main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Most "tear jerking" moment

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Sima_Sith, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Raider

Dark_Raider Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2005
    Order 66, "I Loved you!" "I HATE you!", and Padmes funeral with the amulet Anakin gave her...."You'll always be that little boy I knew on Tatooine." :_|

2. Darth_Masticator

Darth_Masticator Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    i never teared up, but after a third viewing, i'd have to say the most heart-wrenching moment was seeing anakin suffer right after obi-wan worked him and just before he combusted...hayden did a great job of showing the agony on his face and seeing him struggle and wince was truly saddening. just thinking of what he started out as and what he was supposed to be got to me

3. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    :::Another "tear-jerking" moment, albeit not intentional, was the scene in which Portman says "It's only because I'm so in love"; watching talented actors degrade themselves in this sort of garbage does in fact bring me to tears.

Actually, that's the VERY scene, but not that line, that begins the waterworks for me: You see, Anakin HAS let his love blind him, as Padme joked. In the very next scene we see Anakin's vision of Padme's death in childbirth.

It's ironic, it's brilliant, and it's the beginning of the end...

4. DARTH_JANISSARY

DARTH_JANISSARY Jedi Master star 1

Sep 6, 2002
    When the twins were born mainly because I have 5 month old boy girl twins & it made me think of them.

5. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    :::"Anakin, you're breaking my heart."

Pure cheese, indeed(?)

What about the next line "Your going down a path I cannot follow!"

I suppose that lines is "cheesy" too, right?

<edited for extreme flammability>

Grrrrrr....

P.S. Sort of off topic - That line is *much* less cheesy (not to mention obnoxious) than the line that Jamie Fox(x?) delivered at the beginning of the trailer for Stealth: which I have seen at least 9 agonizing times now.

Do they REALLY want me to see that movie?

It looks less and less appealing every single time.

6. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Now that I've seen the film 7 (yikes!) times, I think the most "tear jerking" moment for me is the final goodbye between Obi-Wan and Anakin...the next time they meet, it's Obi-Wan vs. Vader.

"Goodbye my old friend, May the Force be with you."
    :(

7. Deathtickle

Deathtickle Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    The very first shot- when the jedi fighters zing the Republic Cruiser and dive off the side to join the battle. (Awesome music and sound FX)

Also when the clone orders, "Lock s-foils in attack possition..." and the following shot.

8. KitFistoismyHero

KitFistoismyHero Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2005
    I'm not the kind to actually be brought to tears by movies but there were some rather sad bits in this movie such as...

On a second viewing watching Anakin try to get Mace to let him come to take down Palpatine was a bit tragic because he may never have turned if he'd seen the whole fight, ie Palps brandishing a lightsaber and killing the three jedi

Thinking about how Yoda and ObiWan are going to spend the rest of their lives, bumming around on crappy planets was sad as they were such legends
    Heartless as it may seem the following scenes caused very little emotional stir in me.

Order 66 because Aayla Secura's performance ruined it.
    Any scene with Padme and Anakin because they just annoyed me severely.
    The part where Obi Wan arrives to take out Vader caused me to break out in laughter, I loved the pose on the ramp.
    When Anakin had his legs cut off I wanted to cheer, he totally deserved it.

9. DARTHDREDD71

DARTHDREDD71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2005
    "You were the chosen one.You were meant to destroy the sith not join them.Bring balance to the force,not leave it in darkness"

Brilliant stuff from a fantastic actor.And i did'nt have a tissue.
    :_| :_| :_|

10. stickjam

stickjam Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2005
    The most emotionally-charged scene for me is the same in all six films: the blue graphic: "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." Never fails.

It allowed me to recover quickly after the disappointing THX logo ditty--I thought for sure they were going to top the lightning/shattering glass one from AOTC.

11. rotslover

rotslover Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Most "tear jerking" moment:

Padme's breakup with Anakin on Mustafar, and the duel. The birth/death scene. Padme's funeral. The sunset of Tatooine. Order 66.

12. dr_sne

dr_sne Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2005
    In my opinion, Mace's death was it for me mostly because you know that its the beginning of the end for the jedi.

13. Buzzz

Buzzz Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2005
    The murder of the younglings.:(

14. Darth_Hirion

Darth_Hirion Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    The begining of the movie with the opening crawl (realising about this is the last star wars movie), the face of the youngling when Anakin lights his saber, Padme and Anakin in Mustafar, Obi-wan and Anakin discussion in Mustafar before and after the duel, Vader rising and knowing about Padme's death, Padme's funeral with the gift Anakin gave her in TPM in her chest:_| and the last scene with baby Luke and the two suns sunset, the end of all things, end of Star Wars.

15. boostincoyote

boostincoyote Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2005
    when the screen fades to black and says Directed by George Lucas and that it was the end of the saga

16. TanSei

TanSei Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    First time I saw the film, I was crying all the way from the order 66 onwards. I now know what weeping is like.

Now, when I've seen the movie several times. There are so many things that touch me. All of them already listed in here. But the last time I saw it (yesterday) two things really caught my eye.

Obi-Wan pleading to Yoda not to send him kill Anakin even to so much as to lie to Yoda that he wouldn't know where to look. The man is desperate.

THe look of pain in Anakin's face when he kills the separatists. When he is in the jedi temple, he's like a robot, not letting himself feel anything, but with the separatist, I guess his mask is starting to crumble. Absolutely horrific.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.