put Luke Skywalker in at II if he had genuinely became Palpatine's apprentice. If he had, I'd expect him to eventually kill Palpatine (Palpatine intentionally restricted Vader's power and knowledge so he would never do that, but Luke doesn't have the same debt and hopelessness that Vader did) and become the number I himself.

25. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    Kun (whats sad is on ign more people voted Maul in a Maul vs. Kun fight)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.