main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Most "tear jerking" moment

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Sima_Sith, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sima_Sith

Sima_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2005
    SW trilogy are definatly good action movies to see. but inside of it, it also incorparates love and sorrow. ROTS is no different. Post the scene, that you think was the saddest.

IMO, when Palpatine iniciated order 66, that scene with all the jedi killing. from the first hologram to yoda, very sad. the music makes it even worse

2. simon-the-ewok

simon-the-ewok Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2005
    "You were the Chosen One!"

That line and the dialouge that follows is really emotional.

3. SnowmaN2001

SnowmaN2001 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    Obi-Wan: You were the chosen one! you were supposed to destroy the sith not become one!
    Anakin: I HATE YOU!
    Obi-Wan: You were my brother Anakin, I loved you!
    Anakin: *being melted*

When Anakin is in the jedi council room by himself, right before everything goes down

when yoda senses all those deaths and just falls to the ground

"master skywalker, theres too many of them, what are we going to do"

obi-wan's last words to anakin, before he left. I knew that was the last time they would speak when he said "goodbye old friend"

after obi-wan cut off all 3 of anakin's remaining limbs, and every part after that until the end pretty much

4. Sima_Sith

Jun 11, 2005
    i thought Palpatine showed a little caring when he ran over to anakin, bent over, and put his hand on his head. i think i heard a little sigh there aswell

5. Hypernova

Hypernova Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    When Vader choked Padme and Obi-wan yells "Let her go, Anakin"

6. Lixsta

Lixsta Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    I cried when I saw Jar Jar. Seriously I would say when Anakin is up in the Jedi Chambers deciding to Save Palpatine then the Order 66. If you notice its the same music in both scenes

7. ___Obi-1___

___Obi-1___ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2004
    The scene before The Duel, and all that follows after it, specially:

-"You were the Chosen One"

-The birth scene and Vader's surgery...

8. MASTER_DOODOO

MASTER_DOODOO Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2005
    I get teary when I see that little kid's face after Anakin lights his saber. That's a sad part. Then when Yoda describes the light saber wound on the youngling with his voice cracking a bit. That all makes up for the saddest part of the movie. I think that was Lucas' best decision: Not to show the slaughter in the Jedi temple.

9. Seanywan

Seanywan Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
    I was watching it yesterday and I started to tear up badly when Yoda says goodbye to Chewie and Tarfull. Listening to Yoda's theme in the background made me tear up real bad!

Questions? Comments? Ridicule?

10. Lixsta

Lixsta Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Notice Yoda tells Anakin not to miss anyone, yet Yoda Tells Chewie and the other Wookie he will miss them

11. ome

ome Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 2004
    yep...obi 1's lines while anakin is being burnt... [face_mischief]

12. Capt_Piet

Capt_Piet Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    Order 66.

By far the hardest scene to watch. The image of seeing the defenders of freedom be cut down by there own men casued many in the theater to cringe.

13. MASTER_DOODOO

MASTER_DOODOO Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2005
    "Notice Yoda tells Anakin not to miss anyone, yet Yoda Tells Chewie and the other Wookie he will miss them "

I've said it before, but I still think Yoda is the biggest punk of the whole thing.

-Always bitching for the first 3 movies
    -Loses 2 jedi masters
    -draws one fight against a Sith lord and loses the other

Obi Wan is streaky, but at least he's good for something in all 6 of them

-kills Maul
    -discovers the plan
    -beats Anakin
    -trains Luke, and dies on Luke's behalf
    -guides Luke the rest of the way through

If I were Mace, I would have demoted Yoda to Padawan and put him under Kenobi's training.

14. Solapo

Solapo Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2005
    For me the most tear jerking moment was from when Obi Wan meets with Padme, and ask her where is Anakin, and she realizes he is going to kill him. From that moment on every scene with her, is just so sad, plus the music is just perfect.

15. Richard-Drahcir

Richard-Drahcir Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    The whole Order 66 sequence from when they fired at Obi-Wan to the death of the final youngling and Yoda falling to the floor truly got me upset.
    It was just so terrible to see the defenders of peace and justice assassinated by what they thought they were fighting for.
    All though Ki-Adi Mundi's death seemed most upsetting right now, listening to the cd and track 4 Anakin's Dark Deeds, I am feeling really bad for Yoda I mean he can feel the deaths of everyone he knows and loves. No-one can imagine how terrible that must feel.

16. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Hearing Leia's theme.

!snap

17. Evil-Yoda

Evil-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    All of the Mustafar dialogue... From Anakin saying "LIAR! to Obi-Wans "You were the chosen one...".

18. Sima_Sith

Jun 11, 2005
    Ki-Adi Mundi's death was probly the worst of order 66 deaths. he ordered a "CHAREG!!" they ran, stopped. he turned around, they shot him, he fell

19. Darth-Vindictus

Darth-Vindictus Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2005
    When Anakin is "melting", as someone put it, and we seem him as the pathetic, hateful Vader. That scene actually had me to the point of tears. I was just saying to myself (and the screen!) "YOU IDIOT, ANAKIN! HOW WARPED ARE YOU? WHY BETRAY BEN AND THE JEDI! AAAAARGGHHHHHH"

20. Darkside_Vader

Darkside_Vader Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2005
    The thing that got to me the most was when they had the funeral scene for Padme. Order 66 got to me to but not to much

21. jvberggren

jvberggren Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    when anakin says "i hate you!"

another one that touched me, was yoda getting a ride on chewie's shoulders...

22. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    For me it's when they pan down in Padme's casket and show the Japor Snippit under her hands. When I first saw ROTS,I had no idea that was coming,and I was thinking-"Dang. That is so sad". :(

23. Seanywan

Seanywan Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
    I also teared up when Obi-Wan says "I have failed you Anakin, I have failed you." Ewan was THE PERFECT CHOICE for the young Obi-Wan.

24. agcjedi

agcjedi Jedi Master star 1

Jul 10, 2003
    When the Boga is falling and howling. That kicked off the saddest part of the saga for me (The start of Order 66)

25. Darth_Desolate

Darth_Desolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2005
    Order 66...especially when Yoda drops his cane.

When Anakin and padme have their scene on mustafar and when anakin chokes her. I really like it when we heard that explosion after he let her go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.