main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Most Significant Scene/Scenerio

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthGyos, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Out of ALL 6 movies and the Clone Wars cartoons, what do you think is most significant scene as it related to the saga storyline?

(this should be good)

~DG~

2. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    I think Ep3 is my least favorite movie of all 6 BUT it has the most significant scene that determines the whole saga. That would be when Anakin marches up to the Jedi Temple to kill everyone inside. You know then that all his innocence is gone and its the beginning of the end for what used to stand for good in the galaxy (the jedi). The only way anything can ever possibly be salavaged lies in the hands of his children someday.

3. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    HIDE AND SEEK

Just popped in from across the pond to say Hi and comment also.

I Agree.
    At that moment you know Anakin is capable of true evil.
    He will never be the same again.
    Definately the most significant scene.

4. MediaGuyPJ

MediaGuyPJ Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
    Well lets see I would say its proably say that in the OT, its when Luke meets yoda and talks to Ben. Its really like confirmation of the force. For the first time its not only Luke hearing Ben this could be like me hearing voices in my head, but when other people hear them its like the intercom.

In the PT its when Qui-Gon lands on Tattooine. Without meeting Anakin where would the SW universe be?

5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I think that in the PT it's when Anakin goes to Palpatine's office after telling Mace that Palpatine is really Sidious. If he doesn't follow Mace there against his orders to stay at the temple, Mace would have finished off Sidious and Anakin would never have been turned to the Dark Side.

In the OT it's when R2-D2 escapes the Imperial boarding of Leia's ship and makes it to the surface of Tatooine. If he doesn't get down to the planet he never would have run into Luke, who wouldn't have met Obi-Wan and trained to be a Jedi, and the Rebellion would never have received the blueprints of the Deathstar.

6. Whizkid

Whizkid Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    Opening Scene of ANH

Luke vs Vader in ESB

Palpatine declares Empire/Anakin kills Seperatists

Duel of the Fates

7. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Jeebus! It says pick one not 347 significant scenes. lol.

8. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Its hard to choose just one. However, I would have to agree with icyis. Seeing Anakin light his saber up in front of the Younglings was very emotional for me.

A close second was Han Solo's introduction to Ben and Luke. Much of waht transpires from then on out would not have been possible with Han. Without Han, Vader would have shot Luke down, Yavin would have been destroyed, and The Empire would have one.

9. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Found you Jimbo.

Anyway, my opinion on it is that Luke succumbing to his anger is the most Significant in the scenario, as if it wasn't for that he would never have beaten Vader.

10. usher-lover

usher-lover Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2005
    Most important i would say is when Anakin kills Mace Windu in Palpatines office in ep. III, its then you know that he's abandoned the jedi and that way of life by accepting what Palpatine says to do.

11. Fat_Daddy_Pimp_Stain

Fat_Daddy_Pimp_Stain Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2005
    I think when Anakin is on the Jedi council and is not made a master.

It was a grave mistake by the Jedi.

It added to Anakin's anger and mistrust with the Jedi and Palpatine knowing this helped drive the idea that the Jedi did not fully trust Anakin and would possibly try to overthrow the Republic...even though Ankakin knew better.

Not making Anakin a Master at that point for me,not only was Anakin's fall but the Jedi as well.

* Chris *

12. DarthGyos

Apr 23, 2001
    Wow, a majority of answers are based in the PT. Interesting.

Those who know me know that I talk about this scene ENDLESSLY.

Luke surrenders to the Empire. He is brought to Vader in shackles. He is at the highest padawan level you can imagine (minus the braid) and knows full well what his final test is.
    He and Vader have THE CONVERSATION. The music, the acting, the body language tells volumes.
    Lukes first test is a success; Vader has Lukes weapon in hand, yet does not strike him down. Was this at the behest of the Emperor? You know that Vader is well aware of the "only 2" sith rule and he doesn't want to rule the Universe. Where does this leave Vader?
    Then, Luke starts in, tugging on Vader heart string (yes, singular). You see it get to him with, 'That name no longer has any meaning to me'. This is the conversation he begns to really call Luke 'my son'. NOW the prophecy of Vader bringing balance to the force is coming to completion. Luke is the balance*. And his destruction of Vader is the prophecy fulfilled. As for Vaders destruction, Luke did the most Jedi thing possible; he killed him from the inside, with minimal damage to the physical body (save the Emperor's lightning). With Vader dead and Anakin making a last lunge towards redemption, Luke realizes he has won. Now his job is to save Anakin at any cost and rekindle the father - son relationship.

*footnote - Luke being born, trained, confronting Vader and winning set the balance in place. Some will argue that it the balance takes place when Vader throws the Emperor into the pit.
    I still think it's odd to call 'no evil' a balance.

~DG~

13. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Five words...

"No...I am your Father"

14. DropKickAnt

DropKickAnt Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2004
    I watched ROTJ last week and I said to my brother that the scene where Vader stairs off into the distance after luke is taken off to see the emperor is my favorite part bc you know hes in turmoil

15. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Meri nailed it.

16. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    :eek:

The.......urge......to.......comment......is......too.......great.........

[face_laugh]

17. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Tough call to say the least.

If it were up to me to pick the most significant scene, it has to be in ANH when after Luke returns from finding Owen and Beru killed, he speaks to Obi-Wan at the Sandcrawler. The one line that he says is so key to everything, because from there on out, you know there's no going back. The line I speak of is this...

"I want to come with you to Alderaan. There is nothing here for me now. I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like my father."

It just sets everything in motion, in my opinion.

18. DarthGyos

Apr 23, 2001
    LOL Joe-

must...resist...urge to get....banned.....

lol

~DG~

19. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Gary, you as SOooooooo "full of glee". :p

Allow me to hijack the thread and say that our crews definately need to get together with some Yueng and kick it. ;)

20. DarthGyos

Apr 23, 2001
    We need it to kick it like Bruce. Yueng and wings are a must!

~DG~

21. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    I'm down for it as well. All you had to say was Yuengling. ;)

22. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    I get back from vacation on the 10th.

This needs to get planned. For November.

23. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    It is so hard to choose just one scene since everyone seems to be making good points about all the scenes that they are choosing.

24. TI-0694

TI-0694 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2004
    Luke: Never. I'll never turn to the dark side. I'm a Jedi...like my father before me.

That's my moment. Luke could've walked Anakin's path but he held back. At that moment, he proved he was a true Jedi by renouncing the dark side.

25. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    My vote would have to go to when Vader decides to pick up the Emperor and toss him over the railing. The Chosen One fulfilled his destiny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.