main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Most Powerful Force User Ever?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by RostorCrytea, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RostorCrytea

RostorCrytea Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2011
    I guess this would perhaps be the best place to make this thread?

A continuation of the following thread:

http://boards.theforce.net/literature/b10003/31555956/p1/?15

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From a basic fighting standpoint.

As somebody who used to argue this endlessly I would have to say that Darth Bane (Rule of Two incarnation) is probably the most powerful Force User of all time, and I might be willing to explain myself at a later date, but in the meantime, discuss.

2. RostorCrytea

RostorCrytea Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2011
    Now as far a general ability with the Force is concerned, in the context of a basic fight between Force Users, you would have to take into account both the raw power the Force User is capable of, and their ability to restrain that power so that they can focus their power exclusively on their enemy (and any area that would not be detrimental to themselves).

To that end, Darth Bane has demonstrated what is quite simply the finest display of control ever seen in the mythos, when he manipulates the Force on the sub-atomic scale in Rule of Two. The display is entirely unprecedented and no other display even approaches it -- in fact, as a quick example to illustrate its extraordinary nature, the Jedi in the New Jedi Order including Luke weren't even capable of manipulating the Force on the molecular scale in a controlled manner, a scale vastly greater than the sub-atomic scale, and were in awe when Vergere demonstrated the ability to do so and to apply healing techniques on the scale -- and as such it is reflective of the extremely high probability that Darth Bane is far more skilled at controlling and restraining his power on a small scale than any other. It's also worth noting that this display of ability was also demonstrated at approximately the midway point of his growth in ability by the end of Rule of Two, and that his control has likely improved significantly since.

Similarly, he has also demonstrated a level of sheer power that sits among the finest displays in the entire mythos when he acts as the conduit to the Brotherhood of Darkness's lightning storm during the Battle of Ruusan. The power that was being generated was described as having been capable of destroying the entire planet had they not ended the ritual prematurely, and even then it was still able to cause planetwide devestation and destroy "anything and everything" in its path. Whilst it is true that the power was ultimately provided by all of the members of the Brotherhood, the ability to manipulate the power in the manner that Bane did; that is, absorb it, contain it, and then redirect it across the entire planet, can be solely credited to Bane. That the power was also being focused directly onto his body also demonstrates considerable control as well as sheer power to operate on such a scale. Likewise, this display of ability was demonstrated about two years into his growth in ability, where he would then go on to grow in ability for another ten years, approximately five times the duration of his then period of growth.

As far as general ability with the Force is concerned, when you take both elements into account, there isn't a single other individual that approaches him, and even his lower end demonstrations display considerable ability, such as collapsing a temple with a telikinetic attack, summoning a lightning storm that encompassed a room that was capable of housing over a hundred students an hour after learning how to even summon Force lightning at all, moving at a speed completely beyond the visual comprehension of trained Force Users, disintegrating dozens of technobeasts with single attacks etc.

You can also of course consider the manner of technique that he can use his power in, i.e. his knowledge of the Force, where not only did he have access to the Brotherhood Academy's entire archives as well as the privilege of learning directly from Darth Revan's holocron and by extension the Knowledge of Malachor V, but also access to what is described as the entirety of Naga Sadow's knowledge via Freedon Nadd's holocron, a being that had lived for hundreds of years in a period of great knowledge who was particularly well known for his more obscure and arcane knowledge of the Dark Side. While of course he also only had a few years to learn from most of these sources he displays an absolutely incredible learning rate throughout his saga that combined with his relatively large amount of free time would have enabled him to learn considerably. He also demonstrates a variety of different powers, from the basics such as lightning and telekinesis, to stuff

3. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    this thread will not stand. here is why. this is not star wars.com. when i came over from starwars.com years ago to start this very thread, they locked it. they are not interested in this type of thread on these boards. but the answer to your question is simple anyway, Luke Skywalker as of now is the most powerful force user ever, by far

anyway welcome to the boards-md

4. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Yeah, Luke.

5. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    What evs, Jocasta Nu ftw. Bet on it. [face_talk_hand]

6. RandomChick842

RandomChick842 Jedi Knight

Apr 27, 2011
    I'm between Cade Skywalker and Luke Skywalker.....

7. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    In terms of power in the force/midichlorian count-Anakin Skywalker but that doesn't mean much since he's so so so stupid. So in terms of potential no one holds a candle to him (its why Palps wasted 13 years grooming and nudging him towards becoming his apprentice-that and he wanted to sabotage that whole chosen one will destroy the Sith which includes one Darth Sidious prophecy) but again that potential is severely handicapped by Anakin's complete lack of intelligence.

In terms of fighting skill/lightsaber technique/over the top displays of forcepowers-Depends on which writer is writing it...I'm tempted to say Starkiller from TFU, or Jacen Solo (that's debatable and he like is grandpa is severely handicapped by a complete lack of intelligence).

8. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    Ahsoka Tano, yet to be revealed.

9. HighLadyFel

HighLadyFel Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 28, 2011
    definitely, Luke.

10. HighLadyFel

Apr 28, 2011
    How is Jacen so powerfull? He got killed by a jedi knight!

11. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    I said it was debatable didn't I?

And the fact that Jaina, a Jedi knight, killed him doesn't mean anything to me.
    The Clones on Mygeeto in ROTS killed Ki Adi Mundi, a Jedi Master, and a member of the Jedi Council yet they are hardly what we would call especially powerful. Does that make Ki Adi Mundi any less powerful? The death star could repel any fleet trying to attack it, but was vulnerable to a one-man starfighter with a proton torpedo in ANH. Does that make it any less powerful? Boba Fett was knocked into the mouth of a sarlaac in ROTJ by a blindman. Does that make him any less formidable?

Powerful doesn't mean invincible against anyone with lesser power.

12. HighLadyFel

Apr 28, 2011
    Yea, I know. Isn't that why Invincible is titled Invincible?

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Potential-wise, it's all the Skywalkers.

We've been told that Anakin would have surpassed Palpatine eventually, had it not been for Mustafar.

So that leaves Luke, Leia, Jacen, Jaina, Allana, Ben, Kol, Nat and Cade (as Anakin was truncated).

To differentiate between them, though, I'd say that their training would separate them.

For example, Jacen was on a higher level - power-wise - because he had more training than Jaina, even though they started training at the same time. Kol would be more powerful than Nat, power-wise, as Nat left the Jedi Order and abandoned his training for however many years. Leia would be weaker than Luke because she abandoned her training, on and off, for twenty-odd years. Cade would be worse off than Ben and Kol, because he stopped growing for seven years.

And by that logic, Ben and Kol, as Force users with formal training in the Jedi Order from their birth (I'm assuming with Kol), would be more powerful than Luke, who received formal training from 18/19 onwards, if they met at the same age. I'd even put Ben and Kol above Anakin Skywalker as his training started late, when he was 9 (or 12, I cannot remember).

So, Ben and Kol.

14. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  15. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Father:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Father_(Mortis)

16. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    It's gotta be the Skywalkers. So far Luke, time (and new books) will show if Ben will surpass him. Imo he will and e with Sinre's premise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.