main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Most powerful, why all the debate?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Migel_Vos, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Migel_Vos

Migel_Vos Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2005
    I find it a little odd that people, for whatever reason, like to debate who's most powerful in STAR WARS. When I read an interveiw with G Lucas in 1) a celebration 3 interveiw, 2) the making of Episode 3 book, he plainly stated that while, yes, certian other characters such as Palpitine and Yoda are extremly powerful, when he created the story he created Anakin or Vader to be most powerful. In the latest books, Labyrinth of evil and Rise Of Darth Vader, it also states not only that Anakin was created directly from the force ( pg. 133 of the newest Vader book ), but also that there is none more powerful in the force than him (I quote my sources so people dont think i make this up). People will always find ways to argue, it just funny that everyone claims their favorite character is strongest. Do people forget Lucas created Star Wars? What he says goes. That doesn't mean he's all powerful and can never be beatin, anyone can be beatin, and true he may not have reached his potential, but he is strongest. But all in all... Yoda is the coolest, and Quinlan Vos is one tight character, no matter how bad he got beat down by Agen Kolar in the comics.

2. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    Well there's a variety of different sources on the matter, the 7, 8, 9 figures pop into mind.

Really your post is just like every one else's, it's your oppinion that Anakin is the strongest and you have some okay data to back it up.

Just wait, someone will come in here with a completely different point of view and that's what this board is all about.

3. TopSpeeD

TopSpeeD Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2005
    I believe Lucas meant that IF Anakin didnt turn to the Dark side and had his limbs cut off..he would become the most powerfull Jedi in a few years,but as things went ,he didn't.

4. JFKIII

JFKIII Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2005
    Part of boards like this is for people to debate, hopefully not with hostility. Anakin is the most powerful in my eyes. And if someone proves otherwise, good for them. It won't decrease my gravitation to the character or make me want to buy items revolving around him any less. Speaking of which, anyone have the kotobukiya episode III Anakin? I'll probably get mine in the new year.

5. JFKIII

JFKIII Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2005
    Part of boards like this is for people to debate, hopefully not with hostility. Anakin is the most powerful in my eyes. And if someone proves otherwise, good for them. It won't decrease my gravitation to the character or make me want to buy items revolving around him any less. Speaking of which, anyone have the kotobukiya episode III Anakin? I'll probably get mine in the new year.

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Basically, we like to call it a great big ******* contest. People have favorites and they don't like it when someone, even if it's the creator, tells us what's what.

7. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    I don't think it really matters who's the strongest really. Every little rule is proven wrong in the duels. Take the Duel of Hero's as an example.

I think everyone could pretty much agree that Anakin is stronger than Obi-Wan but he's beaten anyway.

8. ticopuma

ticopuma Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 2, 2005
    Anakin COULD have been been by far the most powerful, but due to his stupidity never got there.

9. DarthFisto

DarthFisto Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2002
    I agree with Tapioca.

10. ZamWesell44

ZamWesell44 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    Anakin was in ROTS the most powerful, the emotions of fighting really his only friend in all of Star Wars is why he lost, those would not have been there against anybody else, like Dooku.

11. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I think had Anakin never gotten injured he could've been the most powerful but became weaker after Mustafar. (As stated in a Lucas quote) but, I think that Luke then takes the mantle of the most powerful as he'd have Anakin's potential IMO and as Luke never is injured to that same extent he actually fufills it (IMO after the movies).

12. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    I just don't think people qualify powerful in the same way.
    Nor do I think you can, which is why debates often turn
    into who beats whom. Vader cuts down Obi Wan easily,
    yet it's Obi Wan that displays his power in becoming
    one with the force, something he and Yoda must teach
    Anakin years later in his own death.

So what's power?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.