main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Most Relatable Star Wars Character

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Seagoat, Oct 10, 2014.

1. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Probably a mix between Anakin, Obi-Wan and Luke

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I relate most to Tarkin, Dooku, and Luke as far as film characters.

Saga Explorer likes this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Luke! The way he matures through the OT is incredible. From a somewhat unstable dreamer whose rebellious nature emerges only after his family has been burnt alive, to an admirable young man who saves the day, in only, what, 3.5 years? Some people take a lifetime to become so aware of themselves and the world around them.

I especially like him in ROTJ, for his self-esteem, the great length he would go to in order to save his friend, and choosing not to be violent unless absolutely necessary. The moment when he gently places his hand over angry Han's blaster and says that it will be all right shows his true strength as a person and that he knows when to fear and whom to fear. He never actually said: "Don't shoot him, he cannot harm you!", but that's what he meant...

...and the whole expy thing that came to be from it is pretty interesting, too. :)

4. Luminous beings are we...

Luminous beings are we... Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 19, 2013
    If "most relatable" means the character in whom you can see yourself, why then, I must say C-3PO. After all, he is the shiniest.

But that's snark. Let me look at this plainly.

It's Luke that I admire most; I'd wish to be like him, partially for the qualities that Ewok Poet defined. Mostly because Luke just believes so hard, and loves so much, and faith like that, held against all the odds, is magnificent. Look what it can achieve. For himself. For others.

I watch him and hope I'm like that.

But I feel like Threepio. Honestly and without snark. Always a little odd and out of step. Decorous. Much-enamored of two-dollar words. Which qualities (are they virtues or vices? or either at all?) tend to set one apart. Which gives one a feeling of loneliness. I think C-3PO feels quite alone, and I feel for him.

So there's sympathy.

In another thread, Antlers wrote that Threepio
    can easily be the 'shell' for the viewers who are uncomfortable in the SW universe. He can express their hesitation, confusion, and frustration at being placed far outside their comfort zone.
    I like that. Though, for me, it's not so much the GFFA that feels strange, but this galaxy. Like I'm not quite belonging. And posing, because I feel unsure.

Which confession leaves me a little exposed. So I shall cover my works with this anecdote, itself evidence of the truth in this ramble. The story is that I had not seen the Star Wars movies is nearly ten years when I picked them up again, and realized under who's influence I'd been calling my dog a "noisy brute."

C-3PO. He's my kinda guy.

5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I enjoyed reading your post so much. Not only that you spoke with the same passion I would speak about someone else, but I believe you also gave me a fairly good explanation of my parents' fascination with C-3PO. :)

That said, when I wrote that I can relate to Luke most, I really thought we were allowed to enter only characters who get actual character development in the saga itself. Not sure why I thought so, now I see that the opening post says "in SW universe", I have to ask Seagoat if we can expand this, regardless of the subforum it's in. Since quite a few people asked me why would an adult woman go by this name on some forums and they genuinely think I'm trolling them if we're watching ROTJ and I point to the screen and say: "This one over there is the most awesome Star Wars character!"; perhaps it's finally the time I expanded my views. :p If people can like Anakin and Palpatine and find a lot of genuinely relatable things about them, I assume I wouldn't come across as weird at all.

6. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Not quite sure exactly what you're asking.... I mean I see your point about development - 3PO never really changes at all, and a lot of people relate to him. Even I can in some degrees
    If you're asking about how your answer "must" be, then my response is whatever you think will most accurately convey your feelings. No requirements (of course, this being a SW forum, other than being in SW lol)

Arcanah and Cushing's Admirer like this.
  7. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Oops, sorry, Seagoat - I guess I should have stated that the first paragraph of my reply was a response to Luminous beings are we...

And the second part was for you, yes. As in, if it's OK to write about characters from the EU/Legends (who do appear in the saga itself, but don't get much character development), having seen that nobody did.

8. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Sure, whatever you want. Write all about how you relate to Aayla Secura or Ki-Adi Mundi if you want

9. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Cool, calm, collected, level-headed. But also individualistic and, hell, even downright lawless in his own way. In fact, his own way makes for a concise summary of Qui-Gon. This all might come off self-applaudingly, but in social applications, particularly work-place environments or when having to manage or negotiate others to solve some problem, Qui-Gon's temperament often matches my own, as my reasoning likewise tends to be rather unorthodox or counterintuitive.​
    In other yet not entirely unrelated aspects, I lean heavily towards Luke (from Jedi), Jango, and R2-D2.​

10. Jania_Solo12

Jania_Solo12 Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2014
    Han. Both of us are reckless, somewhat arrogant at times, and love a little bit of danger.

11. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Probably Bom Vimdim

12. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Luke. Always looking into the future, wanting something more than the life I am living. Loyal, strong where it counts and a good person.

Has not changed since 1977.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  13. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Objectively speaking I'd say Han, will do the right thing, but only if my friends, really, really want me too. Otherwise, I'm just about me, Chewie and the Falcon. But TPM Anakin is the one I related t the most, mostly cause as 9 year old it's the first Star Wars I went to see in a cinema.

Arcanah likes this.
  14. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    For me : -Anakin,Jar Jar,Obi Wan,Maul,Dooku,Tarkin,Palpatine,Yoda,Qui-Gon,R2-D2 and maybe others I can't think of right now.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  15. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Anakin: I have often been an outcast among my peers.
    Luke: I sometimes feel like I'm never getting out of here. I'm going to be stuck here for the rest of my life.
    Padme: I have a heart of gold.
    Jar Jar: I can be a bit clumsy sometimes.

Arcanah and Saga Explorer like this.
  16. The Most Cunning Jedi

The Most Cunning Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Dec 24, 2014
    A tie between Jar Jar (I'm quite clumsy a lot of the time) and Anakin/Leia (I wanna do good but I'm kinda stubborn)

Arcanah and Saga Explorer like this.
  17. hairymuggle

hairymuggle Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    Honestly, Threepio and Han are the first ones I clicked with (I complain a lot I guess). I share my temper with Anakin, but the Jedi code of conduct is also very familiar (they're my role models).

Arcanah likes this.
  18. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I think I relate most to Anakin, as we the viewer are meant to. He is the most, sadly, human of all the characters. We all sometimes feel we can do better, we all have fear of losing those we loves, living up to unreal expectations, becoming frustrated at not being perfect.

But I also relate to Chewie, cause sometimes I feel like I'm completely dragged into terrible situations and all I can do is make a noise that no one pays attention to.

AshiusX, Seagoat and Ananta Chetan like this.
  19. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jo B1 Kenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jul 3, 2014
    I think I most relate to a low ranking droid of some sort - perhaps and MSE-6 mouse droid?

[​IMG]

It simply follows it's programming to repair things and do simple tasks. I'm kind of like that with instructions - I just listen and then do what I'm told. I love mending things too.

I also relate to Shmi a bit as I have an adventurous son whom I love very much.

[​IMG]

Arcanah, Sarge, Ewok Poet and 2 others like this.
  20. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I can relate to Maul quite well. There are certainly times at work where I feel like I'm only half there...

AshiusX, Arcanah, Ezon Pin and 3 others like this.
  21. Isaiah9823

Isaiah9823 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2015
    Maybe Han because he just wants make a living in a giant galaxy with Chewie, but he becomes a part of something greater.

22. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    Qui-Gon and Anakin.

Anakin because I've had various problems like him and Qui Gon due to his vast perspective on life itself. Able to conduct a path, not choosing sides but his own. Able to see both sides of the spectrum, by not having complete bias.

23. Arcanah

Arcanah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2016
    Han Solo, Leia, Rey and to a fraction of an extent Anakin and Kylo Ren...in that order

24. Evening Star

Evening Star Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Anakin. I can see myself in most of his traits.

Arcanah likes this.
  25. Arcanah

Arcanah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2016
    Correction: Darth Maul too, same reason:
    :D