main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Most "tear jerking" moment

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Sima_Sith, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I have to admit, when I first saw ROTS, I was very emotional. It was the film I have been waiting to see ever since I was a child, and I was in the perfect atmosphere to see it...Large cinema, everyone a hardcore fan, and Geroge Lucas himself was in attendance.

I didn't cry of anything because it was a "sad" moment, but I got emotional because of the things I had been waiting so many years to see. The duel...the suit...the twins.

The first moment was just before the duel...When Vader choked Padme I just knew the pieces were all falling into place. Obi Wan was there, there was a war of words, the duel was only seconds away. As soon as Obi Wan said "I will do what I must..." and unhook the saber from his belt, I just let go, and cheered when they ignited...That got to me.

I welled up when the twins were born, but I didn't cry until Vader's helmet came down, and he took that first breath. I think a lot of fans did...I saw a few people wiping their face.

But I think the moment that really got me was the very end of the film, when Bail Organa takes Leia to Alderaan, and we hear Leia's theme; then we cut to Tatooine, and we hear the Force/Binary Sunset theme, and we see the suns setting on the Tatooine horizon. It tied into Episode IV - a film I grew up with, and cherished so much, with such a familiar music cue playing, it just hit be like a ******* anvil!

I'm just a big weepy bugger! :p

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Your not. Things are simply the way that they are. We all knew that the darkness would embrace Anakin. We had it coming. But it surely was done beautiful in the last half of the film.

3. DagniroVanaliel

DagniroVanaliel Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    My eyes teared up when Anakin choked Padme. I watched the duel in stunned silence.

Then Obi-Wan's "You were the Chosen One!" speech came. I started sobbing hysterically (well, sort of; my thirteen year old brother was sitting next to me). I kept crying all the way through the birth and immolation scenes, Padme's funeral, the twins arriving at their new homes...

The last half hour was dramatic and tearjerking. Alltogether wonderful. Though I'd have to say the most tearjerking moment for me was when Obi-Wan said, "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you." That just hit me.

4. Drakonnen

Drakonnen Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Definetly the Youngling scene stood out above the rest in that regard. They picked the -perfect- kid for that with the accent and his trusting expression, then the sort of short startle when Anakin ignites his saber.

I think that scene has gotten sadder each of the five times I've seen it.

Hard to feel any sympathy at all for someone who is willing to slaughter a room full of children just to possibly "discover the secret to save Padme" if he works together with the Sith Lord, especially when doing all that based on just a few nightmares.

5. JedimasterMoon

JedimasterMoon Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2005
    Anakin burning, its heart wrenching.

6. Mastermorgan

Mastermorgan Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    Basically the last half of the movie was very sad. Order 66 and all the Jedi being killed. Anakin killing the Younglings, " Master Anakin there are too many what are we going to do"? (lightsaber ignites), so sad. The the whole dialogue between Anakin and Obi Wan on Mustafar.
    "You were the chosen one, it was said you would destroy the Sith not join them, you were to bring balance to the force not leave it in darkness."
    "I HATE YOU"
    "You were my brother Anakin, I loved you"

7. CC-11-120

CC-11-120 Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2005
    I WAS CRYING when the little child goes "there are too many of them, master skywalker, what are we going to do?" And anikin ignites the lightsaber the child steps back, and BAM! it changes to a different scene but u know what happenes. that is definatly the most tear jerking!

8. master_ghost

master_ghost Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    Probably most tear jerking has to be order 66. And for some reason at the very end of RotS with baby Luke and the 2 suns of Tatoine

9. KenobisHeir

KenobisHeir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    I got goosebumps when that happened. The saddest part for me was Order 66. Just couldn't believe it.

10. Jedi_Hunter_505

Jedi_Hunter_505 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2004
    Not tear jerking but the saddest death was Ki Adi-Mundi.

The look on his face the the look of the utmost betreyal and confusion. Kudos to the actor. He got the expression perfect.

11. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    Yep, Silas Carson is more then an Extra. He was also in a few British Soap Operas. He knows how to emote.

12. namnlos

namnlos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    He can make a nice bit of cash for the rest of his life at Cons - he's got so many different character photos to sign ;)

13. tumblebug

tumblebug Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2005
    Most tear jerking moment: everything on Mustafar and everything after it... :_| :_| :_|

14. darth2019

darth2019 Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2005
    When Yoda says:The boy you trained gone he is now counsumed by Darth Vader

man did that make me cry alot its like losing a boy into the iraq side in the war on terrerism

15. darth_beaner

darth_beaner Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    absolutely. john williams does a fantastic job with this as well.

16. darth2019

darth2019 Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2005
    Some of John Williams songs really sound sad.

17. Darth_Expedite

Darth_Expedite Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    Knowing Binks made it out of ROTS alive made me :_| like a baby. [face_devil]

18. Nal_Hutta

Nal_Hutta Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2005
    I got teary at order 66 and when the credits started to roll. what a great end to a great saga.

19. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    The credits were hard, esp on the first viewing... I had such a feeling
    of this is it. this is really it. it's over.
    I first saw ESB in the theater first run. I was 4. Here I am nearly 3 decades
    later and it's over. Heavy stuff.

I wasn't bothered at Padme's death because we sort of know it's coming, and sadly,
    I don't feel like Padme was ever written to be a completely sympathetic character,
    merely a plot device.

I was sad to see Dooku go because Chris Lee brought such presence and dignity
    to a character that could of, on the whole, not amounted to much, other than
    a test for Anakin.

Hated to see GG go, much like Maul, because of a spectacular visual performance.
    He had me at "fire the retro boooooosters!"

The saddest saddest part, watching Obi Wan pick up Anakin's lightsaber at the
    end of their duel. His master and pupil are both gone, and all he has left
    of them are their lightsabers.

20. DarthGeorgeBush

DarthGeorgeBush Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2005
    i cried of laughter when Mace started screaming like a girl and flew out the window

21. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Order 66!

:_|

22. Grievous21

Grievous21 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2005
    Order 66, definately. Across the galaxy, Jedi being kiled by clones. Sad.

23. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Not so much the Jedi ... but poor Boga! What did she ever do to deserve her death??!!

24. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    I thought I was going to cry, but I didn't at all.

I almost did, when Order 66 was being carried out. So sad. :(

25. Darthana

Darthana Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    Order 66 ans that scene in which Anakin burns after Obi-Wan slashes him on Mustafar. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.